Nightvision Mod :)

Qosmius

The functionality is already there. You just need to add the correct lines to the controller file to access it. I knew how to do it in the past, but since they changed the controller file structure I have not gone back to look at it.

Look at the controller file for an aircraft that does have NVG to see what they look like. How to put them into the "diff" file I don't know.

If you add the lines to the default file it will likely work, but the lines will get wiped when you patch. Just make sure the keyboard commands you use are not already in use.

I haven't been able to get it working with the fighters, but it works with the A-10A and Su-25T (and used to work with the Su-25).

With the diff.lua files added in 1.2.8, AFAIK you need to change the controller master lua files now to add the functionality. Even if you don't have a Cougar, check out my profile in my signature. In there is a folder called "_Custom LUAs for DCS World Main Install"; the Su-25T, A-10A and Su-25 have NVG commands enabled (though currently it only works with the 25T and A-10A). Each archive in that folder is set for use with JSGME.

EDIT: Here are the entries if you want to manually add it to your default.lua file (in keyboard or joystick folders):

{down = iCommandViewNightVisionGogglesOn, name = "Toggle goggles", category = "Sensors"},
{pressed = iCommandPlane_Helmet_Brightess_Down, name = "Gain goggles down", category = "Sensors"},
{pressed = iCommandPlane_Helmet_Brightess_Up, name = "Gain goggles up", category = "Sensors"},

and here's what I used to have for the keyboard lua file (before diff.lua files):

{combos = {{key = "H", reformers = {"RWin"}}}, down = iCommandViewNightVisionGogglesOn, name = "Toggle goggles", category = "Sensors"},
{combos = {{key = "H", reformers = {"RAlt", "RWin"}}}, pressed = iCommandPlane_Helmet_Brightess_Down, name = "Gain goggles down", category = "Sensors"},
{combos = {{key = "H", reformers = {"RCtrl", "RWin"}}}, pressed = iCommandPlane_Helmet_Brightess_Up, name = "Gain goggles up", category = "Sensors"},

Edited by Home Fries

• 9 years later...
On 9/10/2014 at 6:15 PM, Qosmius said:

uhm, i have no clues about how to do that.. do you think you could do it for me and post here? it would be of a great help to a newbie

"I want this but don't know how to do it and can't be bothered to learn how. You do it for me and do it for free because I'm definitely not paying anyone for their time and effort" 

That's how I see posts like this. Stop being lazy freeloaders and learn how to do what you want. You'll be a lot better off and have a new skill.