Upgraded PIT for FC3 (and other sims)

After my 24" touchscreen monitor used for Helios bit the dust I decided to upgrade my pit using real push buttons and second 19" monitor. I also devised a button template system so I can quickly change all the labels for any particular sim I want to play. I trimmed down my Helios profile for FC3 to display just the gauges.

I am now in the process of turning my attention on making up the button templates and HOTAS configuration for FC3. I figured I would focus on the F-15 right now. Being new to DCS FC3 if anyone has any suggestions for which key binds are the most important and a HOTAS layout for the Warthog I would appreciate hearing what you have to say (I really do like to get other peoples ideas while making my decisions).

Here is the pit running DCS FC3 F15 while using Helios to extract a number of gauges to a second monitor.

15409690197_36f05dcb25_c.jpg

Very nice! I'll be building something similar and using Helios too.

New Rig: Win 7 Home, EVGA x99 Classified, i7-5820K, ZOTAC GTX 980 Amp! Omega, 16GB 2600MHz Corsair Quad Channel RAM, Sandisk Extreme Pro 490 GB SSD, EVGA Supernova 850 G2 PS : Hotas Cougar, CH Fighter Stick, Pro Pedals, Cougar MFD's, CH Throttle Quadrant

Looks like a really neat set up and very immersive. I too have tried to have templates to change from one plane to another. However I use a Saitek switch panel and Thrustmaster MFDs.

Well done and thanks for sharing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TrubshawRN -=SHREK 94=-

Cool. I did not know you could export IL2 instruments.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I redid my 19" monitor to display the gauges as well as the radar. So far no one seems to have exported the RWR to a second monitor for the F-15C

Also thanks to a tip from LiveBait I was able to put back my HOTAS popup help screen on the 19" monitor.

15102857923_5621a5b7b9_c.jpg

15537402770_26b62dcafa_c.jpg

Edited by OverDhill

OverDhill

Nice job. Would you consider sharing the code for the second screen. I have so far only been able to assign the radar to a second screen. Thanks.

Sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Well the kneeboard can be positioned and sized by

Edit this file: Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHandling.lua

Edit these lines (about line 29-30) to move and resize the kneeboard. H

-- ----- MOVE & RESIZE THE KNEEBOARD ----------------------------------------------------------------

-- ORIGINAL CODE: dedicated_viewport = {default_x,default_y,default_width,default_height}

dedicated_viewport = {1342,10,562,750}

As for the gauges they are from Helios and I have shared those with the zip file I attached earlier. You will have to move things around to fit your monitor setup.

Well since I don't use a touchscreen monitor anymore for the second screen I still can do popup panels for other help screens by using a game controllers button after assigning the controller to monitor 2 in Helios and use toggle hidden when a button is pressed.

If you wouldn't mind, please post your Helios profile and TM WH profile for the F15.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Well I had posted the Helios profile already in this thread. Here is a later one with the gauges moved around making room for the radar. The radar is exported from DCS using the TwoMonitorConfig.lua file.

Also included is the Export.lua script that was done by Loophole.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=97222&highlight=SendData

As for the Thrustmaser I do not use Target so don't have a profile for it. I use Xpadder for all button assignments and the Axises are directly bound in DCS.

Fixed zip

fc2-helios.zip

Edited by OverDhill

file not working

Your text file on how to run Helios for FC3 would not load. thanks for the profile.

Not sure what happened. Here is what was in the text file. It is not a tutorial on Helios. There are Youtube videos to help with Helios.

Run a second monitor in extended mode at 1024X768 resolution as shown in JPG screenshot

get Helios at http://www.gadrocsworkshop.com/ and install

drop the files in the Profile folder to <your user folder>\My Documents\Helios\Profiles

Drop the Export.lua file into <your user folder>\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

Run Helios Control Center and choose the fc3-gauges profile

Run FC3 and the gauges should be updating

• 1 month later...

Well DCS had another sale so I picked up A-10

They were not kidding with the high learning curve but hey got to keep the old brain working in my old age.

I have my second monitor working with exported instruments and Helios gauges. It will take awhile to decide which functions to assign to the button panels.

15594227663_65fe6f4cc9_c.jpg

16209557742_046b45158e_c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...