DSC: A-10 is not Playaple, planes corrupted and the it's very slow

hamodi99

I downloaded the game from steam, then when I try to select a training mission "the very first training mission", the game go so slow and the objects like the plane that I suppose to take a lesson on it, is corrupted. The graphic of the plane is corrupted. I tried to lower the graphics from high to medium. I also turned off the HDR, the TSAA to off, the water to LOW, and the AA to 2x , and the game is still not running smooth. Any clue ?

I have MSI GT70 , INTEL I7, NVIDIA GTX 670M, 12 GRAM and HD 760 5200 RPM

Please note I also downloaded DSC WORLD and A-10 modules from ED website, and same happened. I don't think my specs to bad to not run this game smooth.

No I didn't overclock any thing in my system. And I checked the GTX settings and I set it to application controlled, but no luck. I even lowered the resolution to 1400* but the problem is still here, so slow and I can see through the planes.

Hi,

Did you install DCS World first and then the modules?

Graphics can't be corrupted, I mean the cockpit will be invisible if the game isn't activated...

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

could also be a bad install/download or conflict between versions. remove all trace, and the saved game folder in your local dir. and do the re install dance with world and see if that is any different. you may need to install outside of the default Dir. iirc.

its been a while since i installed due to autopatcher.

also this thread may have some info, it sounds like a similar problem

Edited by ilikepie
coffee

Action After Contemplation

Make very sure your computer does not end up using the IGP (Integrated Graphics Processor) on the i7.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

You're in luck, as I had this problem. Go to the graphics config file in the DCS directory, find where to says:

Low

{

near_clip = 0.2;

This will be accompanied by a further 2 more 'clip' settings, which will say Med and High.

To fix this glitch, [which will also speed up DCS], change the 'near_clip = O.2' option to 'near_clip = 0.0', for High, Med, and Low.

Hope this helps. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You're in luck, as I had this problem. Go to the graphics config file in the DCS directory, find where to says:

Low

{

near_clip = 0.2;

This will be accompanied by a further 2 more 'clip' settings, which will say Med and High.

To fix this glitch, [which will also speed up DCS], change the 'near_clip = O.2' option to 'near_clip = 0.0', for High, Med, and Low.

Hope this helps. :D

Pingo.. :D now the plane looks awesome and thanks to you for the advise. I also noticed a good improvements in graphics in general, BUT the game still slow :(

I will quote what u said and I will give to other frustrated players in other forum to try it :)

Update Drivers for Intel HD Graphics.

Disable nVidia Optimus Technology or Force DCS to Use the nVidia Card..

The Game is trying to run on the Intel HD GPU Cores and not the nVidia Card.

I guarantee you your Intel GPU is still trying to render the Game. Run a App to Monitor GPU Usage, and i bet the 670m stays at next to nil.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Update Drivers for Intel HD Graphics.

Disable nVidia Optimus Technology or Force DCS to Use the nVidia Card..

The Game is trying to run on the Intel HD GPU Cores and not the nVidia Card.

I guarantee you your Intel GPU is still trying to render the Game. Run a App to Monitor GPU Usage, and i bet the 670m stays at next to nil.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssss Man you're 100% right. I right clicked the DSC:World, chose the nvidia GPU , and guess what? the Intel GPU was set by default to run the game. Now, and Only NOW, the game run very smooth and the graphics are awesome. When I was playin the game, the red light indicate that the nvidia GPU was working, but hell yeah, now is good.

Thanks a lot guys for your help and Thanks Skatezilla in particular for this great tip. :)

• Like 1

Make very sure your computer does not end up using the IGP (Integrated Graphics Processor) on the i7.

I'm using a computer with an i7, and I'm experiencing all sorts of problems. How do you make sure your computer doesnt end up using the IGP?

EDIT: Whoops, should have the read the whole thread before posting.

Edited by RagingBunny
Extra text

Pingo.. :D now the plane looks awesome and thanks to you for the advise. I also noticed a good improvements in graphics in general, BUT the game still slow :(

I will quote what u said and I will give to other frustrated players in other forum to try it :)

No problem buddy, enjoy the sim and have fun! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm using a computer with an i7, and I'm experiencing all sorts of problems. How do you make sure your computer doesnt end up using the IGP?

Yes, just go to the desktop, right-click on the DSC: World icon, click on the graphics processor "or something like that", then click on the desired GPU.

Yes, just go to the desktop, right-click on the DSC: World icon, click on the graphics processor "or something like that", then click on the desired GPU.