---- STARTUP: moved emergency flood switchoff after APU powering

---- LIGHTS: added normal visibility cases for LANDING/TAXI lights

- Minor additions

---- AIR TO AIR REFUELING: added refueling lights entries

- Changed EMERGENCY category main color to red

---- Section titles

---- Page border

- Changed night and low visibility graphics

I also created a slightly differently formatted version of the document, following some MP feedback: tell me if you prefer this one or the previous version.

Procedures2.pdf

Edited by Gliptal

v0.13.0

- Minor changes

- Layout changes

---- Added cover page image

---- Added header to each page

- Added customizations to the APPENDIX

---- Added MFCDS customization

---- Added TAD customization

These new customization are what I think are useful or convenient settings: if you have different ideas, share them!

Very handy and nice!

A couple of changes I'd make:

1) Given the time it takes, avionics page=other, CDU on, EGI on could be done before setting the left and right throttles to idle. Saves time.

2) Unless I missed something, you forgot to set the alignment from GROUND to NAV, and because of that the EGI cannot be selected on the NMSP (you can see in the picture below that NAV is still lit on the caution light panel). So once the EGI has completed the alignment,

- NAV with LSK R3 on the CDU

- only then select EGI on NMSP.

(or maybe that's what you meant by "CDU NAV", but I took that as selecting the NAV page from the button?)

Thanks for the checklist, great work! :)

NAV.jpg.cba066e3fa7802dc0757cd7a287f1771.jpg

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Very handy and nice!

A couple of changes I'd make:

1) Given the time it takes, avionics page=other, CDU on, EGI on could be done before setting the left and right throttles to idle. Saves time.

2) Unless I missed something, you forgot to set the alignment from GROUND to NAV, and because of that the EGI cannot be selected on the NMSP (you can see in the picture below that NAV is still lit on the caution light panel). So once the EGI has completed the alignment,

- NAV with LSK R3 on the CDU

- only then select EGI on NMSP.

(or maybe that's what you meant by "CDU NAV", but I took that as selecting the NAV page from the button?)

Thanks for the checklist, great work! :)

1) Thought the engines had to be on for the alignment to start, I'll change it if the APU is enough.

2) Yes that's exactly what I meant. I'll try and reoword it.

1) Thought the engines had to be on for the alignment to start, I'll change it if the APU is enough.

2) Yes that's exactly what I meant. I'll try and reoword it.

For (1), I thought so too, but tried it once and it seemed more natural. Then I realized it was actually like that in the startup procedure described in the flight manual (p. 434-435), it seems legit.

I guess that (2) is obvious once you are more familiar with the CDU, might be just me being confused between the two NAV's as I was trying to ingest how this system was organized. To be honest, the flight manual isn't the gentlest approach to learning it ;)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Great checklist, is it possible to get it to show on the knee board?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I honestly don't know, I've never used the kneeboard. It's a normal .pdf, so if .pdf is a format that the kneeboard accepts I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Great checklist, is it possible to get it to show on the knee board

Sure...

Just make screenshots of the neccessary pages, crop them and save the pics in the right order (numbering) in the 'correct' folder.

Sorry that I cannot name the folder: I'm currently not at my PC. Will come back later with the path.

If you post an example of a cropped page I can see if it's viable for me to create an archive with pngs as well as the pdf for each update.

Enclosed are the first pages (just the startup) for a check.

The files have to be put directly (read: no subfolder) in:

C:\users\[yourlogin]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Kneeboard\A-10C\

Create this folder if it doesn't exist.

Shortcuts for managing the kneeboard:

R_Shift+k: Toggle kneeboard

R_Alt+k: Glance at kneeboard

'+' and ']': flip pages

checklist.zip

v0.14.0

- STARTUP changes

---- added footnote regarding CDU and EGI start time

I've also added an attachment on the OP with the cropped (and uncropped) images of the .pdf pages, to have the checklist on the ingame kneeboard: instructions are in the readme in the archive itself.

• 1 month later...
You mean the whole thing? The only way I see it working is making a .pdf where every page has 4 pages in really small fontsize. I can look into it if you want.

yeah, one page or 2 should be a good one to print and keep it in the side.

Frequent things in one page and less frequent things on the other, may be :)