DC generator issues

rallisport

After coldstarting with a double check of the checklist, I'm experiencing a DC generator failure after about 15 to 20 minutes of flight. I haven't tried this yet but it just popped up in my head, should I turn the gpu off after the engine is started? Is this happening to anyone else?

I,m sorry guys, I meant the apu, not gpu.

It doesn't have an APU, it has an DC starter-generator & it should be still on after engine start, APU in the manual is misleading.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

• 3 weeks later...
It doesn't have an APU, it has an DC starter-generator & it should be still on after engine start, APU in the manual is misleading.

Wait, what? so the APU switch, next to the fire extinguished switch, which shows APU as a tooltip, isn't an APU?

I noticed the engine doesn't instantly fail when you turn this switch off, is that modeled incorrectly?

Wait, what? so the APU switch, next to the fire extinguished switch, which shows APU as a tooltip, isn't an APU?

I noticed the engine doesn't instantly fail when you turn this switch off, is that modeled incorrectly?

No it isnt APU, its a DC Starter-generator.

When starting it is used to spool up the engine and in this mode it uses batery power.

When engine is up and running it changes its fiunction to gerate DC power for electric systems.

Edit: I dont know what Starter-generator is used on R-25, but on R-13 it was GSR-ST-12000VT.

Edited by Golo