[Reported] Unwanted Background Image on 4th Monitor

pdmarsh

I use a 4th monitor to display MFDs. In DCS World 1.5 a distorted background image appears. Is there a way to force this to just be blank or black as it is in 1.0?

Thanks,

Paul

background.jpg

Same thing on 2 monitor setup

I have a two monitor setup with primary monitor displaying 3D and secondary monitor displaying two MFCDs.

I have the same problem with secondary monitor showing MFCDs viewports correctly but everything outside that contains garbled game graphics. Some 3D frozen terrain , multiple HUDs etc. Seems like anything outside viewports is not invalidated/redrawn by the new engine. Apart from being plain ugly I can't see my FPS counter as most important thing in 1.5. :)

Here is mu multimonitor setup:

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('2 Monitor Both MFCD');
Description = '2 Monitor Both MFCD'
Viewports =
{
    Center =
    {
         x = 1920;
         y = 0;
         width = 1920;
         height = 1200;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 1920/1200;
    }
}

LEFT_MFCD = 
{
	x = 0;
       y = 60;
       width = 960;
       height = 960;
}

RIGHT_MFCD = 
{
	x = 960;
       y = 60;
       width = 960;
       height = 960;
}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

Outta missiles, outta bullets, down to harsh language...

The same problem with me, have two monitors, the left one is the main screen (1920x1080), and the right one is for MFDs (1600x900), shows garbage in the right one, this is my monitorsetup.lua

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('MFCD-KA-50-2');

Description = 'Left MFCD AND Right MFCD on the right and camera on the LEFT'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.7777;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 1920 + 10;

y = 10;

width = 862;

height = 800;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 1920 + 10 + 862 + 10;

y = 10;

width = 708;

height = 900 - 20;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

MFDs on 4th Monitor Show Last Image on Power Down

This is a minor issue, but I will report it nonetheless. I noticed in both the A-10C and Ka-50 that when you power down the MFDs or the Shkval in-cockpit, the remote displays of these devices on a 4th monitor (in my case) do not go blank. They continue to show whatever was on them just before the power down. However, the in-cockpit displays do go blank.

Thanks,

Paul

mfd.jpg

Same here.

In addition I have exported RWR and clock. Both are not readable. Looks like they're not cleared when next frame is rendered and in effect RWR turns more and more green because each symbol is being drawn over already present symbols. The same with clock. After 10 seconds, the seconds digit looks like bold and fuzzy "8" because all digits are being drawn without clearing previous frame.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

--

"The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good shit.

A night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities to experience all three at the same time."

Problem seems to occur with most custom exports other than the two 'standard' A10-C MFDs.

I export the following in addition to the MFDs: AN_ALR96V, CMSC, CMSP, DigitalClock and UHF_Radio (freq_status, preset_channel & repeater). All of these latter exports exhibit the problematic behaviour.

It is worth noting that in order to export each of these, the ???_init.lua file for each one must be customised with code like this:

--- MB customisation: ---
dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")
render_target_always = false
purposes      = {render_purpose.GENERAL,render_purpose.HUD_ONLY_VIEW}
try_find_assigned_viewport("AN_ALR69V_SCREEN")
--- end customisation ---

Now maybe there is something new that has to be added to that custom code to make the rendering work in 1.5, or maybe it can only be fixed by a change in the rendering logic.

(BTW, it would be nice if all renderable instruments had a viewport mapping built in by default!)

Hope that adds some useful information for this issue - it's going to be a real pain for me if it can't be corrected!

I can confirm that this issue has been resolved in beta version as of 10/10/2015 (they've hidden the version number again!)

Good to hear. Thanks for posting. Looking forward to trying the new beta.

Paul