Would you buy an EFM F-104 ?

Anatoli-Kagari9

Would you buy an EFM F-104 ?  

242 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy an EFM F-104 ?

• Yes!
    • Nope!

No quite. I would buy an F-104G , if it had AFM or PFM, and advanced systems modeling. F-104 was a tricky and dangerous AC to fly and land. I would look forward to the challenge. After simming with A-10C, UH-1H, MIG-21bis, F-15C, SU-25T, SU-25, and SU-27 AFMs. SFM MIG-29's , SU-33, feed dead, I don't use them anymore. Patiently waiting for all flyable AC to have either AFM or PFM with systems modeling.

No quite. I would buy an F-104G , if it had AFM or PFM, and advanced systems modeling. F-104 was a tricky and dangerous AC to fly and land. I would look forward to the challenge. After simming with A-10C, UH-1H, MIG-21bis, F-15C, SU-25T, SU-25, and SU-27 AFMs. SFM MIG-29's , SU-33, feed dead, I don't use them anymore. Patiently waiting for all flyable AC to have either AFM or PFM with systems modeling.

EFM is equivallent to AFM/PFM.

Why is it the "i hate old junkers" crowd always has a list of demands "or else" and why does that list always include many aircraft either in development or planned or rumoured to be on development? :huh:

It's like they don't read the forums....

My mistake, then. If it is one.

My understanding is SFM->EFM->AFM->PFM . With systems modeling as a separate issue.

Right now A-10C, UH-1H, and MIG-21bis are the most enjoyable of DCS aircraft. Precisely becouse advanced flight models are combined with systems modeling. F-15C and Su-27 AFM are great to fly, but becouse of simplified systems modeling feel to easy to fly. Same for SU-25T, and SU-25.

Real F-104 did not have an operational history, matching its pedegree. It was in service relatively short time in USAF, but much longer in European NATO air forces. Four were shot down in combat, with its direct Soviet analog, the MIG-21. Those shootdowns occured during Pakistan Indian conflict. Indian Air Force MIG-21 scored four shootdown on Pakistani F-104.

Original downward firing ejection seat, cost 21 USAF pilots their lives. Eventually normal upward firing seat was installed, but was zero/zero. A min velociy of 104 knots was required to clear the t-tail.

Normal for a Kelly Johnson designed aircraft, and I say this with reverence to the man, it required a pilot with aviation piloting skills equivalent to Kelly Johnson's aeronautic design genius. The combat aircraft , he designed, P-38, F-104, SR-71, had high student pilot washout rates, and high crew loss rate, due to pilot error. Flying this man's design was like being in real life Ph.d. level course, where failure meant death. I say this with high reverence for man's genius. The aircraft were not forgiving.

I will buy a F-104 only if its out before the F-18 and mirage F or 2000.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals