SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

Sorry, I dont understood "without in between vibrations" here. What does this mean?

Sorry, by this I mean that when driving my car, I feel large bumps as I move from one block of tarmac to the next. As the tyres move over the join I get a jolt. But, I also get constant vibrations whilst running over the road surface as a whole.

Currently in simshaker, I get the jolts but not the continual vibrations I would expect whilst moving down the runway.

Are you planning on implementing vibrations for the duration of the gear travel too? The initial bumps and end bump is nice, but again I when flying normally I feel the gears total movement in retraction/deployment not just the initial and end bumps.

Many thanks,

Smirks

Cheers,

Smirkza

Sorry, by this I mean that when driving my car, I feel large bumps as I move from one block of tarmac to the next. As the tyres move over the join I get a jolt. But, I also get constant vibrations whilst running over the road surface as a whole.

Currently in simshaker, I get the jolts but not the continual vibrations I would expect whilst moving down the runway.

I got it. Thank you.

You are the first who asked for continual vibrations. I think it may be implemented. Why not?

The initial bumps and end bump is nice, but again I when flying normally I feel the gears total movement in retraction/deployment not just the initial and end bumps.

Are you talking about real aircraft flying?

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I got it. Thank you.

You are the first who asked for continual vibrations. I think it may be implemented. Why not?

Are you talking about real aircraft flying?

Hey Andre,

Great about the continual runway vibrations. It may be that with the engine vibrations on you won't feel them, but it all adds up I think to give the most realistic feeling.

Yes real aircraft (when going on holiday/business trips). The landing gear always makes the plane vibrate when retracting/deploying throughout the whole movement, with bigger locking vibrations like you currently have.

Testing continues :)

Smirks

Cheers,

Smirkza

Hey Andre,

Great about the continual runway vibrations. It may be that with the engine vibrations on you won't feel them, but it all adds up I think to give the most realistic feeling.

Yes real aircraft (when going on holiday/business trips). The landing gear always makes the plane vibrate when retracting/deploying throughout the whole movement, with bigger locking vibrations like you currently have.

Testing continues :)

Smirks

Ok. I will try to add it a bit later.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello Andre,

Belly landing after intentionally overhaeting my daimler benz engine and effect was good. Unfourtnately there is now effect for the guns within the Bf 109. I will try later this week if there is an gun effect within P 51 or Fw 190. I didnt found a adjustable gain level for the modul planes and there is also no mark on gun effect for the Bf 109. Otherwise all things function very good.

In regard to smirkas intention to the in between vibration for runway bumps and gear i support this idea.

Thank you for the great addon

Avidflyer

Hello Andre,

Belly landing after intentionally overhaeting my daimler benz engine and effect was good.

Hello Avidflyer,

I'm very glad that you are satisfied with that.

Unfourtnately there is now effect for the guns within the Bf 109. I will try later this week if there is an gun effect within P 51 or Fw 190.

I didnt found a adjustable gain level for the modul planes and there is also no mark on gun effect for the Bf 109. Otherwise all things function very good.

You are right, gun fire effect for Bf-109 is not implemented yet.

Adjustable gain level sliders for all the planes are at the first tab page (Planes FC3).

In regard to smirkas intention to the in between vibration for runway bumps and gear i support this idea.

Roger that.

Thank you for the great addon

You are welcome )) Thanks a lot for your feedback!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Andre,

I just wondered if the cannon effect is currently a placeholder that will change once the full version is out?

I ask as the A10C cannon effect makes the buttkicker vibrate intermittently (feels very irregular) unless you have the gain right down, in which case I only just feel it.

Also the runway vibration seems to drop out every so often when moving down the runway, like it drops a loop. So it's like 1,1,1,1,1,1,0,1,1,1,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,0 etc (same for the cannon actually).

I also wonder if it is worth having a default setup config on the Buttkicker preamp for testing so all feedback you get can be correlated correctly to make your life easier? Currently, we could all have different settings on our preamps which could change the way we feel things and alter our feedback for you?

I hope my comments are helping and not just giving you a headache? :)

Many thanks,

Smirks

Cheers,

Smirkza

Hi Andre,

I just wondered if the cannon effect is currently a placeholder that will change once the full version is out?

I ask as the A10C cannon effect makes the buttkicker vibrate intermittently (feels very irregular) unless you have the gain right down, in which case I only just feel it.

Also the runway vibration seems to drop out every so often when moving down the runway, like it drops a loop. So it's like 1,1,1,1,1,1,0,1,1,1,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,0 etc (same for the cannon actually).

Hi Smirks,

Drops can occur for gun firing. For me it's still hard to find the reason why, in my opinion it depends on FPS variation. Cause Simshaker gets information after every frame of simulation. But that's not related to moving down the runway. I should have a thought about it. May be there is an other reason about your rig.

Yes, the cannon effect is currently a placeholder for some aircrafts. I mean that it may be customized for every plane.

Currently .waw files for different planes are equal, except the files for Dora's machineguns. I think enthusiastic one could help me customize those files using Audacity sound editor and 'Use My Own .WAV Files' option.

I also wonder if it is worth having a default setup config on the Buttkicker preamp for testing so all feedback you get can be correlated correctly to make your life easier? Currently, we could all have different settings on our preamps which could change the way we feel things and alter our feedback for you?

