[REPORTED] MI-26 being hit makes DCS CRASH in 1.2.12 and 1.2.14.

FlightControl

Hello DCS,

Please check out this URGENT BUG, which makes DCS 1.2.12 and 1.2.14 BETA crash! (I re-simulated this in 1.2.11 and it runs fine there)

Symptoms:

Helicopters seem to make DCS world crash in 1.2.12 and 1.2.14 beta. But only in certain situations.

How to simulate the crash:

I could nail down what situation causes this crash and made this small mission file to simulate! You can load the mission ME and run using DCS 1.2.12 and 1.2.14 BETA. The mission will result DCS in a CRASH! If DCS does not crash the first time when you run it, re-run it again. DCS will crash when the situation appears (which i don't know what it is).

Note that this kind of crash also occurs with an mi-8 (i tested that one also now). Could be it also occurs with any other Russian helicopter...

Request to DCS test team and development team(s): pls a confirmation of this bug on the forums! Please try to fix this while DCS is still in beta 1.2.14!!!

Request to community:pls test on your configuration and confirm in this post if you experience the same crash with the mission attached.

I think this is the root cause of many crash reports recently!

thanks in advance,

Sven

MI-26 Crash Test 5.miz

Edited by FlightControl
  • Like 1

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

I see fat, capital, red font, underlined and exclamation marks shouting urgent and crash. You write: "I could nail down to the root cause..."

And what is the root cause? What do you mean or experience?

:confused:

Edited by piXel496
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T PANIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How urgent could this be to warrant all these caps etc. ?

i cant remember ever even seeing MI-26 in the sim in any mission that i`v played.

if you want an example of an urgent bug- there was one a few days ago that allowed you to kill any aircraft infront of you by pressing some keyboard commands , now that is urgent.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well. I'll remove the red then. This bug happens with any helicopter, not just an mi 26. Got a confirm already by dcs dev team.

[/TABLE]

Thank you. For those who reported whether this is an urgent issue or not, let me clarify a few things here...

I've spent 5 hours to identify the cause of the issue, and then trying to re-simulate the scenario in a new mission, so that i could submit this in this forum. I've done this for myself, and ... for the community...

My reasoning was as follows: any DCS crash is an urgent issue. Especially for those who are running servers...

This one caused my mission to crash after 1 1/2 hour. It crashed when the USA LAV-25 infantry was approaching the MI-26 dropping infantry in the drop zone.

The LAV-25 started shooting the MI-26 and ... crash ...

Then I've spent quite some time to identify the correct event that caused this issue...

Then, i tried to reconstruct the scenario in a new mission. My first mission could not let the mi-26 crash, but then when i started to move around these helicopters nearer to the LAV-25 units in the test mission, the crash happened...

So, you tell me whether this is an urgent issue or not, i just know one thing, this issue is now known and can be re-simulated. So that DCS team can fix it (they can debug it, and trace it back to the root cause).

A short reply to T_A, there are indeed missions where the mi-26 plays a key role. I use the helicopter to transport infantry from a load location to a drop zone.

A rather complicated COOP mission, which i will share once finished...

(Note that i've deleted the RED). Next time i'll post in another colour. Pink maybe.

kind regards,

Sven

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

Well. It is indeed the wording. The root cause is still unknown. But it can also be simulated with an MI-8... So it seems to me a rather urgent issue, knowing that it seems any helicopter can get shot down causing a crash in DCS...

Find simulation mission attached...

Let me remove that stupid red or pink from the first post. The colour seems to make some people angry here, and that was not my intention :-)

Sven

MI-8 DCS Crash Simulation.miz

[/TABLE]

Can it be simulated with client helis or only AI?

Also is it only when carrying troops, or it crashes when any vehicle shoots at a helicopter?

I suggest you load the mission in the mission editor, play with it and see for yourself :-) Assume for the moment AI only.

But you're right maybe it also occurs with other units. Try it out and let the community know in this post :-)

It crashes when any vehicle is shooting the helicopter i assume, but only at very specific moments. So, don't move the helicopter positions, just the helicopter type you can change.

Also, try to replace the blue units. Try sams f.e.

[/TABLE]

Same situation, but now with 3 KA-27 helicopters and 5 AAA Vulcans...

DCS crashes within 1 minute...

Sven

KA-27 DCS Crash Simulation.miz

[/TABLE]

Crashed. U R correct svenvandevelde.

Keep the passion/excitement sven. Let no one change that energy and passion u have for this Sim. It is what makes U a great member of this community.

I have seen passion done with less tact than this. He explained and tested his theory. Nice Job sven. Red Pink or blue letters Buddy, that level of interest and Love for this title will always be a welcome sight to me, I would assume many others too.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Thanks. When a bug gets accepted by the dev teams, normally we would see a "reported" word on the title of the post, added by the moderators. Is this bug reported to dcs? Just want to make sure it makes towards a fix. I have two missions which are now unhostable on my server, due to this bug...

[/TABLE]

Thanks. When a bug gets accepted by the dev teams, normally we would see a "reported" word on the title of the post, added by the moderators. Is this bug reported to dcs? Just want to make sure it makes towards a fix. I have two missions which are now unhostable on my server, due to this bug...

I'd say yes: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2268134&postcount=6

Maybe a useless post, but i'll post it anyway.

Just to confirm that the crashes still occur in 1.2.14.35513, that went public a few hours ago...

Hopefully the next patch will contain a fix for this bug.

This bug is really annoying. No mission with helicopters AI will run stable when these helicopters come under attack by ground AI.

Sven

[/TABLE]

DCS 1.2.14.35605 Update 1 - Change Log

• Crash when tank kills Reaper after taxiing to hangar is fixed
  • MiG-29S. Payload marks, T1 and T2 symbols will not move with the targets in TWS2 mode on the HUD
  • Multiplayer. The expended weapon will not be visible on the client AC for other clients
  • Su-25T. Restored missing waypoint numbers on the HUD
  • Ground units. The issue with absent opportunity to assign the target point for some vehicles is fixed
  • Bf 109 K-4. LODs are corrected
  • Crash when damaged helicopter tries to land by waypoint action is fixed
  • The issue with flickering of ground textures that is visible from AC cockpit is fixed
  • Input settings. The incorrect name of input layer ($aircraft) is fixed

Good work ED. I confirm that this issue is fixed now... (the pink) in DCS World 1.2.14 Update 1 beta (and soon in the public version).

thanks,

Sven

[/TABLE]