Ultra wide curved monitors and DCS

I am giving serious consideration on upgrading to this monitor:

http://www.samsung.com/levant/consumer/it/monitor/curved-monitor/LS34E790CNS/ZN

Does anyone have any experience with ultra wide monitors and specifically curved ultra wide monitors that could advise me of any pitfalls that might be in front of me if I move to this kind of display?

Am I going to have distortion issues? Will framerate be impacted to such a negative degree that I will end up longing for my old double 1920x1200 displays?

I currently use two 1920x1200 displays side-by-side (one of them for the MFCD's of the A-10C or the Abris+shkval for the Ka-50) and I get a pretty solid 70fps.

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

Looks like an awesome monitor. I put my postcode in to find the nearest store and it seesm England doesn't have one lol.

Im using 3xAcer 24" and the pic is beautiful. They were only about £120 each. Bargain,

...Guy

Helicopters!! Never trust anything that screws itself into the air!

Is there any vertical loss? I'm using a 28" monitor presently and my concern is that the actual image of the cockpit itself would be smaller with the ultrawide.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

No distortion, that's the purpose of the curve!

That is the advert. However depends on what FOV you have in game (and if it is fixed/locked) and what distance you stay away from the screen. Otherwise is just cool.

Best choice wold be though to wait and see the VR sets coming to market and see if they don't worth more for immersion that a monitor that might be just delegated to second role.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least