2.0 on Steam

Luftwoller

Hi All,

Ive been thinking. As Steam users, we haven't been able to get 2.0 yet. Im a bit worried what will happen when we do as, I presume, the Steam installer will just overwrite the previous 1.5 version as it did with the previous versions to get to 1.5. I believe Standalone owners get a new copy of the game with each update. Allowing you to play 1.2, 1.5 or 2.0.

As I don't own the Nttr map yet, I wont be able to play the Sim when 2.0 comes along, Or will I? Hopefully it will be offered as a second download with accessibility to my different modules. That way I can carry on playing 1.5.

I can hear you all quietly laughing that I should have bought or change to the standalone. But I haven't. And I have invested a lot of money, through Steam, buying different modules. All, I might add, at nearly new prices, making the decision to just reinstall the standalone version not feasible.

Im pretty sure that ED gets a fair chunka change for each module sold. So I think its only fair that they do something about the module codes. Making them transferable between the standalone and the Steam bought versions. Fairs Fair. We have bought your game after all.

Anyhoo, ramblings over. Any other opinions out there?

...Guy

Helicopters!! Never trust anything that screws itself into the air!

I guess you mixed some stuff up a little bit.

1. You are free to download and execute the 1.5beta and the 2.0alpha from the ED site no matter if you have DCS 1.2 installed with steam. The beta and alpha installers both will generate extra installations including extra installation locations on your hard drives.

2. Nobody currently is able to play 2.0 without owning Nevada.

3. It doesn't matter where you invested your money. Your purchased keys from steam will also work in installations not done with steam.

As Steam users, we haven't been able to get 2.0 yet.

Not true. Of course you are able to, just not in steam. So no reason to worry about anything.

Your whole debate addressing how much money ED makes from selling their product on steam is kind of pointless and the whole rambling would never have occurred if you wouldn't carry all these misinterpretations I addressed in point 1 - 3.

• Like 1

Your whole debate addressing how much money ED makes from selling their product on steam is kind of pointless...

Im pretty sure that wasn't what the 'Whole debate' I was making was. I was led to believe that I couldn't use the product activation keys from Steam in the Standalone. If that's not the case, then excellent news.

...Guy

Helicopters!! Never trust anything that screws itself into the air!

Im pretty sure that wasn't what the 'Whole debate' I was making was. I was led to believe that I couldn't use the product activation keys from Steam in the Standalone. If that's not the case, then excellent news.

...Guy

You are able to use keys from Steam with the standalone, but you cannot use keys purchased for the standalone on Steam. Valve is the one preventing standalone keys from being used on Steam, not Eagle Dynamics.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah man. Hop over. Just like we did. Redeem the keys from steam in your profile at http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com and off you go. Buy nevada and you could even hop to 2.0:D:pilotfly:

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly: