Can't connect to Master.

Rhinox

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I take it from the title of this thread that your multiplayer is broken, but you say you cannot use DCS World at all? So it't not just multiplayer, care to explain in more detail?

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Please try to stay calm.

Have you tried to raise a ticket with official support?

How should I stay calm??? I reported problem long time ago, no one from ED reacted! And now the very same problem is in 1.2.8! So why the hell you release beta-versions when you pay no attention to bugs reported???

Official (ehm, ehm, so called) "support"? I already reported tickets 5 or 6 times with the same "results": I waited 2-3 month, then made loud complaints here, and finally someone answered my problem here. I NEVER got effective support using your portal! Your "record" was 9 months "response time", after which ED just asked "does your problem still persist?". What the hell is such a "support" good for? It is pretty much like non-existent...

So I take it from the title of this thread that your multiplayer is broken, but you say you cannot use DCS World at all? So it't not just multiplayer, care to explain in more detail?

It is everything pretty much explained in the link I provided. I do not see any reason to repeat everything once more...

How should I stay calm???

Start by not swearing in every 2nd sentence. It doesn't help your cause in any way.

Official (ehm, ehm, so called) "support"? I already reported tickets 5 or 6 times with the same "results": I waited 2-3 month, then made loud complaints here, and finally someone answered my problem here.

The support queue used to be quite long but the problem has since been remedied and response times should be back to a matter of hours on workdays.

If a ticket exists regarding this issue, please forward me the ticket number.

Edit: Could you also please attach some logs from the latest version? This ensures that the devs aren't looking at a possibly already fixed issue in case this is a new one.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Logs are THE SAME as with beta-version with the only suspicious entry:

00009.584 ERROR NET: Can't connect to Master: SSL connect error

00009.584 ERROR NET: Master login : 503

00012.403 INFO NET: client has stopped

I just want to point out that everything worked without any problem with 1.2.7...

Logs.zip

I have the same issues right now. A few days ago I could log on and fly with the server. Now it does not work anymore. 'Can't connect to master...'. Trying to find out what is the problem, because the community is not helping you.

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

OK, it is all again here. I reported it for 1.2.8-beta, but no one from ED reacted, so now with update to 1.2.8 I CAN NOT USE DCS:WORLD AT ALL!!! WTF is this, ED? What did I pay for???

Are you running bit defender?

Sven

[/TABLE]

Are you running bit defender?

I suppose I'm not running it because I do not even know wtf "bit defender" is. But I know with 1.2.7 I did not have this problem. It all started with 1.2.8-beta. It is quite clear it has something to do with this particular version, not with my configuration...

The error situation has been resolved on my pc...

What i did this morning is the following to try to resolve this error (cannot connect to master).

1. I logged-off from the DCS Multi-player.

2. I started the normal DCS program, and started the module manager. I tried to log in from there. (That didn't work either).

3. I rebooted.

4. I put DCS.EXE out of the firewall services of my virus scanner. (you can configure this in your firewall manager).

5. I restarted DCS multiplayer.

6. confirmed my userid and password, and the login was ok. No connect to master error anymore.

ohhh. and i also tried something else:

1. open a CMD prompt from the start menu.

2. type in the prompt: ipconfig /flushdns

It must be something with your firewall or virus scanner. Ensure you exclude the DCS.EXE from the firewall service, reboot, and retry logging into DCS world. If it works, you owe the community a :beer:...

And pls try to stay calm indeed, there is no need to start spamming this forum. We can solve this problem, i am sure.

If you cannot resolve with the above, what virus scanner and firewall do you have?

Sven

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

this is not the solution if you read other posts we are testing this solutions with no results, we are angry cause the response of the community is faster than the ED stuff, nothing more, the problem is that with 1.2.8 version our user and pass is out of database or something like that and my ticket is waiting response for one and half week without solution. "invalid user and pass" error is not a connection error is an authentification error, cause for receive this message we are connected to the server, and in my case I did ping an trace server IP without any problem, if works for you congratulations but is not our solution.

yes this is the error on module manager, and on master server is "can´t connect to master server"

Exclude DCS full directory from antivirus and firewall, and nothing, deactivate all antivirus and firewall and nothing, I´ll repeat with this exact configuration version 1.2.7 works fine, without any issues for months, start to fail on openbeta 1.2.8, I did running 1.2.7 well and 1.2.8 openbeta with errors at the same time, but when upgrade to 1.2.8 final I´m landed since then, can´t fly online, on master server the error is "can´t connect to master server" and on module manager is "invalid user and pass"

Edited by ECV56_FOXONE

ok, so it is the same error that i got this morning... indeed, when you are in module manager, it says that your user id and password are wrong.

can you pls answer my questions:

1. are you running a virus scanner. if yes, what software.

2. are you running a firewall. if yes, what software.

pls do the actions i described above. these solved for me the issue. I got this error many times, even during beta testing, and ALWAYS when a new update was released by ED.

Sven

[/TABLE]

ESET smart security, firewall and antivirus program, the same that was using with 1.2.7 version without issues, but I´d tried without this (remove files from windows start programs and run without antivirus program) and can´t connect neither.

try this (something i ALSO did...)

go to www.digitalcombatsimulator.com

type in your userid and password there.

If you can login with your userid and password, it should work on your machine. Maybe try a reset.

BELIEVE ME, i did the same when i got this error the first time.

Then i still could not log into the server.

Went to the module manager. And FINALLY, i could log into the module manager.

Then i went onto the server, and then i was online.

retry.

Sven

[/TABLE]

thinking about that other guy with the issue... makes me wonder if you JUST load DCSW without any paid for modules installed, whether or not you have the same problem.

Also, maybe try unregistering your serial numbers, and re-registering them.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

if that is not going to work, we are going to try a version repair with version backwards installation (back to 1.2.7)...

[/TABLE]