Targeting Pods A-10A

terence44

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think the version modeled relied more on Pave Penny TILS.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 1 month later...
The TGP Pods can be added A-10A?

I don't think it is possible to use a TGP with the A-10a modeled...you can always do what was done in real life. Hang a couple of Mavericks and use them as Poor Mans TGPs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• 9 months later...

A10A Pods

First, whydaf*ck Pave Penny isn't functional??? It provides much better visualization than the poor Mav's CCDs... Second, why didn't someone just created a mod to make it work? I mean, there's a A10C completely functional, steal some techs from there and provide it to A10A, but instead of use a TGP pod in the wings use camera source from pave penny, because all the A10 still uses PP. Even the A10C still remain it's PP systems. Man it's freaking hard to have to keeping looking outside plane to find target even for the engine graphic leak. I'm already flew to find targets in the field and isn't that hard to find a tank even if you're flying over 10000' feets, and in the sim sometimes you have to touch the front anthena in the ground to see something... And the SU25T??? Man that plane is a ground killer and should be able to fly like this...

Who cares...

First, whydaf*ck Pave Penny isn't functional??? It provides much better visualization than the poor Mav's CCDs...

I'm trying to understand what your saying here. Pave Penny system does not have a camera, it simply could find a coded laser spot and placed a "SOI" in the HUD. So without an external laser source, in a clear day, it was useless. With the Maverick (depending on the version of course) you could have a zoom image to help you see and identify targets.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Yeah, but it would be nice for an A-10C or JTAC to buddy lase a target and throw some GBUs down the pipe using the Pave-Penny system, otherwise the A-10A here is just a rugged dummy-bomb truck

Woulda been phenomenal last night. Instead, walking a 10A in on an airfield littered with AAA, Shilkas and ZSUs had to be done - and that ended up in a "phenomenal" explosion above the field.

Goon

ASUS ROG Maximus VII |Intel i7-7700K@ 4.80Mhz|CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 @ 3000 |GTX 1080 Ti | Windows10-64bit| 3x24" Samsung 1080p| 1x 28" Samsung 4k| Thrustmaster Warthog| Saitek Rudder pedals| TrackIR 5 | Samsung Odyssey

Woulda been phenomenal last night. Instead, walking a 10A in on an airfield littered with AAA, Shilkas and ZSUs had to be done - and that ended up in a "phenomenal" explosion above the field.

Sure woulda been! I see in another thread that you can designate a target with your laser and I should be able to see it as a diamond in my HUD. Might want to do some testing with that. If nothing else, might be able to put some -65Es on the -A and beam-ride those into target.

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

Sure woulda been! I see in another thread that you can designate a target with your laser and I should be able to see it as a diamond in my HUD. Might want to do some testing with that. If nothing else, might be able to put some -65Es on the -A and beam-ride those into target.

Oh? I thought that was only done with a pave penny, which the 10A in game lacks.

Goon

ASUS ROG Maximus VII |Intel i7-7700K@ 4.80Mhz|CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 @ 3000 |GTX 1080 Ti | Windows10-64bit| 3x24" Samsung 1080p| 1x 28" Samsung 4k| Thrustmaster Warthog| Saitek Rudder pedals| TrackIR 5 | Samsung Odyssey