I would like you to keep habitual settings at this stage. Let's try to use Gain Level sliders at SimShaker GUI and I'll try to change .waw files amplitude at my side.

I hope my comments are helping and not just giving you a headache? :)

The comments really help me to make a better software. Don't worry, keep going, it's OK ))

Kind regards,

Andrey

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As the tyres move over the join I get a jolt. But, I also get constant vibrations whilst running over the road surface as a whole.

I don't feel any vibrations in between road seams driving in a car unless it's in a garbage condition.

I don't feel any vibrations in between road seams driving in a car unless it's in a garbage condition.

I'd love to have the roads/cars you do, as I certainly do. :D

I'm not talking bone shattering rumbles here, just a gentle hum.

Cheers,

Smirkza

Hello Andre!

I have been reading all the forum posts, and this seems great!

I have a buttkicker, but am not a contributor yet. I would like to be though, and I would also like to be able to test the simshaker module for DCS since the buttkicker is all I have.

Would you please send me a link to where I can contribute, and may I also try out the hardware? I'm really looking forward to getting some proper vibrations in DCS and not feeling people on TeamSpeak speaking in my bum. :)

Thanks in advance!

/Emil

Hi Andre!

I have a litte problem:

I just added a Asus Xonar soundcard to my computer, before I only had onboard sound.

I connected buttkicker to the onboard soundcard, and I can feel the vibrations when testing it with the simshaker module.

But when I start the simshaker for DCS World module, I can't choose my sound device, there are none listed.

Any advice?:helpsmilie:

simshaker77k3f.png

Edited by Nirvi

Hi Andre!

I have a litte problem:

I just added a Asus Xonar soundcard to my computer, before I only had onboard sound.

I connected buttkicker to the onboard soundcard, and I can feel the vibrations when testing it with the simshaker module.

But when I start the simshaker for DCS World module, I can't choose my sound device, there are none listed.

Nirvi, I'm not sure if this is a fix for you but for me to get it working I had to go through this order -

1.) Start Simshaker Buttkicker Module & select the soundcard (press test to make sure it works)

2.) Keep the above module open, then load main Simshaker program & make sure export .lua is ticked

3.) Keep both the above open, then load DCS as usual and it should work when in game.

4.) Be ready to fiddle with the gain settings to get an even output in the buttkicker (cannon are massively energetic compared to runway vibrations, for example)

I tried for ages without keeping the extra simshaker module open and wondered why it wouldn't work. Keeping both open fixed it.

Hope this helps,

Smirks

Cheers,

Smirkza

Hello Andre!

I have been reading all the forum posts, and this seems great!

I have a buttkicker, but am not a contributor yet. I would like to be though, and I would also like to be able to test the simshaker module for DCS since the buttkicker is all I have.

Would you please send me a link to where I can contribute, and may I also try out the hardware? I'm really looking forward to getting some proper vibrations in DCS and not feeling people on TeamSpeak speaking in my bum. :)

Thanks in advance!

/Emil

Hello Emil,

the link is below, at my signature. Please support SimShaker further development and welcome aboard.

The perks are:

USD20 - Sound Mode Expansion for free;

USD10 - Sound Mode Expansion 50% discount;

all the contributors can test Sound Mode Expansion while development process and influence the process.

Cheers!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Andre!

I have a litte problem:

simshaker77k3f.png

Hi Nirvi!

Please don't try to choose sound device at the Simshaker for DCS World module. Try to choose buttkicker-tied soundcard at the Simshaker Sound Module instead.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello Emil,

the link is below, at my signature. Please support SimShaker further development and welcome aboard.

The perks are:

USD20 - Sound Mode Expansion for free;

USD10 - Sound Mode Expansion 50% discount;

all the contributors can test Sound Mode Expansion while development process and influence the process.

Cheers!

Thanks Andre!

I just donated. :) May I try the sound mode expansion? Awesome work by the way! :thumbup:

Getting ready to :pilotfly:

/Emil

Thanks Andre!

I just donated. :) May I try the sound mode expansion? Awesome work by the way! :thumbup:

Getting ready to :pilotfly:

/Emil

Thanks a lot, Emil. Please, join the discussion.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Nirvi!

Please don't try to choose sound device at the Simshaker for DCS World module. Try to choose buttkicker-tied soundcard at the Simshaker Sound Module instead.

Hi Andre

Thanks for your fast answer.

I did this, and when testing it, I can feel the bump. But when I'm ingame, I have no effects.

Hi Andre

Thanks for your fast answer.

I did this, and when testing it, I can feel the bump. But when I'm ingame, I have no effects.

Hi Nirvi,

you are welcome.

Do you have any activity at 'SimShaker for DCS World' --> View --> Show Debug Info window while in game?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Nirvi,

you are welcome.

Do you have any activity at 'SimShaker for DCS World' --> View --> Show Debug Info window while in game?

I have to check this evening, will report back.

But I am pretty sure I saw the Debug info with "Connected to DCS World", flying the Huey and all the parameters.

If it helps:

I have buttkicker connected to the frontpanel of the onboard soundcard, and my headset with ingame sound to the asus xonar.