New to FC3- copying keystroke/joystick configuration

ckelly14

That can be buggy or am I wrong? E.g. if you copied an older config of the Su-27 your 'stop tracking target with radar' won't work because they renamed that key and it won't display in the config if you copied an older file.

Same could be if you copie a Su-27 file to a Su-33 because they have some different actions. But I think Mig-29 to Mig-29S should work.

The safest way would be to save the profiles and then edit them with Notepad++ to transfer the duplicate functions. Zabuza is correct that just loading the profile from one aircraft into another is going to produce undesirable results in some instances.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Adding to what cichlidfan said, I save my keyboard and joystick profiles using the "Save As" function, then when a new version of DCS World is released I delete the keyboard.lua and a single joystick lua for each aircraft. Then I use the Compare plugin for N++ to look at differences in files between versions, and then make my changes manually. It's a pain, but it's less painful than rebuilding the lua profiles from scratch each time.

You can use Notepad++ but you need to be careful when copying key assignments as the commands vary a bit. I use ExamDiff Pro which is not free but adds color to differences and simplifies the compare of two txt files. There are other file compare utilities also, and free ones. Google text file compare :)