Scaling - Normal / Enlarged / XXL

TomOnSteam

Would love to have an XXL option for scaling in DCS 1.5 / 2.0. At 1080p I'm still finding it very hard to spot planes and vehicles.

I know it might not be super realistic but I think it would make the sim more enjoyable (since it makes you feel like a pilot with eagle eyes).

Although it's helping me keep my monitor clean as I'm slowling figuring out the difference between bogeys and last nights dinner splashes :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

Would love to have an XXL option for scaling in DCS 1.5 / 2.0. At 1080p I'm still finding it very hard to spot planes and vehicles.

I know it might not be super realistic but I think it would make the sim more enjoyable (since it makes you feel like a pilot with eagle eyes).

Although it's helping me keep my monitor clean as I'm slowling figuring out the difference between bogeys and last nights dinner splashes :)

Dito...

:music_whistling:

I'm not installing the 1.5 Beta. So I haven't been able to try this out yet.

But I'm taking it as a positive statement about Model Visibility that it's still difficult to see distant objects. Because I'd like it to be.

As I understand this MV setting, it's only supposed to come into play when objects are the size of less than a pixel. The effect should be really subtle and not a giant blob on the screen. IMO.

A subtle effect is a graphic setting whereas something more pronounced becomes like a label. Then people will want to regulate it on severs and that's not desirable.

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

I'm not installing the 1.5 Beta. So I haven't been able to try this out yet.

But I'm taking it as a positive statement about Model Visibility that it's still difficult to see distant objects. Because I'd like it to be.

As I understand this MV setting, it's only supposed to come into play when objects are the size of less than a pixel. The effect should be really subtle and not a giant blob on the screen. IMO.

A subtle effect is a graphic setting whereas something more pronounced becomes like a label. Then people will want to regulate it on severs and that's not desirable.

Well for you sir, you can simply have the option turned off, or use the normal setting. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

Well for you sir, you can simply have the option turned off, or use the normal setting. :)

Right. Everyone can simply set it as they like, just like their graphic settings. I'm worried if it's too pronounced that people will want to regulate it online.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

I'm on board with this suggestion, too.

I'm still struggling to see aircraft even fairly close up at Enlarged because I'm old and blind. :D

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

I'm on board with this suggestion, too.

I'm still struggling to see aircraft even fairly close up at Enlarged because I'm old and blind. :D

This minus the old part. I'm just blind. :D

My Specs:

Win 10 Pro 64bit/ i7 6770K 4.5Ghz/32GB DDR4/ GTX 1070 SC/Samsung SSD

Warthog Stick/TWCS Throttle/TrackIR 5