Would you buy an EFM F-104 ?

Anatoli-Kagari9

Would you buy an EFM F-104 ?  

242 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy an EFM F-104 ?

• Yes!
    • Nope!

this a photo of one I took many year ago at Ramstein Air Base. sorry, but that would not be first on my list....

f104.jpg.de7f84a2f08c9394385881e96d103893.jpg

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

My short Wishlist :)

I will buy only those models:

MIRAGE

EUROFIGHTERFIGHTER TYPHOON

GRIPEN

RAFALE DASSAULT

EF-111A

F-5

F-14D

F-15ES

F-16C

F-18E

F-35B

F-22 RAPTOR

any other model I will not even spend a penny :)

*Rant On*

why why why does everyone seem to want an F-35, and an F-22?????

they will not be made into a DCS module, at least, not for like 30 years, they are WAY too classified.

*Rant Off*

• Like 1

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

*Rant On*

I would like to have the F-35 because is cheap to make the cockpit.

i can use only monitor 23 "touch screen for avionics and a good drive seat :D

f35-cockpit3.jpg.8e4dd9a27bf10f51112bb26e38302c88.jpg

Edited by block ii

*Rant On*

I would like to have the F-35 because is cheap to make the cockpit.

i can use only monitor 23 "touch screen for avionics and a good drive seat :D

I think you miss the point of the rant.

We're not going to get a super-current fighter. Ever.

Reliable information about those planes - to the degree that developers need to have to create a detailed and accurate high-definition system and flight model - doesn't exist outside of classified documents.

This is why you get MiG-15bis, and F-86 Sabre - they're not classified in any way.

And neither is the F-104; hell, there's a civilian flying group in Florida for private pilots who own F-104s.

And neither is the F-104; hell, there's a civilian flying group in Florida for private pilots who own F-104s.

Impressive to see, if you get the chance. Another group operates an F-4 in a similar way...I'd hate to see their operating costs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

I think you miss the point of the rant.

We're not going to get a super-current fighter. Ever.

Reliable information about those planes - to the degree that developers need to have to create a detailed and accurate high-definition system and flight model - doesn't exist outside of classified documents.

This is why you get MiG-15bis, and F-86 Sabre - they're not classified in any way.

I have P-51D, but not like to fly this plane.

I do not like very old aircraft.

I like to just three old aircraft F-5 / F-14 / mirage

I want to simulate the mirage / F-5 because Brazil has F-5 and Mirage

I want to simulate the F-14 because it is a beautiful plane is a really cool plane.

my wishlist only F-35 and F22 is impossible to make a simulator, but the other models can be made

I want to simulate the F-14 because it is a beautiful plane is a really cool plane.

my wishlist only F-35 and F22 is impossible to make a simulator, but the other models can be made

I hear you on the F-5. It seems popular internationally, and looks like a demon hotrod. I've always loved it.

And, perfect NATO/UN counterpart to the MiG-21.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

Ever since USNF 97 I've had some interest in this plane. It's cool in its own right though as a specialized interceptor that was fast and hard to handle. I'll take any version. In fact I'd like it if modules covered multiple versions. I don't see why modern versions are better necessarily.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

more photos of some of the planes you like,

(my photos)

f105.jpg.230df0b1a7efc233d243f62809b8f550.jpg

f100.jpg.140cc0ac6dce1291bea33b39f8215bf0.jpg

f5_2.jpg.95264448988f05fe92b023a9f6a32f4c.jpg

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

it's hard to tell size in photos, but the Mirage is very large, the F-5 is very small, relatively that is, the F-100 was very large, compared to the F-86. etc..etc...

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

My short Wishlist :)

I will buy only those models:

MIRAGE

EUROFIGHTERFIGHTER TYPHOON

GRIPEN

RAFALE DASSAULT

EF-111A

F-5

F-14D

F-15ES

F-16C

F-18E

F-35B

F-22 RAPTOR

any other model I will not even spend a penny :)

Good luck with that list.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Good luck with that list.

DCS begin his work with modern aircraft [model: Ka-50 / A-10 / modern air combat / FC / FC2].

I hope to DCS keep what They have started.

I do not like see older aircraft in DCS,

DCS changed the course of Which Began.

I really hope to get lucky in my wishlist

I never "Fly" IL 2 simulator because I do not like old planes.

I buy the modules DCS simulator to "FLY" modern aircraft.

the only thing wrong is , old aircraft flying in the same skies that modern aircraft in the DCS

my desires are within the context of where it all began.

the old aircraft are not in the context of where it all began

Edited by block ii

Eagle Dynamics models some modern (ish) aircraft due to having military contracts to build simulators for them.

I believe that they did the A-10C for the U.S. National Guard - and were allowed to leverage the non-classified bits into an hobbyist simulator.

Unless they get a contract to build military simulators for the F-22, or F-35, it's just not ever going to happen - well, not for about 30-40 years. That will be true of any recent combat aircraft, as well.

I don't know which version of the F-18 they're working on, but you can be assured it won't be one of the later releases.

Hell, they weren't able to make the F-18 supersonic flight model until they worked out some of it in the Su-27 and F-15 PFM models (again, so I hear).

You can disparage the "old" aircraft all you want - but if they keep DCS World funded over the long periods of time ED needs to develop a DCS level F-18, and they're testbeds for new programming and code that the modern aircraft sims need to work, don't knock them.

In the end, it doesn't really matter what we want; if it's just not possible for ED (or Belsimtek, or Leatherneck studios, or VEAO, or AvioDev, etc.) to build a DCS level module for an aircraft, they won't.

