Anybody flying A10C w x-55 rhino?

CoBlue

If TM Warthog is not an option go for CH setup, the ergonomics feel so natural in hand, all the buttons are in the right place, very powerfull software, build quality is amazing.

It does not have flashy buttons and stuff and that is a problem for some.

Another problem is if u're not from Murica these are freaking expensive from EU retailers, i used some 3rd party company to get them from Amazon and bring without taxes where i live.

Edited by duko

I spent a lot of time researching before I got my X55 late last year, I would say the stick IS a compromise, the Warthog is universally rated as the current cream of the joystick crop, but its hellishly expensive, way too much for a 'casual' flyer like me. The X55 is a very good stick, I use it for A10-c and Elite dangerous and apart from the ubiquitous nipple, and the release switch location (which you do kind of get used to) it does everything I would expect it to do. I cannot for the life of me get the profile software to work under win 10 though, the beta drivers didnt help much, so I dont use a profile (though I do use track IR). So I would say, unless you are going to be spending a LOT of time and/or have very deep pockets, its a worthy purchase vs the Warthog. Hope that helps!

It's not being elitist saying that the Warthog is night and day compared to a Saitek, its just a fact. Anyone that says otherwise is either lying to themselves or have never used a Warthog.

Having said that, if all you can afford is a Saitek, no problem.

Totally not elitist... It's not your opinion that's the problem (whatever makes you sleep easier.) It's the delivery of that opinion.

If you didn't come across so smug and up your own derrier so much, the other guys wouldn't have had a problem.

Man up.

Anyway, the x55 is decent - it's switches are essentially buttons allowing for a broader compatibility compared to the TM Warthog with other sims. I upgraded to the Warthog about a year ago, but both have their own problems. Don't let the fancy metal on the Warthog fool you in to a sense of security which is quite evident already LOL

...it's switches are essentially buttons allowing for a broader compatibility compared to the TM Warthog with other sims.

Huh?

Anyway, there are folks out there flying the A-10C module with lesser sticks than the X-55, so take the on-topic answers/advice and forget the rest. Good luck, have fun!

dcs_sig.jpg

My take after owning warthog and X55 rhino.:music_whistling:

First off I agree with Ralfidude's take on X55 in every way.Its just a very awkward feeling HOTAS and returned it the very next day.The joystick buttons are a pain in the ass to reach,the sticks spring mechanism itself just feels wrong and the throttle has ill placed buttons as well.As for the Warthog,I just returned it yesterday after owning for 25 days.Just did not like the feel of it,which is counter to everyone else who owns one.The slew is terrible and for me this is a big detriment.When its on your desktop it is also very awkward to use as you have to lift your arms up to use the stick and throttle which actually made my arms super tired.Having to move the HOTAS off to the side and back when not in use is another pain due to the weight of it all.I then purchased a wheel stand PRO and then having to move that even heavier thing from under my desk every time I wanted to do some non SIM stuff on PC was final straw and warthog went back to the store.:joystick:

Now I have settled on a sweet little system that comes out to the same price as the X55,or even cheaper at that.Save your money and instead buy a CH Pro throttle and a Thrustmaster T-16000m joystick.My reasons that this is a sweet desktop sim setup are below but I also wanna post here what Wags himself uses.

Wags

Producer, Kool-Aid Mixer

Reputation power: n/a

Falcon Northwest Tiki: i7 4770K, 8 GB RAM, GTX 980ti, Windows 10, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog stick with CH Pro Throttle.

CH Pro throttle has wonderful placement of 4 hat switches coupled with a wonderful slew joystick all situated right at where your thumb lays.Another 8way hat and 3 normal buttons all with excellent placement also.You can set one of the three buttons as a modifier and you have 8 hats then to setup for use.Again all ergonomically well placed.More pluses for the CH throttle are that one,it moves forwards and backwards without tilting which makes the ergonomics always feel the same(the warthog and X55 throttles lean forward making hat switches change their attitude) and second is that it all sits a bit lower so you can lean your elbows on desk and move throttle comfortably.

The T-16000m stick has same HALL sensor as warthog so is very precise while also having twist stick function for those who need it.The stick centering mechanism itself feels really nice.Now the last thing for me and of which is very important is that the pieces are light and so I can quickly move them off to the side of my desk for other PC use and vice versa.:thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by wolfstriked

"Its easy,place the pipper on target and bombs away." :pilotfly:

i7-8700k/GTX 1080ti/VKB-GladiatorPRO/VKB-T-rudder Pedals/Saitek X55 throttle

Totally not elitist... It's not your opinion that's the problem (whatever makes you sleep easier.) It's the delivery of that opinion.

If you didn't come across so smug and up your own derrier so much, the other guys wouldn't have had a problem.

Man up.

