Help

helopilot59

Newbie here just picked this up the other day. Have the A-10A mod, and was wondering are these cockpits clickable? I have seen videos and they were clicking switches instead of keys. I was hoping this was going to outdo Falcon 4.0, but so far it seems really buggy. Thanks for any assistance you can give me.

The A-10A does not have a clickable cockpit. The videos you have seen were probably made with the A-10C which does have a clickable cockpit.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Newbie here just picked this up the other day. Have the A-10A mod, and was wondering are these cockpits clickable? I have seen videos and they were clicking switches instead of keys. I was hoping this was going to outdo Falcon 4.0, but so far it seems really buggy. Thanks for any assistance you can give me.

A bit early with the opinion don't U think?

U need to learn the Sim. and all of its intricacies before U decide. Purchasing it one day then deciding a "Study Sim" isn't good is a bit sophomoric.

It is better than F4 n every way. That is the opinion of the independent reviewers not just me.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Its an opinion lighten up. I have been flying different sims since 1990. I have watched this progress before I got it. I had thought it was farther along then it appears to be. I think this will be state of the art sim in the future. Just saying that I thought it was farther along than it was. I never said it was a bad sim, just a little buggy which is backed up by the number of posts I've seen concerning issues. I'm sure it will work out. If my opinion offends you sorry, wasn't meant to.

Its an opinion lighten up. I have been flying different sims since 1990. I have watched this progress before I got it. I had thought it was farther along then it appears to be. I think this will be state of the art sim in the future. Just saying that I thought it was farther along than it was. I never said it was a bad sim, just a little buggy which is backed up by the number of posts I've seen concerning issues. I'm sure it will work out. If my opinion offends you sorry, wasn't meant to.

Well, it seems as if your opinion, as you call it, is based on the wrong assumptions. It looks to me at least this way when you compare your expectations with the wrong product and then call it "not as evolved as expected" and "buggy".

Everyone just stop :)

heliopilot I think you are flying the wrong version of the A10. The latest updated version of the A10A which is in flying cliffs 3, does not and never will have a clickable cockpit. What it does have is an advanced FM with full 6dof.

If you are looking for the clickable cockpit, all singing, all dancing version then you need to buy the separate A-10C module that integrates into DCS World.

If it is the A10A you wanted originally, what bugs are you experiencing as I haven't found any!

“Any pilot should be flying the spitfire, at least once.” – John S. Blyth

A bit early with the opinion don't U think?

U need to learn the Sim. and all of its intricacies before U decide. Purchasing it one day then deciding a "Study Sim" isn't good is a bit sophomoric.

It is better than F4 n every way. That is the opinion of the independent reviewers not just me.

He's not wrong you know. The sim is buggy and sadly still running on DX9. I've been a fan of the ED sims since LoMac. I have seen some of the same issues get transferred forward, and ask myself why is this STILL happening. While I wasn't (still not) a big of A-G, I was excited when they were talking about moving to DX11, back before release of the A-10C. I would have bought the A-10C day one if some DX9 api related crap wasn't going to follow the sim. Instead I picked it up much later, on sale, and solely as a precursor to to the F-18C. I still more or less love the potential of DCS. It doesn't take a wealth of time to run into some of the apparent current flaws in the sim now. I accept them for what they are as I see progress is being made, but seemingly have to attach a disclaimer to any conversation with friends about them picking it up.