Deactivation or not.

After recently installing a new SSD i reinstalled Windows 7 and DCS with FC3 and A10c, I had deactivated these modules before the harware upgrade. Then I had a BSOD which resulted in my having to reinstall everything again. Can I just install my modules without having to go through a deactivation process. There has been no change in the hardware. Thanking you for any help.

Assuming your reinstall after the new SSD was successful and your registry is still intact then reinstalling should work without doing anything else.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If you had to reinstall windows, you will need to reactivate.

Reactivating on the same PC with the same hardware will cost an activation? assuming the initial re-install (before the BSOD) worked.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Reactivating on the same PC with the same hardware will cost an activation? assuming the initial re-install (before the BSOD) worked.

Yes, if the OS was reinstalled.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

delcamp,

The way it works is that you get a number of activations (9 I believe), and a deactivation just puts one of those numbers "back in your pocket". If you activate without deactivating, you just lose one of those activations, though you can always contact ED to have them add another to your account.

One technique I like to use is after building a virgin operating system I install DCS and do all activations. Then I back up my system. Then if I need to restore due to BSOD or something, I don't have to burn any activations.