Intercom to ground crew

Mt5_Roie

So don't recall having issues in the past, but figured I'd double check here to see I'm doing everything right. I have a mission where I'm starting at Nellis with no weapons on. I want to call ground crew to load up my aircraft. I have the AM freq to the tower frequency ok and can talk to the tower no problem. Airport is controlled by my side (blue).

So I go to my intercom panel and move the dial to intercom. I then press down the hot mic key. I then hit \ to use the radio but ground crew is black and won't communicate. I'm not sure if its something I'm doing wrong or an actual bug in DCS 2.0. So figured I'd ask before posting in the bug report.

Edited by roiegat

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

try to move forward the mic switch...forward for vhf AM,down for UHF and back for vhf FM

Didn't seem to help...still showing up black.

I've gotten this from cold start and hot start at this point. Seems like I'm missing something.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

I've noticed this happening a lot on the NTTR map. The other thing that happens is you set the switch to INT, key the mic and the switch reverts back to VHF automatically.

I'll check tonight to see if it was a case of the canopy being down but no power to the radios since I haven't really noticed it happen after switching on the battery and inverter first since I assumed that was the problem. I usually close the canopy without thinking since things get to loud usually.

• 3 months later...

I to am having problems communicating with ground crew. Once I rtb, I cant repair, refuel, or reload. I tried using the easy communications but it doesn't work trying to address the ground crew. When I turn the radio to intercom, no matter which prompt I use it changes the radio back to uhf. Anyone got any ideas?

Not sure, but I believe the mission must have re-arming and refueling vehicles around somewhere on the base.

I have had this once, but it was that the ground crew just didn't respond.

When I move the switch to intercom then radio switch forward gives me "Intercom" at the top. But I don't have Nevada.

• 2 weeks later...

I got lucky once and got them to respond once. But is so weird. Following the Promts from communications menu I push F8 to talk the ground crew. Right click on dial switch to intercom and soon as I push Function keys 1,2,3,4, it changes my dial back to VHF. Its Defend Yankee Camp, in version 1.5.

I got lucky once and got them to respond once. But is so weird. Following the Promts from communications menu I push F8 to talk the ground crew. Right click on dial switch to intercom and soon as I push Function keys 1,2,3,4, it changes my dial back to VHF. Its Defend Yankee Camp, in version 1.5.

That happens with easy communication. The thing is you can have it off but if you are online, the server can force it on.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

I'm having no problems with this issue but I always place an Unarmed - Tanker at the airfield regardless of whether it is 'blue' or not.

I always pop the canopy as well and that seems to do the trick. I haven't played with intercom at all; just Mic switch forward with the correct airfield frequency.

Have you tried these 2?

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

It happens to me as well, so I'm using the easy communication, so it's not a big problem, still showing black but I am able to talk with them, and call the rearm/GEP/repair, even in black. And also, sometimes with the Tanker, it appears black, to talk with the tanker, I would need to get other A-10, do the startup again. But with the Tanker, even using the easy communication I can't talk with him, probably it's a bug, because it happens as well using auto startup.

(I'm having no problems with this issue but I always place an Unarmed - Tanker at the airfield regardless of whether it is 'blue' or not.

I always pop the canopy as well and that seems to do the trick. I haven't played with intercom at all; just Mic switch forward with the correct airfield frequency.

Have you tried these 2?)

Well I have tried the easy comms and it never responds to that. Ill try poping the canopy on the flight. However I do have a question. Am I supposed to be place crews in the missions? if so haven't done that.

I can't be sure for all missions but I think you don't have the necessary refuel/rearm capability at NEUTRAL fields. Someone else could qualify that. Had too many flights end in the need to find an alternate landing field in the middle of a mission. I land and find out I'm out of luck for repairs, fuel, etc. So I just got into the habit of changing some of the field 'ownership' and adding just 1 tanker.

Like to hear someone else comment on this.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC