time of flight flak news

Stonehouse

• 1 month later...

hi guys,

........can the flak3_2 and Mist3_4 be used with jsgme?

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

Hi Twilight,

There's no need to use jsgme with the scripts because they end up embedded in the mission file so there is always a copy of the scripts needed for the mission. The .miz file is actually like a zip file containing everything for the mission. If you get something like the 7Zip tool you can open them up yourself.

So really all you need is a central location for your scripts and when you build a mission you do things like a DO SCRIPT FILE action on a trigger and you get a standard windows file browser that lets you navigate to your script folder and pick the one you want.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Hi Twilight,

There's no need to use jsgme with the scripts because they end up embedded in the mission file so there is always a copy of the scripts needed for the mission. The .miz file is actually like a zip file containing everything for the mission. If you get something like the 7Zip tool you can open them up yourself.

So really all you need is a central location for your scripts and when you build a mission you do things like a DO SCRIPT FILE action on a trigger and you get a standard windows file browser that lets you navigate to your script folder and pick the one you want.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

........thank you......already used 7zip to open the flak and mist to lua. files.....the mission miz. file i have opened too( mission, warehouse, options inside). i have notepad++ to open those up further. just not sure exactly what to do next:dunno: is there a walk through somewhere in the forum for the next steps?.....thanks in advance

Edited by TwilightZone

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

• 2 months later...

Just an FYI that I'm getting reports from people that the latest version of Mist - I am assuming 3.6.43 - causes the flak script to stop working. I haven't had time to investigate and report back to Grimes what issues there are but in the meantime and until further notice please use Mist 3.5.37 if you wish to use the flak script in a mission.

UPDATE: Further testing with 3.6.43 indicates that the flak script works fine with this version

UPDATE2: There were some other bugs with 3.6.43 and these are now resolved with 3.6.44 and therefore 3.6.44 is now the recommended version for use with the flak script.

Edited by Stonehouse

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

No unfortunately the explosion is only available via the trigger.action.explosion. I would have liked the explosion effect to scale with strength but that sort of thing isn't available in DCS as far as I know. So regardless of how strong or weak the explosion is I believe it looks the same although it does have a bigger kill zone I think from memory.

Possibly someone could mod the explosion that is generated to have a different look but doing so might also affect other things. I used to place light AAA in the zones to simulate the lighter rapid fire stuff so when the action went lower you'd get the explosions from the heavy AAA and also the tracer. Up past about 2 or 3000m the light rapid fire AAA won't reach anyway.

• 1 year later...

Questions on use of simple Flak Fill script. I understand I need to trigger the Flak script file in ME.

1. Must script include the code section for Flak Manager?

2. Must I also include a -- do fill('redflak1') end -- trigger action for MAIN flak zone, as well as the smaller supplementary zones?

3. Must I include in the flak script file a -- function fill(_parm1) -- section for EACH of the "smaller" zones, as well as the main zone?

Example script attached.