How do I download the 1.5 Beta?

kingneptune117

I do not have DCS World installed. I just finished installing Windows 10 and want DCS World 1.5 open beta.

Do I just go here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/world/

And use the "download beta" button? Or will that download the last open beta and not 1.5?

Sorry for the stupid questions!

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

When I start the updater in my DCS beta folder it does nothing. It stucks in version 1.2.16.

Do I need to reinstall?

Or I need to wait 1-2 weeks more.

Ich kenn mich zwar selbst nicht so gut aus, aber vielleicht kann ich dir ja helfen.

Wenn du diesen Link öffnest -> http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/world/

und den grauen Button "Download beta" klickst sollte der d/l automatisch starten.

Dann nur noch den Updater ausführen und los gehts.

Bedenke, es ist eine eigenständige Installation.

Bei mir funktionierts jedenfalls reibungslos.

My YouTube-Channel <--:thumbup: :joystick: :pilotfly:

Force Update

Hope this help ! http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030 thanks to SkateZilla, first run: Repairing DCS World Updater and then: dcs_updater.exe update openbeta:1.5. It seems to be working for me.

DCS A-10C, FC3, Black Shark 2, UH-1H Huey, CA, Su-27 The Ult. Argument

WIN 10 64 Bits, AMD FX 8320 OC 4.07Ghz, H-80i HydCooler, HYPERX BEAST DDR3 16Gb 1866, MSI 990XA-GD55, SAMSUNG SSD 840 EVO 500GB, SAPPHIRE 7870 GHZ ED OC 2GB 256 BIT GDDR5, LG IPS 27", SIDEWINDER PRECISION 2.

Edited by Riptide_Col

Force Update

Yep it did work !

DCS A-10C, FC3, Black Shark 2, UH-1H Huey, CA, Su-27 The Ult. Argument

WIN 10 64 Bits, AMD FX 8320 OC 4.07Ghz, H-80i HydCooler, HYPERX BEAST DDR3 16Gb 1866, MOBO MSI 990XA-GD55, THERMALTAKE 750 KW PSU, SAMSUNG SSD 840 EVO 500GB, SAPPHIRE 7870 GHZ ED OC 2GB 256 BIT GDDR5, LG IPS 27", SIDEWINDER PRECISION 2.

I had OpenBeta prior to 1.5 being released. I tried to update to 1.5 and no mater how many times I initialized the updater.exe it would not work and go straight to world. I solved the issue by uninstalling the original beta doing registry clean then reinstalling with the new link from the DCS main website. Once the updater ran and downloaded 1.5 it installed. I did have a couple issues on first launch. I run a triple monitor setup and Win10 so the fist issue was the main menu was stuck on my far left monitor even after adjusting resolution etc in option menu. Asking some of the guys on the 104th server how to fix this it was suggested to try hitting Left or Right Alt+Enter. This emediately centered the GUi on middle monitor where I wanted it. Next I selected fullscreen in the options menu and this also adjusted it to be right above the TaskBar but still fullscreen at 1920x1080 resolution. Perfect. I haven't used Nvidia Surround yet for 1.5. That will be a process for another day.

Hope this helps someone else who might be experiencing the same problem I was having. Also don't forget redownload your modules in module manager.

Edited by Sleeper.M

Can't get it to install either.

After downloading and installing the updater, i tried running it multiple times without luck, with and without running as admin.

It starts, open 2 installing screens, one saying initialising, the other saying updating myself. And then it stucks. It keeps running and running but does nothing. It also prevents to do anything else on my computer in the mean time, can't even open task manager to kill the process. Only way out is the power button...

On Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Znnz9TO.png

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Can't get it to install either.

After downloading and installing the updater, i tried running it multiple times without luck, with and without running as admin.

It starts, open 2 installing screens, one saying initialising, the other saying updating myself. And then it stucks. It keeps running and running but does nothing. It also prevents to do anything else on my computer in the mean time, can't even open task manager to kill the process. Only way out is the power button...

On Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Same here on Win 8.1 64bit. The anti-virus program might block the installation process. I am using Bitdefender Internet Security.

Win10Pro, i7-4770K, 32GB, RTX-2070S OC, VPC WarBRD Base, VPC Mongoos T-50CM2, Warthog Throttles, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5

I'm using Bitdefender to but i killed that one before installing and running the update.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Seems killing the Bitdefender proggy is not enough.

Also, the Bitdefender services are only changeable (from automatic to disabled for instance) when in safe mode. But this step isn't necessary.

Just open Bitdefender (double click on the tray icon) and turn off the Virus Shield. After that you can run the updater.

I can confirm that. Just switching off the firewall is not sufficient. Switching off the anti-virus shield allows the installation to continue.

Win10Pro, i7-4770K, 32GB, RTX-2070S OC, VPC WarBRD Base, VPC Mongoos T-50CM2, Warthog Throttles, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5