Anyway, the x55 is decent - it's switches are essentially buttons allowing for a broader compatibility compared to the TM Warthog with other sims. I upgraded to the Warthog about a year ago, but both have their own problems. Don't let the fancy metal on the Warthog fool you in to a sense of security which is quite evident already LOL

He said the Warthog is better, not that whoever uses a Warthog is better.

So nothing elitist about it - calm your horses.

This is a very interesting debate. I have the X-55 and I'm happy enough with it for now but if it were to suddenly stop working, I would replace it with a warthog. For me, it was the old story... I was embarking on a new interest and didn't want to buy something really cheap and nasty. That said, I didn't want to go 'top shelf' to later find myself not taking to the flying scene. I must admit the price differential is a significant factor when deciding which way to go (particularly if you're new to the hobby like I was). So, for me it was the X-55 and it has served me well. That is, until Windows 10 came along and then the trouble started. However, the latest beta drivers/software has solved most (but not all) of the issues I was experiencing - some things still don't work as they should but overall, it's very usable once again. I'm currently learning to fly DCS A-10C and have only recently discovered the importance of the slew function. I have managed to get the nipple on the X-55 throttle to work but, like others have mentioned, the movement is very slow and I also find it hard to control. I am aware there are some in-game settings which can be altered to address this issue but I haven't managed to get enough info on this to be able to have a go myself. Perhaps someone will chime in with some instructions please?

Edited by slicker55

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

I have managed to get the nipple on the X-55 throttle to work but, like others have mentioned, the movement is very slow and I also find it hard to control. Perhaps someone will chime in with some instructions please?

The mouse button is no good for slewing on the x-52 too, so I use it for china hat.

One thing you can do, is to use the "Coolie Hat" primely for Slewing & secondary, with a combined pres & hold of a forward throttle button, for the actual Coolie Hat. Basically use the best 4-way Hat on the throttle for both Slew & Coolie Hat.

Dunno if the ergonomics allows this on the x55, but that's what I'm doing on my x52.

But doesn't the x55 have two 4-way-hat's on the throttle's right side?

Edited by CoBlue

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

I've had both.

It's hard to explain what it's like to own a TM Warthog to someone whom has not spend and hour with one.

I had issues with my X55 and after several returns to repair various issues i got a refund on it.

(note: i hold no ill against Saitek, must have gotten a bad batch or something, the X55 was nice)

I then bought the TM Warthog and it elevated my A-10 simming to a new level.

I would strongly advise the warthog IF you are keen on the A-10C.

If you play a mix of games then i would advise the X55, and hope you have better luck than i did.

One thing about the X55 was that it was a great stick for Elite : Dangerous!

But having controls that match my cockpit in the A10 and 2 stage trigger etc is really worthwhile.

R7 3800X - 32Gig RAM -- All SSD -- GTX1070 -- TM Warthog, MFG Crosswinds & TiR

Hi v81,

I think you have made a very valid point in relation to 'intended use' and like you say if you're serious about flying and it's primarily for A-10C, the Warthog is the way to go. Damn these forums... I want one now... hahahahah, but then in my opinion, the X-55 is a great alternative if one or more of the other considerations is taken into account. Now to 'grease my stick'... again! :)

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

This is a very interesting debate. I have the X-55 and I'm happy enough with it for now but if it were to suddenly stop working, I would replace it with a warthog. For me, it was the old story... I was embarking on a new interest and didn't want to buy something really cheap and nasty. That said, I didn't want to go 'top shelf' to later find myself not taking to the flying scene. I must admit the price differential is a significant factor when deciding which way to go (particularly if you're new to the hobby like I was). So, for me it was the X-55 and it has served me well. That is, until Windows 10 came along and then the trouble started. However, the latest beta drivers/software has solved most (but not all) of the issues I was experiencing - some things still don't work as they should but overall, it's very usable once again. I'm currently learning to fly DCS A-10C and have only recently discovered the importance of the slew function. I have managed to get the nipple on the X-55 throttle to work but, like others have mentioned, the movement is very slow and I also find it hard to control. I am aware there are some in-game settings which can be altered to address this issue but I haven't managed to get enough info on this to be able to have a go myself. Perhaps someone will chime in with some instructions please?

The slew rate is slow no matter what stick you're using. It's what is set as default in the aircraft software. You can change it in your TGP settings screen. 1-9 are your options for the TGP cursor speed.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

I've been using an X-55 for about a year now, and I am very lucky to have no issues at all (no ghost button presses, mysterious joystick movements in game, etc.) All the buttons work fine, even the mouse nipple (which I have programmed as the mic switch).

It's still very sharp from the time I bought it so i'm very happy with it. I chose it over the Warthog because of cost. Bottom line is, I am very happy with the rhino even with the A-10C module :)

Edited by Fig

PINOY PRIDE!!!

System Specs: i7-4790, Windows 7 64-Bit, ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X Mobo, HyperX Fury 32Gb, Nvidia Titan (Pascal), TM Warthog and TFRPedals, TrackIR 5