Salvo Amraams?

Hi, I'm having trouble launching an Amraam salvo at 4 bandits in a mission I set up. I go to TWS, but when I try to bug (lock onto) 1 target, it seems to go to STT. When in TWS and I get the contacts on my scope, when I launch multiple Amraams they seem to only lock onto the first target. I tried the Salvo Mode key but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Thanks for the help!!

-Steve

There is no 'salvo mode' key in the real F-15, but there is a way to launch a salvo - and it's not modeled in game.

As for AMRAAMs only locking onto the first target: Can't really judge what's going on without either a track, video, or something.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

If any of the targets are using ECM then the F-15's radar will switch to STT mode and only engage that one target, also if the targets are close together on the radar screen you could be accidentally locking one up that you've already locked, and that will send it to STT mode aswell.

To salvo missiles set a mission up with targets that have no internal ECM, eg the Su-27, make sure it has no ECM pods, and that the targets are spaced enough apart to make sure you don't lock the same one up twice.

Hi, I'm having trouble launching an Amraam salvo at 4 bandits in a mission I set up. I go to TWS, but when I try to bug (lock onto) 1 target, it seems to go to STT. When in TWS and I get the contacts on my scope, when I launch multiple Amraams they seem to only lock onto the first target.-Steve

You have to make sure you are manually bugging all the contacts you want to engage.

This means clicking on them all one by one only once. If you click twice on a contact in TWS your radar will switch to STT mode on that contact.

If you're going STT straight away you might be double clicking the contacts or there is some issue with your button assignment.

If your AMRAAMS are all going for the first target normally that means you only bugged the first guy, or, all your missiles lost lock early and reacquired the lead contact. If they are all bunched up this is very possible but you would expect some of the missiles to track on the other contacts.

What should happen...

When you bug (select) each target one by one, the first missile you fire goes to the first aircraft bugged, the second missile goes to the second. If you have 4 contacts bugged and you want to fire 2 missiles at each then the fifth missile goes to the 1st contact bugged, sixth to the second, and so on.

Below is a short video demoing an AMRAAM 'salvo' or the closest you can get to it on 4 bandits using TWS. I fire 2 missiles at each aircraft and all 8 missiles hit their respective targets.

0h7NZZmdGJU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

You can't launch AIM-120's simultaneously. In the real bird there's an interval between launches even if you use the salvo mode (tap weapons release quickly and then hold it down). This salvo mode is not modeled in the game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

You can't launch AIM-120's simultaneously.

That doesn't surprise me, since it usually works the same way with ejection seats, on two seaters, to prevent midair collisions. I meant to ask, if its proper technical term for shots being fired with intentional delay.

EDIT: For A/G weapons terms ripple quantity/ripple interval are usually used, is term "salvo" really used throughout official documentation for AIM-120?

Edited by Tombstone

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

Are you stepping on the rudder when launching that salvo Mav?

I dont use pedals chief, my rudder is on my joystick and I got a bit carried away pressing the button with my thumb to fire as quickly as I could that I ended up twisting the stick a bit... no one's perfect right ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

AFAIK you can still do this, now actually achieving the kills, well that's another story altogether.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

• 3 weeks later...

I've been reading the manual and found this thread when I searched for TWS.

My experience with is with Falcon, and in the F-16C there is an easy way to cycle targets in TWS (with TMS-right). Here it looks like you have to manually designate each target? I will give it a try, but I am surprised if there is not a more elegant way to do this.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Sure, I knew exactly what I was buying with FC3. I think it is very well done. It's just that in this case the "easier" sim is more difficult than the "harder" sim.:P

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria