ASO-2 does not function and texture is missing (1.5)

GauSki

One of the updates to 1.5 has cause the ASO-2 pod to no longer operate for me and has also caused the texture for the ASO pods to be replaced by a grey/white shape with yellow lines (shown in attached pic). This was not an issue for me at initial 1.5 open beta launch, but has occurred only in the past few weeks. (suspect since hot-fix 2 but not certain, sorry.)

Like normal, I'm trying to deploy chaff/flare by turning on SPRD power and drop switches (RH50 and RH51), and holding the SPRD drop button (LH60). No chaff/flare deployment occurs, and there is no countermeasures launch sound effect.

Intel 2500

980 GTX

8 GB

Windows 7 64bit

1.5 Open Beta

This occurs for me in all missions and is 100% repeatable - can provide track if required.

ASO-2.thumb.jpg.c03f2442bd1153a4741c41e99231b5dc.jpg

I do have the textures. But sometimes it is not working either. I think if you reload the ASO-2 pod with another load-out inside the mission itself (from the F8 menu) It will not work. It is like they remove the given load-out and never replace it with the new stuff you requested.

Happy Flying! :pilotfly:

For getting the textures back, maybe you can use DCS updater to "repair" the MiG-21 module. A "Howto" is posted here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

Do you have any modification of the MiG-21 files installed? Like different textures for the cockpit or something?

Hey Java, thanks for your suggestion, I'll give that a try when I get a chance. I have no mods installed for the MiG-21 specifically..The issue isn't intermittent for me. It occurs for 100% of the time for me.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I wanted to provide an update on this thread to confirm that the missing ASO-2 texture issue has been resolved, however the pod still does not operate at all, thereby leaving the MiG21 without viable countermeasures.

I know that LN are having quite a lot of issues with the MiG21 module and are no doubt busy still trying to provide a fix for 2.0... If possible, it would be great to hear that this issue will be looked at by the devs when possible.

Until such time, it's with much regret that the defenseless '21 remains grounded.

Look forward to flying her again one day!

Cheers

GauSki