AI wingman will not attack "my target"

Nickentik

I have a problem with the a10 wingman ai (a10a Flaming cliffs): they don't attack my target when ordered to. infact my pilot doesn't even say the command.

In instand action i target one of the hostiles with a MAV and order the wingman to attack my target. Nothing. Then i give an attack ground order and he immediatly begins to spam missiles. Do i miss anything here ? Its not working in the campaing games either

So there is no way for me to sent my wingman after specific targets in the A10 campaign ? That sucks a little :(
Maybe a little. In a way, it's more realistic. In real life A-10As, there are no datalinks so there is no way to send the target you are looking at on your Mav screen over to a wingman. It would all have to be verbally communicated.

That being said, you can use the visual recon mode (enabled with right mouse button) to click on targets outside your cockpit. It's not smart enough though to know that your clicking on your Mav screen. Also, doesn't seem to work well when TrackIR is enabled.

So, what I do is task my wingmen with certain target types while I go after other target types. For example, tell your wingman to go after air defence while you attack tanks.

Fair enough. Thanks for checking it out and the advice. Now I know its not an error with my install.

That error has been fixed in DCS World. One would assume the next update to FC3 should have the same script corrected. Or should that be a (?) instead.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

That error has been fixed in DCS World. One would assume the next update to FC3 should have the same script corrected. Or should that be a (?) instead.
In which aircraft does it work where you can target something with your Mav or targetting camera and have your wingman attack it?

I remember it being possible with the ka50 schkval. But that was way back when Black Shark was still standalone. I'm starting from zero after a couple of years so thats why i'm now doing the flaming cliffs stuff first :p

So I assume this is a bug ? Is ED aware of it ? are there plans to fix it ? If so I'l just put this campaign on hold. The only thing that works with the wingmen now is "attack ground". The wingman turns this in "attack AA" which would be fine if he hit the IR missile trucks right in front of him. However he goes for the S11 missile site 15 miles north and gets promptly shot apart.

edit: su25 is not working either. Certainly this is a serious bug right ? wingmen are completely useless now

Edited by Nickentik

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that while it may not be a bug real pilots can communicate target positions over radio and direct their wingman to attack these targets whereas in the A10a,Su25,Su25t we have no ability to direct our wingman rendering them useless in alot of situations.

I find "The Valley" campaign for the A10a really suffers for this.

• 1 month later...

I played The Valley campaign in 1.2.8. When I locked the target with a bomb instead of a missile, the wingman sometimes can engage my target, but not always. Not so sure if it was related to the task I assigned in mission planner. When I said "cover me", he goes SEAD as normal. Other commands for engaging didn't work at all. It seems that in the instant mission the wingman works normally.

Now it's 1.2.9. My A-10A became virtually unplayable. The game crashes all the time when RWR receives a mud spike.

Edited by vegue

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

And another update : as of version 1.2.12 still not fixed. I did a full reinstall.

curiously the su-25t does not have this problem. I can say the actual command with a target in the shkval and the wingman responds.

With the A10A my pilot does not even say the command. Without wingman targeting i cannot finish any of the FC3 campaigns.

• 1 month later...

I found a way to do it in the A10-A : if you target something with the dashed circle in CCRP bombing mode you can issue the command ! Kinda counter intuitive as it doesn't work with the maverick.

I have not found a way to replicate this in the SU25 however...