Cockpit and Aircraft Surfaces Load Blacked-Out

JINX_1391

Hey all, I've searched around and haven't found any related threads for this issue I'm having so here it goes.

After I select my aircraft (only with F15C) > Briefing > Fly; the game generates and my cockpit/entire aircraft loads blacked-out. Even other aircraft appear black.

Things I've tried:

Switch to other aircraft = cockpit and aircraft load fine

Switch to single player = cockpit and aircraft load fine

Switch aircraft (like from Blue Lead 1 to Blue 4 etc) = Same issue

Reload Server = Same issue

Switch Server = Same issue

MODs/No MODs = Same issue

DCS Repair = Same issue

DCS Reinstall = Same issue

Anomalies:

With the blacked-out cockpit I can still turn on HUD, RWR, and Left Display (Rshift-L)

One night while trying to figure this out I was hoping in and out of the 104th server when the mission reset. After the mission reset everything worked and loaded fine.

Also, sometimes the F15C skin will load but just the interior cockpit will be blacked out.

I'll try to grab some screen shots when I get home later.

Thanks all.

[sIGPIC]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn266/JINX1391/jinx%20f99th%20sig_zps2hgu4xsl.png[/sIGPIC]

"90% of the people who actually got to fly the F/A-18C

module there (E3 2017) have never even heard of DCS

or are otherwise totally undeserving pieces of trash."

-Pyromanic4002

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_ltsb.150715-0840)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: Inspiron 5748

BIOS: A04

Processor: Intel® Core i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.0GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8096MB RAM

Page File: 6145MB used, 4634MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.17415 64bit Unicode

DxDiag Previously: Crashed in system information (stage 4). Re-running DxDiag with "dontskip" command line parameter or choosing not to bypass information gathering when prompted might result in DxDiag successfully obtaining this information

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

[sIGPIC]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn266/JINX1391/jinx%20f99th%20sig_zps2hgu4xsl.png[/sIGPIC]

-Pyromanic4002

Ah, of the other problems I'm having with DCS this is another. User>[me]>saved games = empty folder. Nothing is in there.

Since this hasn't ever been an issue it is lower on my "fix it" list.

-Pyromanic4002

Ok, well now the ejection seat and stick appear but cockpit and canopy still black.

-Pyromanic4002

My GPU is the stock Intel® HD Graphics 4400 that came with the laptop. I've never had an issue with it so I don't feel like that is an issue.

Update however, last night after I reset the folders to default and the ejection seat and flight stick appeared I did a restart. Re-booted the game and everything flipped. Meaning the cockpit and canopy loaded fine, but the ejection seat and flight stick were blacked out. So still an issue there somewhere, but at least I was 89% happy. Which is 98% more than I've been all week.

-Pyromanic4002

I checked after the reset to default folders and no DCS file was created in the saved games folder. I did not look after the restart, but I will when I get home later.

I'm not sure if this is a symptom or not (related to the saved game issue) but during my last reinstall I created the game in the Program Files folder, rather than the Program Files (x86) folder.

Sorry if that is a hugely dumb thing to do....but I'm generally a noob when it comes to this stuff.

I've had to Google almost every question here; GPU/DXDiag all fun things I'm learning as I go.

-Pyromanic4002

I checked after the reset to default folders and no DCS file was created in the saved games folder. I did not look after the restart, but I will when I get home later.

I'm not sure if this is a symptom or not (related to the saved game issue) but during my last reinstall I created the game in the Program Files folder, rather than the Program Files (x86) folder.

Sorry if that is a hugely dumb thing to do....but I'm generally a noob when it comes to this stuff.

I've had to Google almost every question here; GPU/DXDiag all fun things I'm learning as I go.

That's where it is supposed to be.

Loss for words now. Came home; no DCS saved game folder. So complete uninstall and cleared all related folders from program files. Restarted computer, logged into DCS, clicked on DCS World Download, and then clicked on the first of the seven DCS files...

nothing page will not load. WTH? Tried all seven, nothing. Tried in Chrome and tried in IE, nothing.

:helpsmilie:

-Pyromanic4002

Loss for words now. Came home; no DCS saved game folder. So complete uninstall and cleared all related folders from program files. Restarted computer, logged into DCS, clicked on DCS World Download, and then clicked on the first of the seven DCS files...

nothing page will not load. WTH? Tried all seven, nothing. Tried in Chrome and tried in IE, nothing.

:helpsmilie:

If all 6 bin files as well as the exe file are contained within a single folder you should be able to install DCS by double clicking the exe file. You don't need to download all the files again from DCS World, just reinstall DCS from the files you already have then run a manual update from the start menu.

Edited by Blooze

Hey all, I've searched around and haven't found any related threads for this issue I'm having so here it goes.

After I select my aircraft (only with F15C) > Briefing > Fly; the game generates and my cockpit/entire aircraft loads blacked-out. Even other aircraft appear black.

Things I've tried:

Switch to other aircraft = cockpit and aircraft load fine

Switch to single player = cockpit and aircraft load fine

Switch aircraft (like from Blue Lead 1 to Blue 4 etc) = Same issue

Reload Server = Same issue

Switch Server = Same issue

MODs/No MODs = Same issue

DCS Repair = Same issue

DCS Reinstall = Same issue

Anomalies:

With the blacked-out cockpit I can still turn on HUD, RWR, and Left Display (Rshift-L)

One night while trying to figure this out I was hoping in and out of the 104th server when the mission reset. After the mission reset everything worked and loaded fine.

Also, sometimes the F15C skin will load but just the interior cockpit will be blacked out.

I'll try to grab some screen shots when I get home later.

Thanks all.

Check this http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=140852 - If i`m understand you well...

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

If all 6 bin files as well as the exe file are contained within a single folder you should be able to install DCS by double clicking the exe file. You don't need to download all the files again from DCS World, just reinstall DCS from the files you already have then run a manual update from the start menu.

Wiped those too before I tried the re-install. Before I left the house this morning I did a system recover to two days prior. Hopefully those bin files will be restored during the recover. Then I will isolate those, de-install, and reinstall DCS.

Before I submitted the above ^ I checked the ticket I put in last night with DCS about page availibility. Seems like it may have been on their end:

Hello,

please try again.

Best regards,

Eagle Dynamics IT Team

-Pyromanic4002

Check this http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=140852 - If i`m understand you well...

Thanks Falcon, the screen captures from that thread are what I am seeing. After reading through that thread I am experiencing one difference. I can select other aircraft platforms on the server, and their cockpit loads just fine (A-10A, Frogfoot, etc.).

I think it is a file problem at the root cause.

Last night I was frustrated...but today I'm excited to make this work and get back to being NOOB fodder on DCS.

-Pyromanic4002

-Update: Downloading the .bin files was a ED problem on their side. Once resolved they worked; also backed up a copy onto an external HD so I can grab them quickly in the future.

DCS SP/MP loaded without any issues and I was blessed with around a four hour MP session on Friday night. Although I was 0/9, but that is because of my new'ness.

Thanks everyone for your help.

-Pyromanic4002

-Update: Downloading the .bin files was a ED problem on their side. Once resolved they worked; also backed up a copy onto an external HD so I can grab them quickly in the future.

DCS SP/MP loaded without any issues and I was blessed with around a four hour MP session on Friday night. Although I was 0/9, but that is because of my new'ness.

Thanks everyone for your help.

:thumbup:

toothless-man-2.jpg.323db678458367fb9f2b1a2c663e03c8.jpg