HSI ILS NOT! WORKING!

kainhall

im doing the landing hard training mission.... the hsi just doesnt work...

the needles just set at full down and full left.... they do not track.

the 2 red flags... K and the upside down L go away.... im in landing mode... and right on glide slope.... yet i get nothing.

ya, i understand its not critical... but the ability for the su to basically land it self is VERY cool to me..... and it does not work.

if you want to argue with me and say it does.... just fly the landing hard mission.... and try to get your HSI to work. if i can find where i left FRAPS.... ill even upload a youtube video.

fix this or release dcs world 2.0 which hopefully will fix it....this apparently worked in previous patches... gotta love patches that break more shit than they fix....

the ONLY thing i could think of that might break this would be the english cock pit mod.... going to uninstall it and see if it works and report back.

nope.... wasnt the english mod.....

and yes, i know im off cource and slightly too high.....but the needles on the HSI STAY!!!! like that no matter if im too high, to low, to the left, to the right, or prefect..... BROKEN!

wtf.thumb.jpg.33cba27814e584d58c94295303fff26f.jpg

the game instructions say "some air fields dont have the full ILS system, but you can still use the HSI"

also.... this video shows it working... the first part is the "easy" landing... watch from about 5:00 on..... as he lands, the needles move from side to side as they should.

at around 7:00 he explanes that you wont have it on the HUD.... but you will have some sort of glide slope indication.

either that or the tut needs to be updated...

Edited by kainhall

It's not working for me either. Much what the OP describes.

Even the Difficult landing training mission is not getting the localizer and glide slope needles working. And something else that I might add - the script is running a bit late in this mission - when the narrator starts describing the function of the needles I'm almost on the runway...

It's not working on other airfields which should have it as well...

im doing the landing hard training mission.... the hsi just doesnt work...

the needles just set at full down and full left.... they do not track.

the 2 red flags... K and the upside down L go away.... im in landing mode... and right on glide slope.... yet i get nothing.

ya, i understand its not critical... but the ability for the su to basically land it self is VERY cool to me..... and it does not work.

if you want to argue with me and say it does.... just fly the landing hard mission.... and try to get your HSI to work. if i can find where i left FRAPS.... ill even upload a youtube video.

fix this or release dcs world 2.0 which hopefully will fix it....this apparently worked in previous patches... gotta love patches that break more shit than they fix....

the ONLY thing i could think of that might break this would be the english cock pit mod.... going to uninstall it and see if it works and report back.

beslan does not have ILS/PRMG, so you can only rely on ADI and HUD.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

then why wasnt the tut changed? they only needed to re-record one paragraph....

also.... in the editor.... beslan DOES have an ils.

russian plane uses prmg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |