New to the Mustang.......Loving It!!!

Boomer20

So I just bought the Mustang last Sunday.I really love the feel of the Mustang, it is amazing and a testament to what WWII pilots had to go through to keep this birds airborne and flying straight.

So today was the 3 time I attempted the 51 vs 190 Instant action mission and after 36 minutes and riddling the 190 with bullet holes. I scored the final death blow taking out the guys left wing. :D

I have been playing flight sims since I was six (15 years ago) and I have to say this was the longest, funnest, most challenging dogfight I have ever experienced. I have never felt that satisfied to achieve a kill in a flight sim before.

I send a million thanks to ED for this awesome simulator (Both Mustang and all the other modules/World) and I hope there are many more year of enjoyment from this game. :thumbup:

Boomer20

• Like 1

Thanks Tuco.

I have to admit though, I have been playing DCS for two years now. (I just got the P-51, sorry for the confusion) I got the A-10C Box by chance looking around one of my local game stores, but it wasn't a year later that after getting sick of the why tanks could tear the A-10 to pieces i looked for an update and found DCS World.

The A-10 has been my favourite for a while (with the Ka-50 close second) but I can see myself loving the P-51 just cause its a whole different ballgame.

As for getting online I think I will learn to start up procedure before I be a turkey :P

Although I love modern aircraft I have in DCS a lot as well, when it comes to flying and dogifgting, these old warbirds are always much more enjoyable for me :). They are just a joy to fly. I like all my modules in DCS, but Mustang and Dora, and soon Bf-109, have a special place among them :).

Though, they also are the hardest things to land in DCS :)

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Hey Boomer, I'm in a similar situation. I've been in DCS for a little while now but just picked up the P-51 very recently. What a challenge! So far, I've only successfully taken off 3 or 4 times out of... well... I won't embarass myself by guessing how many times I've tried in total. Landing has been even less successful for me - although I will proudly admit that I landed on the grass one time after taking some damage in a dogfight. It must have been the adrenaline that allowed me to do that! Flying this plane is a very different experience from anything else I've flown in DCS, and I'm excited to learn more and get better at taming it.

The P-51 is superb! I think most of the people who complain about WW2 stuff on this forum have clearly not tried it out. The only frustration for me is the AI opponents in those quick missions that just keep on flying no matter how many bullets you pour into them. The Pony itself is excellent. The only change I'd like to see at some point is better sounds.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

She's a hard plane to master but rewarding when you start to get the hang of her. I must of spent a couple of hours on the weekend practicing rocket and bombing techniques. It feels pretty good when you can plant a 500 lb bomb squarely on a little truck. Still, luck has something to do with it too.