Question on sams

KrizzKaliko

So A guy in my squad says that you cannot control radar SAMS however in this video you can clearly see this guy using it. So two questions, how do you activate the third person mode. and how do you add these units, since "my pro mission maker friend believes this is not possible"?

Thrd person mode is insert by default i think, but its largely useless.

Yes you can control the radar sams, but only the mobile vehicles like the Tor, tunguska, roland, ect, and not BUKs, Patriots and such (though you cant tell them to turn their radars on and off).

Check the ingame controls.

You get into them the same way you would into a tank for example, via F10, select it and use the button at the top left (little tank symbol).

Sorry I am not using CA very much, you should look into your controls, there is a button for that. Note that not all SAM's are usable via the first/third person view.

On a sidenote: Just went and checked the manual and it looks like it's not updated for the 'new' SAM features. (They were just added a few patches back)

edit: Ooops, too late. Insert it was! :D I found the 3rd person view was way better in urban/cluttered regions and while going up a hill to get a feel where you are and what you might bump into.

edit2: From the manual; "Most ground units are selectable to be occupied, but a few are not. These include:

SAM sites that are comprised of multiple radars and launchers.

Radar sites

Man Portable Air Defense Systems (MANPADS)

Infantry units

Utility and transport units"

Edited by ApoNOOB

I've had CA for quite a while and only ever tooled around in tanks a few times.

Just played with the Tunguska and Tor and it was surprisingly fun blowing planes out of the sky. :thumbup:

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

So you are saying The us has nothing CA capable like the russians?

Not that's playable, the closest blue one I think is the Roland from Germany.

The SA-10's, 11's, Patriot, etc are not playable, only the stand alone ones. When you select one in the mission editor if you can check "Player can drive", then you can use it.

Look in the options setup for ground units and the commands are pretty straight forward. Target lock, unlock, driving commands, turret commands etc...

The radar is turned on/off with the I key, High Voltage/Emission Toggle.

Here's a quick mission, 2 Rolands defending against 4 inbound 25T's. You can change the units in the mission editor to different aircraft and sam units to play around.

The vehicles are pointed in the general direction of the attack at the beginning.

CA_Test.miz

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Thank you:)

No problem, like I said earlier, never messed with it but spent a few hours tonight checking out the different units.

Eye opening in a way.

The Russian sams are incredible, could shoot down pretty much anything I threw at myself in them. The US ones seemed significantly weaker by comparison. And the Russian chaff and flares seemed almost magical.

comparison. And the Russian chaff and flares seemed almost magical.

All chaff and flare is magical, its just that players in russian planes have a lot of it, so you spam spam spam.