Size of DCS map?

army198527

Or use an Abrams to get there ... :o)

(inb4 someone suggests to walk after ejecting)

DCS: Rally.....

I have a few cars IF someone would like to do a the Advanced Driving Model...:megalol:

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Never thought about it but is "realistic" time modeled in DCS? Would it actually take ca 1 hour to fly on the computer?

Time is not the question. If the world and it's contents are all at real life scale then time is modeled correctly by default. Otherwise you could not navigate by your instruments.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Now that the topic of the map was brought up, I'd like to know what happens if I take a fast jet and fly towards the Georgia map limits and keep flying for hours straight. Will the graphics engine generate more and more generic terrain? Is the whole world already done in a simple generic form without cities or scenery? Once the NTTR map will be released will I be able to fly from the default map to it?

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

Well, you can just try it. Start from Batumi and fly south. :)

There is lots of landscape with really poor quality around the map. that's all. You don't hit walls or something, at least not as far as I tried it.

EDIT: I doubt you will be able to fly from one map to another, in fact I'm pretty sure you can't.

There is infinite generic scenery, but not what you're looking for. Basically flat grass forever. You can "fly around the world" as long and lat are included, but the Earth in DCS is currently flat (EDGE might change this in the future).

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Well, you can just try it. Start from Batumi and fly south. :)

Well, I'm afraid I don't have time to find that out. It would be a boring travel and require many in flight refuels when the developers can just tell us how the DCS world actually is

There is infinite generic scenery, but not what you're looking for. Basically flat grass forever. You can "fly around the world" as long and lat are included, but the Earth in DCS is currently flat (EDGE might change this in the future).

So if there are lats and long and a round world I guess we can leave from the default map, go around the world and come back later. If this was possible one could fly from one scenery to another even if it is at the other side of the world and keep adding more and more purchased sceneries to populate more and more the empty world

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR