Fairly new, few questions

Chann3l

I purchased the su27 module a little while ago and found that I really enjoyed it. The other day I purchased the f15 module and have been having a blast with it, so much so that I purchased the basic qualifications mission pack from maple flag missions.

I have noticed that outside of the campaign the f15 has only 2 standalone missions. Is there a good resource to obtain more missions or do most of you guys just use the editor and create your own?

I'm also wondering if anyone else has noticed that the option to show pilot is in the f15 control set as well as a "clickable" cockpit option though he functionality is not there. Is this something that has been confirmed to be added in the future?

As for Multiplayer, what is the community like? As in, is it pretty easy to just jump into a game, or is being part of a clan almost a prerequisite like with something like Arma 3? I don't plan on playing Multiplayer until I am completely familiarized with the f15 but I would like to eventually.

Welcome to the forums! Like you say, aside from the Bear Trap campaign and the 2 standalone missions that's about it for F-15 in single player. The more skilled mission creators in the community have made plenty of missions however for all DCS aircraft, so I'm sure if you visit the DCS user files website and filter to missions you'll stumble on some eagle ones. You can like you say make your own in the ME, but this is time consuming and gets a little repetitive once you play the same mission over and over.

As far as I know ED haven't officially confirmed a full fidelity F-15C for the future, so until an announcement is made I'm afraid we have to keep that one as a fantasy :cry:

Multiplayer is good fun and probably the best thing to do within DCS for something new & different each time, well designed missions and not to mention it's great flying around with other people rather than AI bots. You don't have to be in a clan (more commonly virtual squadrons in DCS) in most of the servers, though if you are interested in joining one some of them have websites where they lay out the process. If you just want to fly around in multiplayer with other people with 0 threat, the Virtual Acrobatics Server is a great place to start, usually nice and busy and full of others who just want a free flight.

Hi Chan3l, welcome!

As you can see i am fairly new as well. About F-15 missions, i don't know much about it. Someone else will have to help you on this.

With regard to multiplayer, i have been extremely well received and helped on multiple servers.

Out of personal experience i can say that there are 2 servers which helped me the most. The first is the Virtual aerobatics server. They have plenty of players on it at any time and on their Teamspeak there are veterans who will teach you whatever you want to know. Even startup procedures. Since there is no combat in it, all you have to worry about is taming the plane.

The other is the 159th. This is a great server to learn Air-to-Air/Air-to-Ground combat. They don't have many restrictions (3rd person, spectate others, AWACS, etc.) so they make it easy to get around the basics. The players on it are a nice bunch and they too will teach you anything regarding combat. Just don't be afraid to ask!

I am sure there a plenty of other servers which will do the same. So definitely try multiplayer! It's fun! :pilotfly:

Edited by Vectury

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-- i7 4790K

-- Club 3D R9 290X Royal Ace SOC

-- Asus Maximus VII Ranger

-- G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3-2400 CL10

-- Gelid Tranquillo rev.2

-- Corsair RM850

-- Corsair 760T White

-- Windows 10

Awesome, thank you both for responding. I can fly the f15 pretty confidently and I have a pretty good understanding of the weapons systems (I can take down ai planes no problem). I think I'll check out the Arial acrobatics server and just get a feel for the Multiplayer before I start trying to engage in combat with other players lol.

I have noticed that outside of the campaign the f15 has only 2 standalone missions. Is there a good resource to obtain more missions or do most of you guys just use the editor and create your own?

Hey, try this link - it's an excellent (so they say, as I don't know how to fly this beast yet) campaign by feefifofum.

• Like 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hi and welcome :)

Be prepared for a steep(actually infinite) learning curve in air to air combat and you'll be fine.

Also I recommend asking people about things a lot. There are many many unwritten secrets about game specific functionalities alone, that are nowhere to be found except hearsay.

On the other hand, don't take what people say at face value. Instead, test to see if it's true! There are many people eager to help, and among the correct information there is always some false information floating around ;)

Hi and welcome :)

Be prepared for a steep(actually infinite) learning curve in air to air combat and you'll be fine.

Also I recommend asking people about things a lot. There are many many unwritten secrets about game specific functionalities alone, that are nowhere to be found except hearsay.

On the other hand, don't take what people say at face value. Instead, test to see if it's true! There are many people eager to help, and among the correct information there is always some false information floating around ;)

Thanks for the advice. I really like that everything that you do in dcs feels like an accomplishment. I know the f15 is really easy to start up but it's feels good just getting it ready for take off and requesting startup and taxi from the tower. I have really started to get used to all the weapons systems. I need to work on maneuverability though and early missile detection within visual range. I have no difficulties deploying long range attacks and am fairly confident in my close arrange ability on the offensive. The defense is still a problem lol.

A lot of content in DCS is user generated, you can search for missions in the user files section:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/

If you have any interest in building missions, the ME can be pretty powerful. There is a video tutorial series on it.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Thanks ya that's where I found the maple flag missions stuff. I'll have to take some time and check out the editor. I've always had fun playing around in the editor in every game that has had one so I can't imagine I will have too many issues with this one.

By the way, as for multiplayer, i found a really nice server to just mess around at. It's called [Open Conflict]. It is setup in such a way you can just do whatever you want and try A2A or A2G really easily. You should definitely check it out! :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-- i7 4790K

-- Club 3D R9 290X Royal Ace SOC

-- Asus Maximus VII Ranger

-- G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3-2400 CL10

-- Gelid Tranquillo rev.2

-- Corsair RM850

-- Corsair 760T White

-- Windows 10

By the way, as for multiplayer, i found a really nice server to just mess around at. It's called [Open Conflict]. It is setup in such a way you can just do whatever you want and try A2A or A2G really easily. You should definitely check it out! :joystick:

Oh awesome, that sounds perfect for practicing. I'll look for it tonight.