Question about FreeTrack

@GeorgeLKMT I don't like it that much (FaceTrackNoIR) looks less responsive to my head movements then FreeTrack,sometimes the image jumps a little or is not well centered.

FreeTrack was working great, smooth and accurate motion and very easy to set-up.

PS:My cam is a PS3 Eye with it's ir blocking filter removed.

Edited by ___ArK___

Not sure how freetrack works but with facetrackNOIR you have to copy a dll file into the dcs/bin folder, headtracker.dll, perhaps freetrack has the same problem.

I would switch over to facetrackNOIR through bro, out of all three of them, opentrack, facetrackNOIR and freetrack, I had the least amount of headaches with facetrackNOIR.

@Nevyn i used both of them, FreeTrack and FaceTrackNoIr with the same setup in WarThunder, and FreeTrack was definitely better for me, that's why i want it to work. I will try the headtracker.dll think to see if it work's with FreeTrack.

Is someone out there that uses FreeTrack, any ideea how to get it to work in DCS?

Edited by ___ArK___

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently using FreeTrack. I have HeadTracker.dll in both by bin folder and in a HeadTracker folder within the bin folder. It has been awhile since I set this up so I am not sure which of these is actually doing the work. Did you ever get yours to work?

My friend uses FaceTrackNOIR with a TrackIR Pro-clip.

I believe the headtracker dll for FTNOIR is from the FreeTrack project.

At least it was a one stage.

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro