FLIR = NoGo

Mainstay

So after playing a few missions in the A10C i have to come to the conclusion that the current FLIR WHOT and BHOT modes are completely broken.

1 - BHOT and WHOT are actually harder to use then the normal camera :unsure:

Im pretty sure FLIR was invented to make searching for ground targets alot easier then using a normal camera mode :music_whistling:

2 - For some reason when looking at a russian tank through either WHOT or BHOT it acts like a Xray. In the following screenshots you can clearly see something is very wrong.

d0HvLDp.jpg

QkPDxWl.jpg

g8PjVMw.png

I have little to no problems with the current FLIR implementation. Maybe playing with the Gain will help.

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

Please include a track, I am not seeing the same thing, I see some vehicles disappear but not this issue, I would like to see if I can reproduce from your track. Thanks!

SiThSpAwN, I think this might be the same problem as this:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=148420

On the 6th post of that thread there's a link to a video demonstrating this problem.

-PitbullVicious

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm what SiThSpAwN is seeing is the same thing I'm seeing as I reported in the thread referenced by PitbullVicious. I've included the my log files and system info in the other thread, I can throw together a track to go along with Sith's if ED would like.