----

That said, I would very much like an F-5 (CF-116), as well :) - and I'm pretty sure than an older widely exported fighter that was never in service in the USAF, is quite likely.

Eagle Dynamics models some modern (ish) aircraft due to having military contracts to build simulators for them.

I believe that they did the A-10C for the U.S. National Guard - and were allowed to leverage the non-classified bits into an hobbyist simulator.

Unless they get a contract to build military simulators for the F-22, or F-35, it's just not ever going to happen - well, not for about 30-40 years. That will be true of any recent combat aircraft, as well.

I don't know which version of the F-18 they're working on, but you can be assured it won't be one of the later releases.

Hell, they weren't able to make the F-18 supersonic flight model until they worked out some of it in the Su-27 and F-15 PFM models (again, so I hear).

You can disparage the "old" aircraft all you want - but if they keep DCS World funded over the long periods of time ED needs to develop a DCS level F-18, and they're testbeds for new programming and code that the modern aircraft sims need to work, don't knock them.

In the end, it doesn't really matter what we want; if it's just not possible for ED (or Belsimtek, or Leatherneck studios, or VEAO, or AvioDev, etc.) to build a DCS level module for an aircraft, they won't.

----

That said, I would very much like an F-5 (CF-116), as well :) - and I'm pretty sure than an older widely exported fighter that was never in service in the USAF, is quite likely.

ok you're right , of course we will never have F-35 or F-22 or RAFALE DASSAULT or EF-111A but some aircraft are fully possible to be simulated

mirage

eurofighter thypoon

Gripen

F-5

F-14

F-16

F-15E

I really hope buy these models ,

I do not want is to see thousands of older aircraft being produced before the models of modern aircraft.

I think DCS should give priority to modern aircraft.

I get really angry when i see old planes with priority being launched before the other models modern aircrafts.

I always I look forward to modern aircraft where it all began.

Edited by block ii

I think some of those are likely - some are not.

Some would take a long time, even if there was a commitment to making them by one of the developers.

Basically, the more modern it is, the more complex it is, the less likely it is, and the longer it will take.

In the meantime you will see older, simpler aircraft modules produced because a) They'll sell, and b) They fund the development of the newer, more complex aircraft.

I'd even be willing to see civilian aircraft enter the mix - not because I want to fly a 777 (I really don't) - but because the profits from civilian aircraft would help fund some of the more complex military aircraft. I don't have to put them on my server - and the people that want to do civil aviation don't have to put my MiG-21 on theirs.

The good thing is that with more development companies coming to the table, it's not and either/or thing anymore. AvioDev working on their C-101 doesn't take anything away from the time or resources of Leatherneck Studios working on the MiG-21, or Belsimtek on the MiG-15.

Older or simpler aircraft don't need to take anything away from the more modern ones.

So - as long as there's a market to support something, and it's possible to do, it'll probably get done.

----

Like the CF-104 ... as per the OP, I'd like one of those. I don't care if it's not really the right variant, so long as I can slap an RCAF livery on it ;)

3_22.jpg

Edited by Vedexent

I think some of those are likely - some are not.

Some would take a long time, even if there was a commitment to making them by one of the developers.

Basically, the more modern it is, the more complex it is, the less likely it is, and the longer it will take.

In the meantime you will see older, simpler aircraft modules produced because a) They'll sell, and b) They fund the development of the newer, more complex aircraft.

I'd even be willing to see civilian aircraft enter the mix - not because I want to fly a 777 (I really don't) - but because the profits from civilian aircraft would help fund some of the more complex military aircraft. I don't have to put them on my server - and the people that want to do civil aviation don't have to put my MiG-21 on theirs.

The good thing is that with more development companies coming to the table, it's not and either/or thing anymore. AvioDev working on their C-101 doesn't take anything away from the time or resources of Leatherneck Studios working on the MiG-21, or Belsimtek on the MiG-15.

Older or simpler aircraft don't need to take anything away from the more modern ones.

So - as long as there's a market to support something, and it's possible to do, it'll probably get done.

----

Like the CF-104 ... as per the OP, I'd like one of those. I don't care if it's not really the right variant, so long as I can slap an RCAF livery on it ;)

3_22.jpg

I have all the first modules / lock on modern air combat / flaming cliffs 2 / ka-50 1/ ka-50 2 / A-10C / FC3 / combined arms / P-51D / UH-1H / .

I bought the P-51D as an experiment to see if I might like , but I did not like.

After the launch of A-10C I'm expecting new models of modern aircraft

long long long time waiting , that's not cool.

I think I'll look for a new hobby :(

Edited by block ii

this model was the great hope of new modern aircraft

unfortunately it did not work

unfortunately DCS was overrun by worshipers of old planes

http://www.overclock.net/t/1404982/kickstarter-f-35-a-lightning-ii-by-kinney-interactive-high-fidelity-combat-simulator-module

:megalol:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1404982/kickstarter-f-35-a-lightning-ii-by-kinney-interactive-high-fidelity-combat-simulator-module

Somehow I doubt an F35 could be made with any great fidelity. Too many of its systems are classified for any proper DCS module to be worth anyone's time.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Hey, you could have pledged the missing $40k+ if you thought the project looked so great ;). I decided it's not something I need in my life, so I didn't support the kickstarter - I don't see how that makes me a worshiper of anything ;).

You know that people not wanting what you want doesn't make them automatically wrong, or evil, right?

You can sulk about it, or you can do something about it.

No one is stopping you from putting together a development team, petitioning the manufacturers, and the U.S Department of Defense for the systems, flight, and performance data, and building it.

People have explained the situation to you 5 ways from Sunday, but if you think they're wrong, go for it.

They might even be wrong, and you'll succeed.

Best of luck.