1.5 Server can't be seen by host. help!

Hello guys

I am trying to host a server on the open beta on the same computer that is running a 1.2 server without a problem.

However, people can't see the 1.5 server in the list but they can connect using direct IP!

I wonder if the 1.5 needs more firewall rules and ports access than the 1.2?

- Client can connect using direct IP connection

- DCS is allowed thru my firewall

- Port 10308 is opened on my modem

- Computer is running 1.2 server fine

- Computer is on windows 7

What I am missing?

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Check out this thread. It started off about old missions in 1.5, but also covers issues with missions built in 1.5.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=147907

Basically, it comes down to mission size and how much data is being transferred to the master server, apparently. Have it too large and it will not show. Get it to where it will show and it will disappear after just a few clients show up. Shrink it some more and it will stay visible with more clients. Right now I am running a 1.5 server with 67 a/c available with 3 tankers airborne and 2 carriers and I can host 20 people with it staying visible in the list. No scripting or briefing yet, those too will change things.

Good luck,

Shahdoh

I'm having the same issues:

I use to host 1.2 server without any problem

I upgraded to 1.5.0.xx (made sure my friend and I both have the same version)

I even tried turning off firewall- didn't help

Port 10308 is opened

Computer also win 7, my friend is using windows 10

Now here is the head scratcher: the mission (yes it was created in 1.2 but it's not even complicated, just 2 flights doing a simple bomb run), when I host it, my friend can't even see me on the list even though it's public and no password protection. When my friend tried to host it, I can see it, and I could connect to him so I'm not sure what's wrong with "my end"

I know it's not the mission because I gave him the same mission to host and his worked fine without any problems. So there's something missing on my end that i'm overlooking

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So yea, I did some tests.

Even a stripped down version of the map didnt fix the problem.

We did a private test with some friends using direct connection and stuff went well.

I will wait for an updated version of the 1.5 to try to run more tests.

I am glad to see I am not the only one :(

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Create a new (with DCS World 1.5) simple mission with two "Client" controlled Su-25T aircrafts with no description and no ground units and test with that. You need to have port forward correct in your local router and the Windows firewall open for "DCS.EXE"

Create a new (with DCS World 1.5) simple mission with two "Client" controlled Su-25T aircrafts with no description and no ground units and test with that. You need to have port forward correct in your local router and the Windows firewall open for "DCS.EXE"

Thanks for the answer.

However, I am preparing a new map for 1.5 and beta testing this map on my public server is my goal, not just playing with a friend in an near-empty map.

I wanted to test my full map with full assets and scripts and see how it behaves online.

This being said, I manage to do private tests of said map using direct connection so it's not the full test I wanted to do but it's already giving me so much feedback on what's working and what's not. :thumbup:

No biggie then, I will wait for a later DCS version to try to host public tests.

As a side node, it's awesome to be able to host a 1.5 and a 1.2 server on the same computer. it's cool to have 2 different config directories in saved games! :thumbup:

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

• 2 months later...