Bf-109K4 Mk108 tracer mod

ok according to some videos it seems plausible that the 109 Mk108 cannon would carry tracer loadouts...so i adjusted one file and made a little mod..it helps to learn to aim with the 109 cannons for sure, and maybe its even realistic.

according to JST here are some "evidence" videos showing the Mk108 cannon with tracers:

ZmviE3T.gif

and:

mYeP8PR.gif

so here is the mod, its jsgme ready. otherwise just put the Weapons.lua file into the following directory:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\CoreMods\WWII Units

here is the mod, hope you enjoy it:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2262732&postcount=9

EDIT: new version, with real tracer loadout:

tracers.zip

Edited by 9./JG27 DavidRed
  • Like 1

Excellent, I can assume ACG server doesn't complain about this?

Also, it is possible to have every 3rd round a tracer, like the .lua file suggests?

E: I'm not sure if these are all used, maybe the ingame loadout is MGsch/HEI?

MGsch, MGsch_T and HEI

My skins/liveries for Fw 190 D-9 and Bf 109 K-4:

My blog or Forums.

Open for requests as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

no problem on the acg server.i checked so you can use it. i have to take a closer look at the file and how to make it only every 3rd round to be a tracer...other than that, i dont want to adjust the loadout itself as i would consider that as a cheat...so i wont touch them.but i will take a look and see how i can make it less tracer :)

great !

thanks !

Can you do a mod for set ammunition load and convergence too ? :lol: :music_whistling:

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

well i had again a look at the files to see whether i can make only every third round beeing a tracer...

i noticed, that the devs already implemented a tracer round, but then decided either by mistake or on purpose to just not use the tracer shell in the loadout.

right now the 109 only uses two different shell types.

see here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=136068

new version in the first post...i think that should be official and not a mod...yet my "bug report" is beeing ignored though.

Edited by 9./JG27 DavidRed

OP, thanks! and Merry Christmas to you!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Edited the .lua and my Mw-50 doesn't work anymore

PC Specs: RTX 2070 (8GB) + I5-9600K + 32GB RAM.

Stuff for the sim: Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS + TFRP Rudder pedals, Track IR5.

Modules: FC3, A10C, F/A-18C, F16C, F14A/B, MiG-21Bis, AJS-37, F5E, F86F-35, M2000C, Ka-50, P51D, Bf-109K4, Fw-190D9, Spitfire LF Mk IX, L39, CA.

Maps: Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy 1944 + WWII Assets Pack.

Campaigns: A10C:The Enemy Within.