DCSFlightpanels (DCSFP) thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS

ArturDCS

Sometimes you just have to search the word you are looking for and experiment to see if it gives what you want. In this case, try this function:

CMSC_TXT_CHAFF_FLARE

I don't know if this will properly display on the panel or not. If this doesn't work, I don't see any other functions that would return this information.

I already tried that but is doesnt exist in DCSFlightPanel

Which module are you referring to (A-10C?) and what function did you choose to display altitude? For the A-10C, there is a function for ALT_MSL (or something close) that will give the proper altitude. As I mentioned above, you might have to try different functions. Some have been set up to provide the actual data wanted, such as ALT, HDG, etc., but others will only return raw data. You can convert raw data to meaningful information using the formula function which I described earlier in this thread.

When you say "everything" is way off, specifically what functions are you referring to and which module are you having trouble with?

I have no idea what to search for and tried ALT_10000FT_CNT and similar to display altitude.

A list with all possible lcd outputs would be handy

PC: i7 6700K - GTX980ti - ASUS Z170P D3 - 32GB DDR3 - Samsung 850Evo - 5TB HDD

Displays: BenQ RL2455HM - Acer Pred. XB241H - BenQ RL2455HM

Controller: Modded TM WH grip on VKB Glad.2PRO, TM WH Trottle, TM MFD`s,

Saitek Rudder, 3xArduino Mega+Leonardo for AV8B panels, TIR5,

@Soundwave197 -- For the A-10C, just look for the function with "MSL" in it. That displays the proper barometric altitude. It's what I use.

In general, it sounds like you are selecting functions that return raw data. That can be anywhere from 0 to 65535 and is meaningless to users. In early profiles for DCSFlightpanels, only airspeed, heading, vertical velocity and maybe one or two others were pre-calculated to convert raw data to something meaningful. In more recent profiles we have been adding many more pre-calculated gauge values. However, functions that return raw data will always be visible right along with the pre-calculated choices.

For searching functions, just choose some of the obvious things:

"heading" "HDG"

"altitude" "ALT"

"vertical velocity" "VVI" "variometer"

"airspeed" "IAS"

The DCS-BIOS profiles we use have been created by a number of people, so there will be some inconsistency in how things get labeled. Also, DCS-BIOS was developed for cockpit builders using Arduino microprocessors, so some programming ability is assumed. It was only fortunate that DCS-BIOS could be used to give DCSFlightpanels a great deal more flexibility. However, it won't be quite as user-friendly as many users would like who don't already do some of their own programming.

If you post a list of the gauges and modules you are having trouble with, I'll try to point you to the proper functions to use, if they exist.

Thanks,

Paul

For searching functions, just choose some of the obvious things:

"heading" "HDG"

"altitude" "ALT"

"vertical velocity" "VVI" "variometer"

"airspeed" "IAS"

If you post a list of the gauges and modules you are having trouble with, I'll try to point you to the proper functions to use, if they exist.

I only found heading and altitude.

Are the little led's of the AP buttons controllable? Do short push and long push work?

For a example:

HDG, NAV, IAS, ALT, VS short press will toggle MWS JMR RWR DISP, Button LED on and off

Long press will go to the Menu and lets the Button LED flash.

In a earlier profile i got the Gear-LED to stay off if the gear is retracted, go to red if the gear is moving and get green if the gear is deployed but i somehow fail to tell the led's to go dark if the gear is in.

thats how far i got:

Green | GEAR_N_SAFE | Equals | 1

Red | GEAR_N_SAFE | Equals | 0

pretty basic D:

Are the little led's of the AP buttons controllable?

If you mean controlling when the LEDs are on or off, no. Of course, the buttons are programmable and the LEDs come on at first press and off on second.

Do short push and long push work?

No, they are either on or off. Duration of press is not measured.

In a earlier profile i got the Gear-LED to stay off if the gear is retracted, go to red if the gear is moving and get green if the gear is deployed but i somehow fail to tell the led's to go dark if the gear is in.

Here is the code from my A-10C profile that does this:

SwitchPanelLedUp{GREEN|DCSBiosOutput{GEAR_N_SAFE|Equals|1}}
SwitchPanelLedUp{DARK|DCSBiosOutput{GEAR_N_SAFE|Equals|0}}
SwitchPanelLedUp{RED|DCSBiosOutput{HANDLE_GEAR_WARNING|Equals|1}}
SwitchPanelLedLeft{GREEN|DCSBiosOutput{GEAR_L_SAFE|Equals|1}}
SwitchPanelLedLeft{DARK|DCSBiosOutput{GEAR_L_SAFE|Equals|0}}
SwitchPanelLedLeft{RED|DCSBiosOutput{HANDLE_GEAR_WARNING|Equals|1}}
SwitchPanelLedRight{GREEN|DCSBiosOutput{GEAR_R_SAFE|Equals|1}}
SwitchPanelLedRight{DARK|DCSBiosOutput{GEAR_R_SAFE|Equals|0}}
SwitchPanelLedRight{RED|DCSBiosOutput{HANDLE_GEAR_WARNING|Equals|1}}

Paul

Here is the code from my A-10C profile that does this:

SwitchPanelLedUp{GREEN|DCSBiosOutput{GEAR_N_SAFE|Equals|1}}
SwitchPanelLedUp{DARK|DCSBiosOutput{GEAR_N_SAFE|Equals|0}}
SwitchPanelLedUp{RED|DCSBiosOutput{HANDLE_GEAR_WARNING|Equals|1}}
SwitchPanelLedLeft{GREEN|DCSBiosOutput{GEAR_L_SAFE|Equals|1}}
SwitchPanelLedLeft{DARK|DCSBiosOutput{GEAR_L_SAFE|Equals|0}}
SwitchPanelLedLeft{RED|DCSBiosOutput{HANDLE_GEAR_WARNING|Equals|1}}
SwitchPanelLedRight{GREEN|DCSBiosOutput{GEAR_R_SAFE|Equals|1}}
SwitchPanelLedRight{DARK|DCSBiosOutput{GEAR_R_SAFE|Equals|0}}
SwitchPanelLedRight{RED|DCSBiosOutput{HANDLE_GEAR_WARNING|Equals|1}}

Paul

Thanks, similar to that was my first try but i dumped it because all leds will turn green in sync instead of waiting for the gear.

I have read a few pages back FIP's work somehow but in one of the latest patchnotes was "FIP support removed" if i remember correct. Was this unstable or broken?

Sorry if i spam you with questions, i really like the idea of this tool.

I have to lern coding. Maybe i find a broken auto panel for a few bucks and trow a arduino in. I made a small 3x12button radio panel out of a old saitek yoke.

I have read a few pages back FIP's work somehow but in one of the latest patchnotes was "FIP support removed" if i remember correct. Was this unstable or broken?

FIP support was never formally launched, but first attempts showed up in some releases. It's unstable in that the FIPs eventually freeze. It has been extremely difficult to sort this out. Unless ArturDCS has an epiphany, it seems unlikely that we'll get the FIPs functional.

P.S.--I can't tell you how many hours ArturDCS spent trying to get the FIPs to work reliably. He was truly hoping to add this capability to DCSFlightpanels.

Edited by pdmarsh

FIP support, I have been at this for countless of hours and I just can't figure things out. I cannot recreate the problems on my PC others have and I can't find any obvious culprit for it either. We would love to offer FIP support with tons of gauges but its just not feasible at this point. There is something not working correctly. Whether it is because DCSFlightpanels is written in C# I don't know.

I've been thinking of writing a test project in C++ but then again will those hours solve it? You can bang your head only so many times against the wall until it feels pointless.

I just found out the PZ69 does not support key emulating.

FIP support, I have been at this for countless of hours and I just can't figure things out. I cannot recreate the problems on my PC others have and I can't find any obvious culprit for it either. We would love to offer FIP support with tons of gauges but its just not feasible at this point. There is something not working correctly. Whether it is because DCSFlightpanels is written in C# I don't know.

I've been thinking of writing a test project in C++ but then again will those hours solve it? You can bang your head only so many times against the wall until it feels pointless.

Or disable it by default but let the user choose if he wants to use experimental features. Maybe it works, maybe it doesnt.

edit: 28.10.17

My Autopilot Panel just froze and found out the alt and vs isnt changing if i turn the mode knob. If its hard coded it has to be on the microcontroller inself

Edited by Soundwave197

I just found out the PZ69 does not support key emulating.

That's correct. The Radio Panel is the only one that gets preprogrammed for individual modules.

Or disable it by default but let the user choose if he wants to use experimental features. Maybe it works, maybe it doesnt.

Actually, only two gauges were made for the A-10C. While they look fantastic and work great while they function, one or both lock up fairly soon and, if running multiple FIPs, all eventually lock up.

We did try to get some support from Logitech on this, but they are quite busy with other projects and DCS is just not a priority for them. Still, they say they monitor this forum, so maybe we'll get some suggestions from them at some point.

Paul

We did try to get some support from Logitech on this, but they are quite busy with other projects and DCS is just not a priority for them. Still, they say they monitor this forum, so maybe we'll get some suggestions from them at some point.

Paul

They have a pretty good software for the yoke. A bit disapointing they didnt include the Panels to configurate them with it.

They did a driver for X-Plane and i dont think they can ignore DCS forever.

I got very good support from MadCatz back in the days but for some reason development stalled (on my part). I had a direct line to a few developers. Without their support I wouldn't have been able to get anywhere. But the problem with hanging and freezing is something I just can't solve on my own as it is.

They have a pretty good software for the yoke. A bit disapointing they didnt include the Panels to configurate them with it.

They did a driver for X-Plane and i dont think they can ignore DCS forever.

Hi guys,

Implementing the Ka50 profile right now.

For this chopper, because of the small number of radio/navigation systems, the radio panel is not heavily used.

If there are a set of controls that begs for a physical interface in the Ka50, that's the two rotaries of the ABRIS because using them with the mouse is just extremely painful. The radio panel offers, per radio, two rotaries (inner and outer) and the freq switch button.

What about assigning one radio to the ABRIS controls? Outer radio rotary switch for the left rotary control of the ABRIS, inner radio rotary switch for the right rotary control of the ABRIS and the freq switch button for the selection function of the right rotary of the ABRIS? This would be just totally awesome!

Any chance?

Thanks for your hard work.

Fixed. Will be included in the next release.

Hi guys,

Implementing the Ka50 profile right now.

For this chopper, because of the small number of radio/navigation systems, the radio panel is not heavily used.

If there are a set of controls that begs for a physical interface in the Ka50, that's the two rotaries of the ABRIS because using them with the mouse is just extremely painful. The radio panel offers, per radio, two rotaries (inner and outer) and the freq switch button.

What about assigning one radio to the ABRIS controls? Outer radio rotary switch for the left rotary control of the ABRIS, inner radio rotary switch for the right rotary control of the ABRIS and the freq switch button for the selection function of the right rotary of the ABRIS? This would be just totally awesome!

Any chance?

Thanks for your hard work.

Edited by ArturDCS

There was a small mixup by pdmarsh and me and our contributions to DCS-BIOS (Github), next release would have been scheduled for last Sunday, together with the new DCS-BIOS. But the F-86, Gazelle, AJS37, Spitfire didn't make it.

Those are now in the pipe to be merged into DCS-BIOS when Ian decides to make a new DCS-BIOS release.

F-86 is already programmed in DCSFP, I am now programming radios for the Spitfire. And there are the radiopanel corrections/improvements to Mi-8 and Ka-50 which has been done in DCSFP.

Perhaps next Sunday, I don't know Ian's schedule but lets hope for the best. :)

New release.

Because DCS-BIOS is lagging in regards to DCSFP we have included a temporary DCS-BIOS release archive file which you need to download too in order to update your DCS-BIOS files.

