Can't connect to Master.

Rhinox

I am unable to connect as well and receive the same error message "Cant connect to master server" I have submitted a ticket (Ticket number 33477) and haven't been able to resolve the issue

So far I have:

Uninstalled my virus protection

Uninstalled my anti-malware

Turned off windows firewall

Uninstalled DCS world, reinstalled

I have flushed DNS using CMD

I Have went into internet explorer and unchecked "use SSL 1.2"

I have forwarded the correct ports, i have also tried connecting the modem directly to the PC by passing the router.

I created an account on the DCSworld main page and can log in on there.

00005.480 ERROR   DXGUI_EDGE_RENDER: Cannot load texture ''
00005.537 INFO    EDCORE: (dDispatcher)enterToState_:2
00005.632 INFO    DXRENDERER: Creating Resource "Unicode" of type 5
00005.725 WARNING LOG: 4 duplicate message(s) skipped.
00005.725 INFO    NET: client has started
00005.728 INFO    EDCORE: (dDispatcher)enterToState_:4
00024.369 ERROR   NET: Can't connect to Master: SSL connect error
00024.369 ERROR   NET: Master login : 503
00026.676 INFO    NET: client has stopped

I really do not understand whats going on :( I would love to play and learn to fly with a friend.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Login problem resolved

The error situation has been resolved on my pc...

What i did this morning is the following to try to resolve this error (cannot connect to master).

1. I logged-off from the DCS Multi-player.

2. I started the normal DCS program, and started the module manager. I tried to log in from there. (That didn't work either).

3. I rebooted.

4. I put DCS.EXE out of the firewall services of my virus scanner. (you can configure this in your firewall manager).

5. I restarted DCS multiplayer.

6. confirmed my userid and password, and the login was ok. No connect to master error anymore.

ohhh. and i also tried something else:

1. open a CMD prompt from the start menu.

2. type in the prompt: ipconfig /flushdns

It must be something with your firewall or virus scanner. Ensure you exclude the DCS.EXE from the firewall service, reboot, and retry logging into DCS world. If it works, you owe the community a :beer:...

And pls try to stay calm indeed, there is no need to start spamming this forum. We can solve this problem, i am sure.

If you cannot resolve with the above, what virus scanner and firewall do you have?

Sven

Very helpful! Thanks.

fixed it for me. I think the flushdns was the key point for me.

I was unable to login to module manager or the multiplayer. It kept saying my user name or password was incorrect.

ED suggested delete a file:

C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\cookie.txt

if the first way does not help you

delete this file and after try again

C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS\Config\network.vault

But that didn't work. I then tried Sven's advice and problem solved.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Very helpful! Thanks.

fixed it for me. I think the flushdns was the key point for me.

I was unable to login to module manager or the multiplayer. It kept saying my user name or password was incorrect.

ED suggested delete a file:

C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\cookie.txt

if the first way does not help you

delete this file and after try again

C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS\Config\network.vault

But that didn't work. I then tried Sven's advice and problem solved.

Still nothing.

I was getting the same issues. Cannot logon to Master. And I could not log into the Module Manager (Incorrect Login).

I did a Repair and that fixed it!

I think the problem is that I did not un-install my mods before the Update. (I WISH it would remind me to un-install them! Just a simple message would be helpful.) So, I had uninstalled some mods a few days ago, and JSGME had 'restored' it's backup of the original files. Which may have been out of date for this new version. So, a Repair put the correct files back in I am guessing.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

• 4 weeks later...

So... I've owned DCS World for over 2 years now and have never been able to connect online. I was okay with this for about a year and 2 months because hell, it was free. About 8 months ago, I decided to purchase a module for a friend and I but realized that the online service still doesn't work. I looked relentlessly for weeks to resolve my issue; ranging from Uninstalling DCS, Uninstalling Steam, Shutting off my Antivirus(AVG), disabling my windows firewall, opening ports on my router, Flushing my DNS, deleting those network configuration files, sending my logs to ED support, disabling protective features on my router...

I don't know what else to try anymore, so I've decided to air my issue to the community. I thought I could independently resolve the issue, however, I faced a quite rude awakening looking at how long and hard I've tried to fix this.

Any help is appreciated.

Also, things that can be ruled out due to plain obviousness if the former paragraph was read.

Rebooting my PC

Rebooting My Modem/Router

Ticket With ED(They don't handle network issues)

Information that I think is relevant:

Turned off TSL 1.2(even though I've had no problems connecting to their website or mod manager on DCS[i think thats mod manager])

Windows 8.1 Pro

Game Version: 1.2.10.32275

Antivirus(AVG Free)

Router: Linksys, Model #:WRT54G

Ports attempted to be opened: 10308/5222{Perhaps I didn't open them correctly, although i've been trying for months}

http://gyazo.com/fdb8c26670402cd39e2da1fe12bfe0bf

Thank you for your time.

