M-2000C for DCS World by RAZBAM - Available for Pre-Purchase

MemphisBelle

I'm 95% sure that the pilot says 'j'ai l'avion'. The two officers have very different voice pitches

Well, I would have said 80% for myself, but let's not nitpick. ;)

That doesn't make me more inclined to think the pilot pulled out of the dive. Quite the opposite in fact.

It may also have been a "dual input" scenario.

spacer.png

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The speaking makes me think that the pilot takes back control after a short time of "absence".

Basically:

Pilot: Ok I have controls

WSO: Do you have control ?

Pilot: Yes I do

Pilot should have had controls during the whole maneuver.

If he needs to specify he has controls, and WSO feels the need to request confirmation, I think something went wrong and WSO had to grab the stick...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I don't know who recovered the dive i'm just almost certain who says what.

It's difficult to interpret what does the pilot means by 'j'ai l'avion' . Does he mean 'i'm in control' like the WSO was in control before and the pilot is back in control like i though is what to be said when the crew switch who is flying the plane...

Or does he mean 'i'm in control' like i flew the plane in trouble but i managed to fly it out of trouble again and we are now back to normal.

How are pilots switching comand post anyway ? Are controls fully synchronised or one have priority over other or other ... ?

The speaking makes me think that the pilot takes back control after a short time of "absence".

Basically:

Pilot: Ok I have controls

WSO: Do you have control ?

Pilot: Yes I do

Pilot should have had controls during the whole maneuver.

If he needs to specify he has controls, and WSO feels the need to request confirmation, I think something went wrong and WSO had to grab the stick...

I also think this is the case. It seems strange the pilot would make a controlled manuever that ended at 100ft with such a maximum performance pullout.

It's difficult to interpret what does the pilot means by 'j'ai l'avion' . Does he mean 'i'm in control' like the WSO was in control before and the pilot is back in control like i though is what to be said when the crew switch who is flying the plane...

Or does he mean 'i'm in control' like i flew the plane in trouble but i managed to fly it out of trouble again and we are now back to normal.

How are pilots switching comand post anyway ? Are controls fully synchronised or one have priority over other or other ... ?

Yes, the pilot, by saying he has the aircraft, means he is taking control again. Sometimes this would include a small stick shake to let the other crewman know he has positive control but not always. This statement is basic multi-crew airmanship. Judging from the communications translation, the WSO recovered the aircraft while the pilot was still recovering from GLOC.

Every aircraft I have been in with multiple pilotable positions, the controls are all connected together. I assume the Mirage 2000D is the same.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

I also think this is the case. It seems strange the pilot would make a controlled manuever that ended at 100ft with such a maximum performance pullout.

I think the pilot was not K.O but confused and did not realize the plane was in dive at incredible speed and so close to the ground... i think, he realised at the very last moment (when WSO panicked) and emergency pulled up.

Flight controls are mechanically linked.

Pilots shouldn't switch in the 2000D: the front guy is a pilot, the rear guy is not.

The fact that the rear guy has controls at his disposal is just because the airplane was designed on the basis of the trainer variant 2000B.

Every aircraft I have been in with multiple pilotable positions, the controls are all connected together. I assume the Mirage 2000D is the same.

The Mirage 2000D is. Not every aircraft though, e.g. all Airbuses since A320 (1988+) have controls that are not physically interconnected (and thousands of forum pages to discuss the pro/cons of this, I'm just saying).

am I correct there is Mirage for nuclear attack too.

There is, but not the one from Razbam nor from the video. Refer to this.

Edited by Azrayen
typo

spacer.png

The Mirage 2000D is. Not every aircraft though, e.g. all Airbuses since A320 (1988) have controls that are not physically interconnected (and thousands of forum pages to discuss the pro/cons of this, I'm just saying).

I have never worked on the flight controls of an A320 so I could not speak to that... hence the caveat of "aircraft I have been in". I have only worked on the flight controls of F/A-18D/F, EA-18G and S-3B aircraft that have dual controls in the cockpit. I would assume the F-16B/D/F/I would have a stick without mechanical linkages as well. I don't follow most airliner news so that is interesting to note about the A-320.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

@ Vampyre: caveat dully noted, the Airbus exemple was just a side note.

@ Gliptal: The pressure stick is indeed the "issue" preventing the mechanical linkage. You're right, the dual seater Vipers are an example of fighter with not physically interconnected flight controls. Rafale would be another.

OTOH the FBW is "irrelevent" per se (in the sense that if it allows absence of, it doesn't prevent presence of mechanical linkage): Mirage 2000s is FBW too (as F/A-18s BTW, and a few others).

Edited by Azrayen

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
hi everyone,

I bought DCS by steam, if i clearly undersand i can't purchase the M2000 for beta test. Am I right?

thanks

DCSW is free to play, what do you mean by "bought"?

Anyway, you can download the standalone and buy the M2000 from EDs store.

DCSW is free to play, what do you mean by "bought"?

Anyway, you can download the standalone and buy the M2000 from EDs store.

This is incomplete advice. I assume he means that he purchased DCS modules on steam. It is possible to transfer Steam modules to the standalone DCS, but not the other way around. If you want to stick with Steam, then do not buy modules from the ED Store. The Mirage will be available on Steam at a later date.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would really like to know when the pre-purchase discount is ending, so I can make some December/January wallet planning.

I understand, modules are in development, fixed dates are nothing publishers/developers want to talk about, since customers will backfire on them, if they exceed these dates.

But knowing until when the discount will last is not a lot to ask? After all, they will release a 'beta' version, not a finished product from one day to the next.

I am currently in the buyer paralysis of "Either Mirage now or (Polychop-Sims) Gazelle, if it will be released before February".

I would really like to know when the pre-purchase discount is ending, so I can make some December/January wallet planning.

I understand, modules are in development, fixed dates are nothing publishers/developers want to talk about, since customers will backfire on them, if they exceed these dates.

But knowing until when the discount will last is not a lot to ask? After all, they will release a 'beta' version, not a finished product from one day to the next.

I am currently in the buyer paralysis of "Either Mirage now or (Polychop-Sims) Gazelle, if it will be released before February".

The discount will end when the aircraft is released in the initial beta phase. ETA is mid December. (Subject to change). Something very similar was recently done with ED's L39C, as well as the Nevada Alpha release. That is after all the reason why it is called a pre-purchase discount.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

• 2 weeks later...
This is incomplete advice. I assume he means that he purchased DCS modules on steam. It is possible to transfer Steam modules to the standalone DCS, but not the other way around. If you want to stick with Steam, then do not buy modules from the ED Store. The Mirage will be available on Steam at a later date.

Thank you! I was looking for this answer. They should make it clearer in the modules page.

And what about the Razbam store? Would it possible to transfer it to Steam?

Apparently it's Steam that doesn't want anymore to "bother" with managing keys purchased from outside.

It's safer to assume that only what you bought on Steam will work within a DCS Steam installation.

spacer.png

Thank you! I was looking for this answer. They should make it clearer in the modules page.
They have made it abundantly clear on multiple occasions.

No.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I have tried just about everything I can think of to get the Mirage installed with no luck. For some reason the updater will not update. I have tried running the updater from the command line etc. What am I doing wrong here? This stuff should not be this complicated. After entering the game, nothing shows up under the module manager. If I enter the module manager, zero modules show up and I get an error message telling me to try again later. This happens on both DCS 1.5 and 2.0.

"STATUS: Connecting to update servers...

INFO : Got reply from www.digitalcombatsimulator.com

ERROR: Conection to server 'updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com' failed: Couldn't resolve host name

ERROR: updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com replied HTTP -1

ERROR: Couldn't resolve host name"

Sawacs

Edited by sawacs

"When they passed out brains you thought they said trains and you missed both!"