Hotas warthog DIN Connector Problems

I Bought a TM Hotas Warthog and spent 1 week with customer service trying to get it working before I noticed that the Female DIN connector in the base of the Joystick had fallen down to far to make the connection between Joystick and base. I have contacted the USA Sales manager and I am waiting to hear back.

Has any one else had this problem?

That sucks.

I've heard of pinched wiring, and even a guy abusing the socket by trying to mount the stick on backwards (moron who can't see yellow arrows)- which could, but didn't, push the connector to the bottom like in your case, but never a socket not held properly by it's metal casing. Mine came with the black ground wire slightly pinched, but no problem.

This part is rather easy to replace, two screws and some soldering. This shouldn't happen, though. TM's quality control of these DIN connectors is starting to annoy me.

I ve been dealing with them for 5 days with no success. I just want my money back and Ill go to Best Buy and Get a X52 Pro

Edit:

Was CCed this Email between the vendor and the Sales Director of Thrustmaster.

J**********,

Apparently M******** doesn’t understand the procedure and is unhappy with having to wait for the replacement cord, so he has charged it back to us. Supposedly he will ship it back to us, and then I’ll just have to get you to help me get it fixed under warranty….. I know you get tired of this long distance support situation, but when you make stuff for kids, this is what happens. Kids these days want immediate gratification and don’t want to begin to understand the nuances of the computer sales business. If they need someone here in the USA to do parts fulfillment for them, you should talk to me. We have inexpensive warehouse space here in Kansas.

I tried to explain to him that he just needed a cable, and he didn’t want to hear it.

Let me know what I need to do. I assume you can’t just send him another one…… so when I get the one back from him, I’ll email you about getting the replacement cable from Support and I’ll just put it on ebay or something….. maybe since it’s basically brand new, I can sell it that way.

C*******

\\\\\\\\\

I do understand that but I just want my money back and to end this nightmare. I find it amusing they consider a 700$ Joystick as "made for kids"

Edited by esseresse
Add information

Wow..you paid $700??? Isn't that like $200 over the street price? But if it is just a cable, why not just swap it?

If you've lost confidence, that's another thing. Return it and go with another vendor.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I had the same issue... pin connector had fallen @ 2mm. It was an easy fix to pull the pin conn to the proper height and then I epoxied it in place.

Not a problem since then...

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy

I had the same issue... pin connector had fallen @ 2mm. It was an easy fix to pull the pin conn to the proper height and then I epoxied it in place.

Not a problem since then...

Can you post how you did that? I cant get a good grip on the connector.

Can you post how you did that? I cant get a good grip on the connector.

sorry... off to work, will re-post in @ 9 hours with solution. Don't try to force it! You have to come from the rear side and push the pin into place, then epoxy. More details later... sorry, have to run

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy

Just a cable? WTH is he talking about? Get your money back and buy a proper warthog at the real price of 450~500$, yeah shipping could be pricey but I highly doubt it would get near 700$.

Amazon has one for 460$ and free shipping.

"Kids these days" apparently run computer sales businesses.

Edited by 69iAF~Mike

Hey there, home from work.

"I cant get a good grip on the connector."

With a very small flat screwdriver, 'gently' work the two flanges up and out until you can grip the fitting with your fingers. Just be gentle and patient.

Remove the stick from the base.... remove the 2 screws and 'gently' pull the silver fitting up.... there should be enough slack to get it out enough to see the bottom of the fitting.

apply a little epoxy to the bottom rim of the pin connector and 'gently push it in until it's flush with top of the silver fitting. When the epoxy is dry, re-mount fitting and reassemble the stick.

That's how I fixed mine.... but wow... $700.00? way too much man :cry:

Edited by Picksplitter

Was CCed this Email between the vendor and the Sales Director of Thrustmaster.

J**********,

Apparently M******** doesn’t understand the procedure and is unhappy with having to wait for the replacement cord, so he has charged it back to us. Supposedly he will ship it back to us, and then I’ll just have to get you to help me get it fixed under warranty….. I know you get tired of this long distance support situation, but when you make stuff for kids, this is what happens. Kids these days want immediate gratification and don’t want to begin to understand the nuances of the computer sales business. If they need someone here in the USA to do parts fulfillment for them, you should talk to me. We have inexpensive warehouse space here in Kansas.

I tried to explain to him that he just needed a cable, and he didn’t want to hear it.

Let me know what I need to do. I assume you can’t just send him another one…… so when I get the one back from him, I’ll email you about getting the replacement cable from Support and I’ll just put it on ebay or something….. maybe since it’s basically brand new, I can sell it that way.

C*******

\\\\\\\\\

I do understand that but I just want my money back and to end this nightmare. I find it amusing they consider a 700$ Joystick as "made for kids"

Yeah, based on the language and verbal positioning used in that message, it is indeed funny that the *vendor who ripped you off over MSRP* thinks it's made for kids.

That's from the party you bought it from; not TM. Deal with TM direct, and you won't have this problem.

Deal with TM direct, and you won't have this problem.

Very true. The only reason to deal with the retailer, in this case, is for a straight up return or exchange. TM can be a bit slow in answering email but they will get you taken care of.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

FWIW, I had to order mine through TM tech support, and it cost me a whopping 7 dollars + 30 bucks shipping and handling. The item is located in France, so thats why shipping is so high, but yeah...deal with TM first.

Thrustmaster... you can also call them. It worked well for me when email was slow.

Tel.: +33 (0) 2 99 08 08 80

Best of luck.

sounds to me like your vendor is a kid as an adult would make sure he didn't copy this e-mail to the customer, also with the language he is obviously a world of tanks player they all kid this and kid that next he will be saying it broke coz ur a noob...LOL.

good luck with the stick it really is a good one, I have had mine for years no complaints apart from the paint comes off the trigger but who cares.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup: