DCSFlightpanels (DCSFP) thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS

ArturDCS

Hi There ! Ookami speaking !

24.05.2015 01:58:15 version : 2.1.65.3273

666 Custom message = [Via SaitekPanel.SetLastException()]

System.NullReferenceException

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at NonVisuals.RadioPanelPZ69A10C.Startup()

Haven't heard of this before.

Is that specific to the A10 or is it happening with others modules ?

Also, is this happening if you don't select a module ? ("none" module, keyboard emulation mode).

Hi There ! Ookami speaking !

Haven't heard of this before.

Is that specific to the A10 or is it happening with others modules ?

Also, is this happening if you don't select a module ? ("none" module, keyboard emulation mode).

Sorry for the delay.

It happens when the program starts, before a module is selected. Clearing the log and starting a new profile with the program till running results in no new errors. Restarting the program results in those errors appearing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Forgive my lack of knowledge and ignorance on this subject but I was wondering if you could assist with getting the Landing Gear Lights working on my Saitek Panel ?. I have installed Flight Panels and this is working great for the key mappings. I have also downloaded DCS BIOS version 0.3.0 for the lights but am really unsure on what to do with it.

I have pasted the files in to my DCS saved Games file.

I have opened Flightpanels File, New and selected module A10C right clicked on the landing light for Nose Wheel, Clicked configure and searched for Gear Selected Nose Gear Safe and tried trigger value of 0 or 1 but no lights work.

Please could you assist or send me snapshots of the working configuration ?

I have searched the forums and read loads but cant seem to get this working.

Thanks

Hi and welcome to FP!

First off, we need DCS-BIOS in working order.

Does your C:\Users\<your username>\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts folder contain the folder DCS-BIOS and the file Export.lua?

Does the Export.lua contain the following line?

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])

The DCS-BIOS folder under Scripts should contain the folder & files as in the attached image.

OK?

Hi

Forgive my lack of knowledge and ignorance on this subject but I was wondering if you could assist with getting the Landing Gear Lights working on my Saitek Panel ?. I have installed Flight Panels and this is working great for the key mappings. I have also downloaded DCS BIOS version 0.3.0 for the lights but am really unsure on what to do with it.

I have pasted the files in to my DCS saved Games file.

I have opened Flightpanels File, New and selected module A10C right clicked on the landing light for Nose Wheel, Clicked configure and searched for Gear Selected Nose Gear Safe and tried trigger value of 0 or 1 but no lights work.

Please could you assist or send me snapshots of the working configuration ?

I have searched the forums and read loads but cant seem to get this working.

Thanks

2015-06-10_180235.jpg.524119186057769f83feba86e352d793.jpg

Hi

Thank you for the quick response. Yes all my files are exactly as stated

Thanks

Have you mapped any panel keys/switches with DCS-BIOS or have you used normal keyboard binding? What I am asking is do you know DCS-BIOS is working?

Have you tried the Control Reference Page in Chrome? First page in this thread under "Learn to use the DCS-BIOS Control Reference Page!"

Does the wheel/cog spin when in FP?

The lines for the Switch Panel PZ55 and the BIP for A-10C landing gear lights are:

PanelType=PZ55SwitchPanel
PanelInstanceID=blablabla
BeginPanel    
   SwitchPanelLedUp{GREEN|DCSBiosOutput{GEAR_N_SAFE|Equals|1}}
   SwitchPanelLedUp{DARK|DCSBiosOutput{GEAR_N_SAFE|Equals|0}}
   SwitchPanelLedLeft{GREEN|DCSBiosOutput{GEAR_L_SAFE|Equals|1}}
   SwitchPanelLedLeft{DARK|DCSBiosOutput{GEAR_L_SAFE|Equals|0}}
   SwitchPanelLedRight{GREEN|DCSBiosOutput{GEAR_R_SAFE|Equals|1}}
   SwitchPanelLedRight{DARK|DCSBiosOutput{GEAR_R_SAFE|Equals|0}}
EndPanel

PanelType=BackLitPanel
PanelInstanceID=blablabla
BeginPanel
   PanelBIP{Position_1_8|YELLOW|DCSBiosOutput{GEAR_N_SAFE|Equals|0}}
   PanelBIP{Position_1_8|DARK|DCSBiosOutput{GEAR_N_SAFE|Equals|1}}
   PanelBIP{Position_1_8|DARK|DCSBiosOutput{HANDLE_GEAR_WARNING|Equals|1}}
   PanelBIP{Position_2_8|RED|DCSBiosOutput{HANDLE_GEAR_WARNING|Equals|1}}
   PanelBIP{Position_2_8|DARK|DCSBiosOutput{HANDLE_GEAR_WARNING|Equals|0}}
   PanelBIP{Position_3_8|GREEN|DCSBiosOutput{GEAR_N_SAFE|Equals|1}}
   PanelBIP{Position_3_8|DARK|DCSBiosOutput{GEAR_N_SAFE|Equals|0}}
EndPanel

as configured by pdmarsh.

Hi

I have tried mapping Keys i.e landing Gear G and this works in game and in the Bios control referance I can see the G key being pressed. However when using DCS Bios for Gear Lever I am not getting a response and the Cog in Flightpanels does not spin.

Thanks for the help and once again sorry for my complete lack of knowledge on this topic

Hi

I have tried mapping Keys i.e landing Gear G and this works in game and in the Bios control referance I can see the G key being pressed. However when using DCS Bios for Gear Lever I am not getting a response and the Cog in Flightpanels does not spin.

Thanks for the help and once again sorry for my complete lack of knowledge on this topic

Can you try run FP as Administrator? Does that make a difference? Have you blocked FP in your firewall? I think you should have gotten a pop-up from your firewall software first time you ran FP.

Can you try run FP as Administrator? Does that make a difference? Have you blocked FP in your firewall? I think you should have gotten a pop-up from your firewall software first time you ran FP.

Hi

OK we are getting somewhere :) Running Flight Panel as admin helped. I now have the spinning Cog. However I still can't get anything to register an input from the Gear Lever in the DCS Bios

Thanks

Press the notepad icon in the menu bar "Open text editor" and choose the type of editor you want for FP profiles. Notepad or do you use anything else?

Locate your panel entries and paste the code that is between the BeginPanel and EndPanel. Save and try again.

edit:

After saving in the Text Editor you just press the "Refresh" button with two green arrows to reload the modified profile.

Hi

OK we are getting somewhere :) Running Flight Panel as admin helped. I now have the spinning Cog. However I still can't get anything to register an input from the Gear Lever in the DCS Bios

Thanks

Edited by ArturDCS

Press the notepad icon in the menu bar "Open text editor" and choose the type of editor you want for FP profiles. Notepad or do you use anything else?

Locate your panel entries and paste the code that is between the BeginPanel and EndPanel. Save and try again.

Hi

Ok think I have done that correctly please see attached. But still nothing :(

Thanks

FlightPanel.thumb.jpg.f48ef513a3413aebb3059cfdf2be8404.jpg

Excellent.

I forgot to include that you must refresh/reload the profile within FP when you have manually edited it via a Text Editor. After saving in the Text Editor you just press the "Refresh" button having two green arrows.

Hi

All working just rebooted the PC and has now kicked in to life.

Thank you for your patience and help

Edited by ArturDCS
grammar

Question to anyone that uses Aries. I'd like to know whether or not its compatible or should i say works properly with Flight panels? For example Aries being a separate program that integrates with DCS, does Aries radio freq change when you change it in the sim or do you change the freq in aries and it changes in the sim?

edit::: question retracted....it works fine......

Edited by Baldawg

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

Flightpanels , Windows 10 & AMD processors

Hi all ,

I have spent the last 2 days trying to track down why usb devices re-numerated with windows 10 I posted it here as I the problem started when I tried to Intergrate the saitek panels with DCS. Thanks to Artur who developed the program.

Ok so I started with a Clean install of Win 10. That picked up most of my drivers ( no errors or exclamation marks in the Device Manager )

Then Installed DCS.

And then DCS Bios & Flight panels .

Everything seemed to work perfectly for the first hour , then all of a sudden the radio panel switch itself off along with the switch panel , warthog throttle & joystick .

I had a quick look at flight panels and refreshed it ( two green arrows) and it told me the device ID had changed for the switch panel.

this happened at random times throughout the day.

Eventually found 2 causes ,

Firstly New USB hubs have an inbuilt power saving mode, But that can be disabled in the registry ( links provided below)

Secondly and more importantly.

