Difference between BS and BS2?

BS1 is an old stand alone product not compatible with anything else. It cannot be merged into DCS:W. On the other hand, BS2 is a fully integrated version of BS in DCS:W and as such, can be flown in MP with any other DCS module. Other new features it includes are an updated flight model, greatly improved graphics, improved sounds and some additional campaigns. Additionally, DCS:W2 is expected to be released this summer. This will add DX11 support and additional maps (new maps are not free, DCS:W2 is though). BS2 will be updated for free to the DCS:W2 standard, the old BS1 stand alone game will not.

BS1 predates A-10C by several years. I assume they simply couldn't merge it for whatever technical reason. In any case, I recommend getting BS2. It improves it in a lot of ways and is not at all expensive. I'm not sure if the upgrade is still available but the full BS2 module frequently goes on sale for as little as $10. Well worth the modest price imho.

BS1 has superior sound to BS2.

The switches in BS1 have more variety in sound especially the over head switches.

Also the sound of the pumps and running engines used to fall into a harmony during flight.... they used to sing.

The sound of the chopper could tell you if there was a problem...

That is not in BS2.

But generally BS2 is superior.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate. OpenXR, Open XR tool kit disabled.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC.

Vaicom user. Virpil Mongoose base CM3 & Mongoose stick CM2 (not set for dead stick), Virpil TCS with apache Grip. MFG pedals with damper upgrade. Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.

BS1 predates A-10C by several years. I assume they simply couldn't merge it for whatever technical reason. In any case, I recommend getting BS2. It improves it in a lot of ways and is not at all expensive. I'm not sure if the upgrade is still available but the full BS2 module frequently goes on sale for as little as $10. Well worth the modest price imho.

Upgraded it after 2 hours of posting this. Got it for 13 bucks :D

Yes

Thank you. Got the (STAEM) BS 2 (~9$) and install fine in DCS World.

I notice the lack of some switch's sounds mentioned above, but visually is noticeable the improvement over BS 1, the 'copter, the environment... :thumbup:

Edited by Sokol1_br

The difference is you paid $XX for the original BS. Then you had to pay $XX again just so you could fly around in DCS world. That's the only difference...

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

Oh and I almost forgot... When Edge comes out in 2022 you will have to pay $XX again :)

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

Oh and I almost forgot... When Edge comes out in 2022 you will have to pay $XX again :)

DCS World 2 is the next iteration of the Digital Combat Simulator (DCS) series that will include a new graphics engine (developed in our Eagle Dynamics Graphics Engine development environment). It will be a FREE update and all of your DCS World module keys will work with it.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You may. The rest of us, however, won't.

I have no problems flying in the Caucasus... Once you have seen one desert, you have seen them all.

"De oppresso liber"

I have no problems flying in the Caucasus... Once you have seen one desert, you have seen them all.

That has nothing to do with DCS 2.0, or it's potential cost to the consumer.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yeah...

-The End-

"De oppresso liber"