(Apologies in advance if this isn't the place to post an issue like this)

Edited by ValleyOfSolace

Pain Demands To Be Felt

I regularly also get "cannot connect to master" messages since ed changed the authentication method. I have bitdefender. When I get the error I ensure that I disable the firewall for dcs.exe. After that I reboot and sometimes it works. Sometimes it does not... Ed will deny in all colours that the issue is with them. There are tons of posts on this topic on the forum, but none of the posts are clear how the issue was resolved for those who did.

Edited by FlightControl

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

I also have BitDefender. With a good install you just need to add DCS.exe to the BD Firewall exclusions list...

After an update a few weeks ago started getting the Cannot connect to Master msg. I finally realized that I had installed the update while I had my mods enabled. Disabling the mods didn't help because JSGME restores it's backup files when you disabled a mod, so those files were old (from before the update).

So I did a DCS World Restore and that fixed it. I tested it with BD Firewall disabled and it worked. So I added DCS.exe to the BD Firewall exclusions, and it still works..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

I simply want to play online for once. I've owned this game for so long and have practiced for hours. I even bought a joystick for this game!

I hope one of the ED personnel notice my issue and assist in absolving it or perhaps someone else who has helped alleviate an issue like mine.

Should I try re installing the entire game again, but with AVG and my firewall turned off?

Edited by ValleyOfSolace

Pain Demands To Be Felt

@Buzzles

I suppose at one point ill attempt to connect directly to the modem but at the moment my desktop is quite large.

Ill try to purchase a large Ethernet cable soon to attempt a direct connection.

Any other suggestions?

Also, is this helpful?

http://gyazo.com/fdb8c26670402cd39e2da1fe12bfe0bf <<< photo of my logs

Edited by ValleyOfSolace

Pain Demands To Be Felt

• 3 months later...

Hi All.

For those of you struggling with the could not connect to master issue, I've been battling with this one for the last 10 days. From Format, to port forward, to calls to my ISP, to removing firewalls and antiviruses.

I might have a solution.

Someone on one of the forums posted something about the time on your pc being wrong. I tried syncing my time in windows with online time but it didn't work, untill........

On the DCS website:

Click Personal Section;

Under the "Auto Time Zone"drop down box, select the "Yes, use browser settings"

This fixed my headache. I hope it works for you all. Report back if it does.

Kindest Regards

Phr33Dumb

• Like 2

Hi All.

For those of you struggling with the could not connect to master issue, I've been battling with this one for the last 10 days. From Format, to port forward, to calls to my ISP, to removing firewalls and antiviruses.

I might have a solution.

Someone on one of the forums posted something about the time on your pc being wrong. I tried syncing my time in windows with online time but it didn't work, untill........

On the DCS website:

Click Personal Section;

Under the "Auto Time Zone"drop down box, select the "Yes, use browser settings"

This fixed my headache. I hope it works for you all. Report back if it does.

Kindest Regards

Phr33Dumb

Excellent work mate!! +1

Personally I have not had a problem but sounds like your onto something :thumbup:

I had this problem again a few days ago. I had all the .exes as exceptions in both my av and firewall. (I have Bitdefender) The firewall has 4 network types. Home, Trusted, Public, and Untrusted. I had them all checked. After I unchecked Untrusted it fixed it. I'm not really sure which ones should be checked?

Today I just checked.. And the launcher.exe is not in the firewall exceptions. I have to re-add it again..

And it's still not working again..

Edited by Snacko

Wow! I just tried phr33dumb's tip and still could not connect to master.

So, I deleted all of my DCS Firewall Rules for the DCS .exes that I had added. And now it works! This is so flaky that I am not sure yet if changing the website time to browser fixed it. Because I tweaked my firewall last week and that seemed to fix it too. But it worked today. Thx.

• 1 month later...

This should work, I tried everything under the sun from taking down fire walls to uninstalling anti virus programs. Try this and I hope it works for you!

Step 1. Click the start button

Step 2. Type CMD into run

Step 3. Right click on CMD and run as ADMIN

Step 4. Once the CMD screen is up type in netsh winsock reset

Step 5. Press ENTER and reset computer

• 4 months later...
This should work, I tried everything under the sun from taking down fire walls to uninstalling anti virus programs. Try this and I hope it works for you!

Step 1. Click the start button

Step 2. Type CMD into run

Step 3. Right click on CMD and run as ADMIN

Step 4. Once the CMD screen is up type in netsh winsock reset

Step 5. Press ENTER and reset computer

This works for me! Thanks so much bro!:thumbup:

Message deleted in 3,2,1 ....:thumbup:

It has been working better lately for me. But when it doesn't I just have to turn off my AV or firewall for a second for it to connect.