Any early clue about a Carrier DLC ?

toni

So ED guys, what can you tell us about ? I am also opening this post to discuss and debate between several Carrier Class options. Assuming Hormuz map is in an advanced status, this can not be very far behind .

The DCS Carrier will include several carriers from different countries and it will include the models for SP/MP. The speciality is that with DCS Carrier module you can be a CAG and tactical weapons officer or radar operator.

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

The DCS Carrier will include several carriers from different countries and it will include the models for SP/MP. The speciality is that with DCS Carrier module you can be a CAG and tactical weapons officer or radar operator.

Huh ? When did they ever confirmed any of this ? I never noticed any official comments on the carrier stuff.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

DCS Carrier??

I must have missed that news, where did you take it from ?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

So, understand that you will build each different Carrier stant alone or a pack with a couple of them ? If you want my opinnion, would be a lot better a one by one Full Carrier from scratch, so , one carrier one module , and the same way with other Navy units like FFG,DDG,CG,LHD, and so on.

I know means a lot of time and resources but, we are not hurry at all !

Please do not state opinions as facts.

IF we decide to release a new Nimitz-class carrier as a DLC, the current carrier would still be available to all users.

Again though, this is all a theoretical answer to a question, nothing is in stone.

Misinformation is no joke.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Source, or did you just make this up on the spot?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Huh ? When did they ever confirmed any of this ? I never noticed any official comments on the carrier stuff.

There hasn't been, pure speculation. I think the Op's speculations are valid and a good possibility.

With that being said, we will most likely get a "default" carrier included in DCS 2+ for carrier ops once they are improved. A Carrier module would most likely include additional control over the ship and its operations.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Please do not state opinions as facts.

Misinformation is no joke.

I would hope we don't have to buy DLC to be able to take off/land in Naval aircraft (when they're released) or get new updates to the unit. Would also make it a pain in the editor for multiplayer.

Though I assume they meant a controllable carrier, with positions modeled inside the carrier. In which case I don't have a problem with it being paid DLC. I would just hate for AI units/behaviors to be spliced between different versions.

Good carrier ops is obviously very important for the Hornet, so I'm hoping that the Hornet module brings more developed carriers so that you can have good communication with the carrier tower, start below deck, ride the elevator and so on :)

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

So, understand that you will build each different Carrier stant alone or a pack with a couple of them ? If you want my opinnion, would be a lot better a one by one Full Carrier from scratch, so , one carrier one module , and the same way with other Navy units like FFG,DDG,CG,LHD, and so on.

I know means a lot of time and resources but, we are not hurry at all !

Who's we? Speak for yourself. lol

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

Good carrier ops is obviously very important for the Hornet, so I'm hoping that the Hornet module brings more developed carriers so that you can have good communication with the carrier tower, start below deck, ride the elevator and so on :)

That would be cool but only the first or second time. After that, most wouldn't use it so it would probably be a waste of resources to do all that work. Who knows though?...

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

I don't see below decks ever being simulated since it would probably take a ton of work to make work properly and really isnt worth it. It's not like every single sortie starts below decks , aircraft are parked up top too