4th Fighter Wing Squadron generics.

BoNidle

These liveries are intended to allow you to make up flight numbers.

The 4th Fighter Wing comprised of three squadrons each distinguished by emblems painted

onto the gun bay panels:

334th Fighter Squadron - Fighting Eagles

335th Fighter Squadron - Chiefs

336th Fighter Squadron - Rocketeers

(I have also included a generic A model in 336thFS markings. This is the same one that I included with "Peg "O" My Heart" but this one now has the 91 serial prefix that I forgot to

put on it originally)

They should be up at User Files soon.

Image1_zpsdeaefxdp.jpg

Nice job Bonidle

But i have a question for you.

Your previous skins like Mig Mad Marine, Little Rita, all the single ones works perfect but with the new 4thFW Squadron generics and 4thFW 336thFS "Peg "O" My Heart" or 51st Fighter Wing Squadrons (Generic) i see a lot of shimmering when zooming out a little.

Specially all the lettering over the fuselage.

I don´t have this effect in the invividual ones.

Could you take a look at it.

Thanks.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I'm a little puzzled mate. I assume you are using them in the new DCS World?

I have just changed all the aircraft in the Mig Sweep mission for 4thFW generics and cannot see anything amiss.

Could you post a screenshot here to show exactly what the problem is? That might be a help to someone more technically minded than myself.(i.e. everyone.)

I have had another experiment and the only thing I notice is some aliasing along the edges of aircraft at extreme distances. But its negligible.

If you look at the horizontal tails in the screenshot above you can see what I mean.

The only thing I have done differently with the skins from 51stFW generic onwards is to save the skin file as a DDS instead of a jpeg.

If you PM me your email I could send you a replacement jpeg file to replace the DDS and see if that makes a difference?

Sorry for the poor quality but here you have a little video.

I think is enough to see the difference between skins.

6gLQEHilDpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

I see the problem but I cannot replicate it on my PC.

The only thing I have found which causes graphic errors was the use of the RCAF cockpit textures which gave it the black instrument panel. For some reason the new graphics engine does not seem to agree with their use. This has pained me as I really liked the look it gave the cockpit, but it seemed to cure the problem. So it needs to be done in all my skins that have it.

Each description.lua needs to be opened in notepad and all entries with the word "Cockpit" contained in them needs to be deleted and the description.lua saved again. (You can delete the 8 texture files with RCAF in their name too but the description.lua edit is essential).

These highlighted sections need to be deleted:

lua%20problem_zpsvfqx8xne.jpg

However if you have already done that and its not helped then I'm a bit stumped. I have had no-one else contact me so it could be either a bug or a graphics setting at your end...but if it does not happen to other skins then the latter does not seem likely.

Please let me know if it helps.

Edited by BoNidle
  • Like 1

The generic pack doesn´t have any cockpit files or any reference about them on the .lua but don´t worry, i´m sure it´s something in my rig.

I love the individual ones and i have plenty of them to use it so, please don´t worry.

A big thanks for taking time to look at this.

You are doing a great job with the Sabre skins.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Bonidle.

Tested your new 4th FWS generics. AWESOME ¡¡¡

All looks pretty and very neat, not more shimmering. Very good work mate. I love it.

Do you have plans to update also Peg O My Heart and 51s FWS?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 7 months later...

Has anyone yet modified the description.lua files for these 3 skins? I've been trying without success to get these fine liveries back into my 1.5 release game. I can't figure out how to remove the front fuselage bort and still retain the rear fuselage and tail numbers. :dunno:

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Solution is here http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=168103

BIG Thanks to Skatezilla and LCSummers.

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset