Su-25 UB model...

Trooper117

This isnt a model, this is ART!

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

WOW!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Unrealistic loadout but it's very pretty! Seems to be from our Su-25 pilot Mikhail Pavlov's squadron too.
What do you mean by unrealistic load?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

The ballistics computer in the aircraft is old and limited. If I understand correctly, it only supports ballistic calculations for two type of weaponry (not including cannon and AAM).

IIRC it's possible to hang some "extra" ordnance but you could only use it in CETKA mode.

Different rocket types have different launch orders, for example some are fired inner pylons to outer pylons and some other rocket types might be conflicting with that order.

The control stick basically has a switch that lets you use the A2G trigger either for bombs or rockets.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=878298&postcount=2540

I don't understand your point? Are you saying the Su25UB can not use the AAM (I assume the abbreviation means Air to Air Missile) and cannon? The Su-25UB was a combat training variant of Su25. Thus the "UB" stands for "Uchebno-Boyevoy", combat trainer.

BTW there is no need for the ballistic calculation to fire the heat seeker IR missile.

OK. So, you are are saying that Su-25 and Su25B can not have more then two different types of weapons under the wings at the same time?

That's what the Su-25 pilots say. Can't hang two types of rockets for example or you will have the same ballistic setting for both of them (thus you must use CETKA if you want to use them) and there will be a conflicting firing order.

You can't cycle weapons like you can in Flaming Cliffs. There is only one switch which lets you choose either bombs or rockets to fire from that trigger.

There are pictures (from airshows?) with Su-25's sitting on the ground with similar loadouts to the plastic model but they are what Russians call "pokazuha" - for showing off.

That's what the Su-25 pilots say. Can't hang two types of rockets for example or you will have the same ballistic setting for both of them (thus you must use CETKA if you want to use them) and there will be a conflicting firing order.
What you are saying here is that, eventually, it is possible to use more then two types of weapons, but precision/effectiveness will suffer because the weapons computer can not handle it. In such cases, some of the weapons will have to be employed using CETKA. Well, that still makes it realistic to life load out, but may not be used due to the lack of precision/effectiveness. Thus, the model is accurate.

Well sure could be, I don't know the nuances of the Su-25 weapon systems. However I still find it unrealistic despite being possible. It would be interesting to know how the gun pods with depression are operated for example.

Edited by Griffin

We are splitting hair here. While the "load-out is certainly not realistic for operational use", it is perfectly accurate in real life. Thus I give it 10 out of 10, short of using a vernier caliper to measure every measurable part on it to confirm the scale.