"over the hump" for Mig21bis

Dirty Rotten Flieger

Hello fellow Mig21 flyers,

I adapted the Mig29 campaign "over the hump" for the Mig21bis

Enemies are mostly F5E, F4E, and some F16C in the final missions.

Enemies use Aim9p, Aim7m...no Aim120

Awac support and recce flights in all missions for "boggy dope" and increased your flight size from 2 to 4 Mig21bis.

Works great. As if it was made for Mig21bis. The missions are perfect length for Mig21 with drop tanks. Just take off and fly 90% till your flight catches up . This way they will not spend all their fuel on afterburner catching up to you.

I have played it 3 or 4 times through . Just love it. All the missions can be completed without dying but I often get killed and respawn, take off again then climb up high and fast to get over the mountain range to get back into the fight quickly. Mach 2 over 10000m.

I made a thread in the campaigns forum but Mig21 flyers will see it in this forum...

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/895430/

• Like 2

Had a slight hiccup. Unzipped it to but did not see it in my Campaign User TAB

I had loaded it into Campaign Builder, put some verbiage in the Campaign Description

Over the Hump (MiG-21bis version)

Dirty Rotten Flieger's Mig-21bis adaptation of MiG-29 campaign.

and did a File Save AS - it showed up right away

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

Ok glad you got it working. Let me know if any problems. I'll try to fix.

I put the description in as you suggested and I tweaked the AWACS so it has better coverage in all the missions and changed the default loadout to 800l drop tank 2x S3r and 2x S3s. I left the wingmen with max external fuel and 4x R60.

uploaded the file V3

Edited by Dirty Rotten Flieger

• 2 years later...

Gee it has been years since I made this campaign conversion. Sometimes the patches would break things and I long ago stopped fixing these problems.

You can open the problem mission in the editor and take a look at the mission goals.

If my memory serves me correctly the bomber has to reach the boarder after successfully dropping bombs... "fence out".

you should be able to find a circle trigger on the boarder for he bomber to fly through .

Hope that helps

• 4 weeks later...

This is pretty cool, I'm past mission 3. Going for some more. The MiG-21 needs some more love like this. thank you OP, rep inbound!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control