The new Multipanel will not read the old configurations from the bindings file, if you for some reason want to keep the old one make a copy before starting this new version of DCSFP.

v2.2.63 17 November 2017

-----------------------------

F-86 complete radio support

Spitfire HF-Radio & IFF supported

Ka-50, ABRIS dials can be controlled via radio panel

Mi-8, ADF correction made, main and backup ADF can be toggled

Multipanel redone completely, each dial position enables it's own configuration, 100+ configurations!

Multipanel, all dial positions can be used

Formula textbox height increased

Small bugfixes

The new Multipanel will not read the old configurations from the bindings file...

If you have a particularly complex configuration of the Multipanel and don't want to remap everything from scratch, you can manually alter the *.bindings file and assign those mappings to whichever dial position you wish, e.g. ALT, VS, etc. I'll post an example later, but I just wanted to provide this information and stop anyone from rebuilding their Multipanel configuration, unless you want to, of course.

Please note that only the Multipanel is affected by this update. All other panel configurations will still work in this updated version of DCSFlightpanels.

Thanks,

Paul

Edited by pdmarsh

As mentioned above, here is an example of how to manually modify your *.bindings file to use the new Multi Panel configuration options. In this case, I am mapping existing commands to the "ALT" dial setting.

PanelType=PZ70MultiPanel
PanelInstanceID=\\?\hid#vid_06a3&pid_0d06#7&39001d8f&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
BeginPanel
[i]MultiPanelKnob{1FLAPS_LEVER_UP}\o/OSKeyPress{HalfSecond,LCONTROL + VK_S}[/i]
MultiPanelKnob[b][color="Red"]{ALT}\o/[/color][/b]{1FLAPS_LEVER_UP}\o/OSKeyPress{HalfSecond,LCONTROL + VK_S}
[i]MultiPanelKnob{1FLAPS_LEVER_DOWN}\o/OSKeyPress{HalfSecond,VK_S}[/i]
MultiPanelKnob[b][color="red"]{ALT}\o/[/color][/b]{1FLAPS_LEVER_DOWN}\o/OSKeyPress{HalfSecond,VK_S}
EndPanel

The original command line is in italics and the added code is in bold & red in the new command line. Of course, the old command lines have to be deleted.

All of the dial setting commands are these:

{ALT}\o/

{VS}\o/

{IAS}\o/

{HDG}\o/

{CRS}\o/

Hope this helps.

Paul

@Schmidtfire

Don't know which aircraft you are planning to fly with this, but I can tell you that the switch panel works perfectly for the choppers through DCS BIOS (except the Gazelle which is not implemented yet).

Every lights can be controlled through DCS BIOS (it means the state is synchronized with your in game cockpit). Also, gear lever and lights are working perfectly on the Ka50 (green when extended, red when retracted). Since the Mi8 doesn't have retractable gear, I am using the lights to monitor my 2 engines and APU ( Black: OFF, Orange: Spooling up, Green: Running, Red: Fire) and the gear lever for the fuel cutoff. You can do pretty much anything you want as long as the variable is known in DCS BIOS.

------------------------------

Guys,

Awesome work on the new version. Having multiple layouts for the PZ70 is awesome. Wow.

I really love the new way to control the Mi8 ARK9 with the Radio panel. It works great and will avoid a lot of CFITs later. But then the ARK-UD controls disappeared. Is it intentional?

The R828 presets still lacks the R828_TUNER on the ACT/STBY button (unlike what you did for the Ka50 :thumbup:).

The ABRIS control is working great but you forgot to assign the ACT/STBY to the ABRIS_CURSOR_BTN.

When assigning the PZ70 LCD knob (+/-) DEC to the Ka50 ALT_QFE_KNOB in VARIABLE_STEP input type, I am pretty sure it sends a STATE_SET instead (baro pressure jumps to the value of the step and never moves further). The LCD Knob (+/-) INC is working fine. I don't have this problem with the Mi8 and I can use the PZ70 knob for the baro pressure without a problem.

Thanks for the great work.