LotAtc 4 DCS - 0.9.1

Having problems scaling up the number of radars with Lotatc, client hangs at a certain high point. Does the radar modelling type have affects on both client and server workload? For example, you have 60 radars, if you have accurate conical and terrain modelling is there load on both the client and server and less if you reduce to no radar modelling?

The number of radar affects server but it will depends of the number of units (plane, helicopters, sam) on map too. For each unit, LotAtc must check radar that see it (I have a great cache management for that too avoid too much computation). The worst case is lot of radar, lots of units and all in deep valley with realistic radars... :)

However, I can run more than 2000 units on map without problems.

You can send me the mission file, I will check that there is no problem on my side.

For clients, radar have no more impact than for standard unit (except by drawing detection/threat circles around) but no more computation. Try to hide this circle (map options) and see is it is better or not.

Hi there... im instaled lotatc client v.1.0.0-rc2 but cant get this to work... everytime i start up the program it freezes and i have to close it via task manager. I tryed both 64 and 32bit version but every time the same problem.. can someone help me with it?

If you are on Win8/10 with an AMD card and last drivers, there is a problem currently (working on it). Check here for a solution: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2456026&postcount=338

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little reminder:

As I HAVE NOT ACCESS to beta-test, LotAtc is currently not DCS-1.5-ready. Once released in OpenBeta, I will be able to test, fix if necessary and release a new version.

The 1.0.0 is hold for a while due to the DCS1.5 release, but I am currently working on the 1.1.0 :)

So to resume:

• If you want LotAtc on DCS 1.5, wait for my GO (if I am lucky, it could work out of box :music_whistling:)
  • The 1.0.0 will be released after DCS 1.5
  • The 1.1.0 is already in progress, I will communicate on this version with 1.0.0 final release certainly

DArt

Perhaps, I have a solution to fix LotAtc problem with AMD card.

Using regedit, change the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DArtSite\LotAtc 4 DCS Client\general\graphicsEngine from auto to directx and restart LotAtc.

Let's me know if it works for you or not. Thanks.

(if it is not working, you can try with opengl too)

Nothing helped for me .... im still no able to run lotac.

Win7,16gb ram, amd 7970, I7

LotAtc is curently works well on DCS 1.5, I have fixed some changes in human management (should solve some problems on duplicated labels).

As DCS is in OpenBeta phase, there is changes in lua on each update and I have to follow theses changes so not easy to release a "stable" version. The good news is that with help of ED dev team, LotAtc will increase a lot its performances in for DCS 1.5 final version. The result will be better than for DCS 1.2.

When it gets enough stable, I could release LotAtc, I hope for next week. The install of LotAtc server for DCS OpenBeta is now automatic, so it will be more easy to install it.

the amount of times I've seen ralfi's close calls on the runway fill me with resolve to do this

:D

Any status update?

My PC crash last weekend, need to reinstall all DCS + development tools, that is why I can finally release this week. I have moved from Win7 to Win10 so I need to validate its packaging and installation (on others configuration, especially for older OS like Win7). My squad have its LAN this weekend (11/7 to 11/11) and it will be the final test for LotAtc. If it is ok, I will deliver the package the 12th or 13th of November.

I know that it take times, but I prefer deliver something working and tested instead of something that cannot be installed and launched.

After, I can upload the current version tonight, but I cannot guarantee it will works on all configuration...

Edited by DArt

What does it look like? Will soon? It is a long silence.

I am French and events in Paris has changed my plans this weekend. I cannot work on LotAtc and prefer take time to help my children to understand what happens to us.

Moreover, the last openbeta update has changed some API and I had to change some code.

However, I begin to recode since yesterday. From now, chat is always in progress, it is my last action for full 1.5 support. So, stay tuned again, it is coming, be sure I do my best for that...