USB Lilliput 8" stopped working?

Hi,

This happened a couple of weeks ago and I've tried finding information everywhere I could think of to help fix the problem. I'm at a loss.

Here is what I have: Two 8" Lilliput USB monitors, with TM MFD's. Everything was working great for a year and then one day both USB monitors turned off and went into standby mode (little blue lights in the lower right hand corner blinking). This happened while I was flying another sim that I don't use the monitors in.

I turned one of them off and turned it back on, this usually fixes any problems as all my monitors turn off and then come back on. Only this time the main monitor and the other USB monitor came back on but the one I turned off stayed in standby mode. I got up and unplugged the USB monitor then I plugged it back in. No joy, still wouldn't come back on, it just stayed in stand by mode.

I then rebooted, still the same problem. I updated the Link drivers, still no joy.

Anyone have any ideas?

Using Windows 7.

Maybe try unplugging all the other monitors except for the one that is staying off.

We need to isolate if it's a monitor specific problem or a system problem.

If it worked in another computer then it would be clear it was a system issue.

Another thing to check are your screen resolution settings. Does it see the monitor when you try to change screen resolutions?

What happens when you try to extend or copy the desktop to the monitor that fails?

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

I unhooked the USB monitor that is working and plugged it back in, no problems, it came right back on and worked fine.

Changing resolutions didn't do anything.

When I push the detect button a blank monitor comes up and says 'another display not detected.' Not sure if that means anything or if that's just a default message.

Thanks for helping.

The 'another display not detected' message appears to be a default. I get that on my system with only one monitor connected.

You should see the failed monitor on the page with the others. If it's not there then that could indicate the system is not detecting it.

Have your tried a different USB cable? Or one of the cables from the monitor that works?

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Happened to me just now, both at the same time so I am sure it's not a material problem but something on the computer. When I turn them off and turn one back on, its detected a few seconds as 3rd monitor then disappear.

Edited by Zarma

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

• 2 years later...

In my search for a resolution to the same issue I found this thread. My 8" Lilliput Touchscreen worked fine just before I moved and I actually ordered a 2nd screen (and an articulating 2 screen mount) as i'm finally in a place I can set up a "cockpit". Hooked everything up, mounted the screen, plugged it in and blinking blue power light with blank screen. Tried reinstalling the Displaylink drivers I had (9.1 M1 I believe) and no joy. Went to the Lilliput site and it directed me to the driver download sites for the display drivers and touchscreen drivers. Grabbed the latest (beta) display drivers, the eGalax were the same I had. Used Program Manager to uninstall everything, rebooted, then installed the Dispalylink beta 9.3 drivers. Screen came right on, solid blue light! Installed latest eGalax Touchscreen drivers and all is well. Must have been a Win10 update that screwed me! Figured I would put this up to help anyone else with the issue..

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

No joy with the 9.3 beta drivers, still blinking light. And dont have the touchscreen version so dont need those additional drivers.

Thanks for trying to help.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

• 6 months later...

Hi....came here for the same issue.

I just received 3 8" usb drivers.

At first I installed the latest displaylink drivers (non beta) and all 3 screens worked. But now one of those have this blinking blue light issue. It happened when I unplugged and replugged the screens for moving them after testing.

I tried to install beta drivers, to completely uninstall displaylink and let windows 10 manage drivers, tried multiple usb ports...but nothing, one of the screens fail to work.

I also tried multiple reboots....

Do someone knows about a solution for this issue?

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Never found, threw them away and use the Cougar MFD without screen (as I often fly VR).

Ok I think i’ll send them back as i was just curious....

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• 4 months later...

The same happened to me, after unplugging my 2 8" Usb monitors, one fails to be recognized by Win10 (it just shows up as "Display Adapter"). Blank screen and blinking led is the result.

This is already the second monitor which fails and this time I'm afraid it can't be sent back. I'm really pissed off since this monitors are also quite expensive and they are not supposed to fail with such high rate!

I was happy that I managed to set all MFD to work with all my modules thanks to Helios, and now this!

Any solution to not throw them away would be greatly appreciated

• 1 month later...

Brief update after some research.

It seems that when leaving the monitors in standby mode for long periods of time, without switching them off using their power button, those will very likely "fry" their power adapter components (forgive my bad english).

It's vital then to ALWAYS switch off the monitors when not using them, to prolong their operational life.