AMD Processors require the chipset driver to be installed , ALTHOUGH windows 10 picks it up correctly the chipset drivers need to be installed.

Also install the drivers for the saitek panels, ( I know they are not required but there is some Information VID & PID that it installs.

Because I had the problem with the warthog I installed the drivers for this too.

Link for disabling enhanced power management is here

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/usbcoreblog/archive/2013/11/08/help-after-installing-windows-8-1-my-usb-device-doesn-t-charge-or-it-disconnects-and-reconnects-frequently.aspx

Hopefully this helps a few people and with the impending release of windows 10 it might just help a few more ..

• Like 1

Hopefully this helps a few people and with the impending release of windows 10 it might just help a few more ..

@mightyseaking -- Wow, that's great information. Thanks for posting this--I'm sure it will help others.

Paul

somehow i lost the ability to use the lit keys on the multi panel....i had keys bound to each key to control the NMSP panel. i can get the buttons to work in the sim if i bind them to dcs-bios but the wont toggle as a momentary switch. for example the EGI switch stays pushed in. i tried to set the state as an action/toggle but it doesn't toggle as a momentary. it worked perfectly when the keys were bound but i cant figure out why they wont work any longer.

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

I'm have tried to install Flightpanels_2.1.204 but I get the following error message and the app is a blank window.

1017 Method not found: 'Int32 System.Environment.get_currentManagedThreadId()'

When I press any switch on the Panel, the app displays the switch panel and all the buttons and gear switch display and animate correctly, but I cannot click on anything , just get a "ding" sound. I have to kill the app using end-task.

I have tried running the app as administrator, but it behaves the same.

Any assistance would be appreciated..

Windows 7 SP1 64bit - Saitek X52pro & Pro Flight Rudders & Switch Panel - Track Ir

Edited by CMHunt

somehow i lost the ability to use the lit keys on the multi panel....i had keys bound to each key to control the NMSP panel. i can get the buttons to work in the sim if i bind them to dcs-bios but the wont toggle as a momentary switch. for example the EGI switch stays pushed in. i tried to set the state as an action/toggle but it doesn't toggle as a momentary. it worked perfectly when the keys were bound but i cant figure out why they wont work any longer.

@Baldawg -- I have been testing this and here is what I found. First, I mapped the EGI Steer Point Button to the number "1" keyboard key (just happens to be available). I then mapped the Multi Panel HDG button ON position to the number "1" as well. In game this does act as a momentary press of the Steer Point Button. However, now the HDG button on the panel is lit and I don't want it to be. I did not map the HDG button OFF position to anything, so another press of that button on the panel simply turns off the LED. The in-game state of the Steer Point Button stays where it was. From reading your post, it sounds like this action no longer works for you. Is that correct?

Now, if I try to use DCS-BIOS for Steer Point Button control, I cannot find any setting that will act as a momentary press. I'm guessing this is a limitation we would have to live with.

So, it seems that you can use Multi Panel buttons as momentary inputs when mapped to keystrokes even though you have to deal with the LED state on the panel, i.e. you have to press the button a second time to turn off the LED. I do this in a number of profiles, so I'm used to it now. The trick is to leave the OFF state un-mapped.

I'm not sure if this helps at all. Let us know if you are still having trouble.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi

I was wondering if you can make a key keep being pressed until it's switched off.

i.e in F15c I want to map the S key for nose wheel steering and this only works if you hold down the S key.

Thanks

@bouncerj21 -- I don't believe this is possible. You can set a keystroke to be held for up to sixty seconds, but not indefinitely--at least not that I have found. If I hear differently, I'll post that info.

Paul

ill try and make another profile to see if that fixes the issue. it worked before but im not sure what changed.. ironically i set all of the nmsp buttons as the first seven number keys on the keyboard. funny how you did the same.

Edited by Baldawg

i actually want the light lit as the EGI switch stays lit when active on the nmsp panel so thats no issue with me. ill test further but i did make a few attempts aside creating a new profile which im not really wanting to being i have three panels. as stated before ill test further and get back.

i actually want the light lit as the EGI switch stays lit when active on the nmsp panel so thats no issue with me. ill test further but i did make a few attempts aside creating a new profile which im not really wanting to being i have three panels. as stated before ill test further and get back.

Good point re. keeping the HDG button lit. I'll look forward to hearing how your testing goes.

Thanks,

Paul