autopilot still not working in 1.5.2

Prophet_f15

I've tried to engage the autopilot of f15C. But when I engage the AP there is no attitude or altitude hold even when I activate all three CAS modes. The CAS modes are also not changing any flight attitude. On the instrument information panel the CAS modes are shown but not the engagement of the AP.

I recorded the track but when I'm watching it the jet is moving to and sticking on the grass.

I've tried to engage the autopilot of f15C. But when I engage the AP there is no attitude or altitude hold even when I activate all three CAS modes. The CAS modes are also not changing any flight attitude. On the instrument information panel the CAS modes are shown but not the engagement of the AP.

I recorded the track but when I'm watching it the jet is moving to and sticking on the grass.

While I am just grasping at numbers here but I think I can safely assume. 90% of all autopilot not working problems are linked to the joystick. With that being said. The fix is to add a deadzone to the stick's axis in DCS settings.

The reason the stick is an issue is that it does not center perfectly and causes a slight input constantly and DCS sees this input. Thus AP will not turn on if there is input in the stick. To resolve this, you add a deadzone and thus dcs no longer sees the input and bam AP works.

If it doesn't well not sure m8.

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

Why are you messing with CAS? you want the three cas lights to be off in the right light panel. If any of them are on you cannot engauge AP.

By the way. you cannot turn on autopilot by selecting altitude hold first. It is a two step procedure.

first step is Attitude hold which I believe should be A on the keyboard.

then you turn on Altitude hold if you need straight and level flight.

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

You're right! But we're talking about DCS 1.5.2

Don't think 1.2.xx/1.5.xx or 2.xx matters in terms of CAS. All cas channels must be ON for AP to work regardless of which version of DCS you're running..

This in turn mean all three lights must be extinguished on the warning panel.

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

first step is Attitude hold which I believe should be A on the keyboard.

then you turn on Altitude hold if you need straight and level flight.

This works fine for me in 1.5.2.

"H" key for altitude hold.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

• ED Team
cofcorpse I have attached a track of the instant flight.

Unfortunately, you've made some mistakes.

1. Attitude hold must be turned on the first! (default 'A' key)

2. CAS already engaged at every start. When any CAS light goes on - it indicates that this channel is not working. You can look at left panel, there are three CAS switches. If they are at ON and lights aren't on - CAS works.

3. All 3 CAS channels must be on before your attempt to turn AP on.

This logic was introduced with PFM, so older version of F-15 (with SFM) worked different.

And after I take control in your track I turned on AP with no problem.

P.S. There is some more conditions and explanations: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2039704&postcount=1

Unfortunately, you've made some mistakes.

1. Attitude hold must be turned on the first! (default 'A' key)

2. CAS already engaged at every start. When any CAS light goes on - it indicates that this channel is not working. You can look at left panel, there are three CAS switches. If they are at ON and lights aren't on - CAS works.

3. All 3 CAS channels must be on before your attempt to turn AP on.

This logic was introduced with PFM, so older version of F-15 (with SFM) worked different.

And after I take control in your track I turned on AP with no problem.

P.S. There is some more conditions and explanations: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2039704&postcount=1

Well, looks like the OP just refuses to follow directions. I've ALLREADY told this guy what to and not to do.

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

I am running DCS World 2.0.0.49135 Alpha on Windows 10 64-bit.

I have not been able to get the autopilot to work correctly, and additionally have noticed two other issues:

The Steering Index only shows up as a vertical line. It is my understanding that it should be a cross ( + ), with a vertical and horizontal line.

Also, there is quite a bit of instability in the Pitch Axis. Whenever, I use the elevator trim switch, it results in way to much movement in the Pitch Axis. I am using a CH Products USB Fighterstick (and CH Pro Rudder Pedals).

A track file is attached. When I level-off at 8000' I engage the autopilot ATT hold using the A key and then engage ALT hold using the H key. As you can see this does not work, and the aircraft continues to descend.

After the ALT disengages on its own, I turn off ATT hold, and climb back to 8000' and try again. Same thing happens and autopilot ALT hold disengages on its own after I engage the A key and then the H key.

F-15C Autopilot Fail.trk

I have not looked at your track yet, how ever I'm willing to bet you have no dead zone setup in your axis profile. If dcs detects any stick movement it will shut down autopilot. Place a deadzone in both pitch/roll axis and see if this resolves your issue

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am running DCS World 2.0.0.49135 Alpha on Windows 10 64-bit.

I have not been able to get the autopilot to work correctly, and additionally have noticed two other issues:

The Steering Index only shows up as a vertical line. It is my understanding that it should be a cross ( + ), with a vertical and horizontal line.

Also, there is quite a bit of instability in the Pitch Axis. Whenever, I use the elevator trim switch, it results in way to much movement in the Pitch Axis. I am using a CH Products USB Fighterstick (and CH Pro Rudder Pedals).

A track file is attached. When I level-off at 8000' I engage the autopilot ATT hold using the A key and then engage ALT hold using the H key. As you can see this does not work, and the aircraft continues to descend.

After the ALT disengages on its own, I turn off ATT hold, and climb back to 8000' and try again. Same thing happens and autopilot ALT hold disengages on its own after I engage the A key and then the H key.

I have not looked at your track yet, how ever I'm willing to bet you have no dead zone setup in your axis profile. If dcs detects any stick movement it will shut down autopilot. Place a deadzone in both pitch/roll axis and see if this resolves your issue

So I just watched your Track file and what I suspected is the case.. DCS is registering movement in the stick and with the f15c it temporary disables AutoPilot when it registers stick movement. Once you go past X amount of degree from Straight and level it will shut down completely. Alt hold will shut down completely first then att hold next.

I know this is the case by pressing Right Ctrl + enter to bring up control diagrams. Watching the stick ball it is constantly fidgeting thus the causing AP to not engage.

Resolve to this is adding a a deadzone to both Pitch and roll axis to where it no longer fidgets.

Keep in mind though I will admit, altitude hold in the f15 is a joke. It truly does not like to hold altitude. you have to get it trimmed out PERFECTLY for it to work long term.

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for checking out the track file. My CH Fighterstick makes it very difficult to trim the aircraft correctly. As I mentioned, each click of my trim switch results in way to much pitch change.

I will try a dead-zone and see if that helps ALT hold.

Are the developers still working on the autopilot functionality or is this how it will always work? Also, hoping they can fine tune trim as well.

I would like to fly the new F-15C Campaign, however, these issues really make it difficult.

Thanks for checking out the track file. My CH Fighterstick makes it very difficult to trim the aircraft correctly. As I mentioned, each click of my trim switch results in way to much pitch change.

I will try a dead-zone and see if that helps ALT hold.

Are the developers still working on the autopilot functionality or is this how it will always work? Also, hoping they can fine tune trim as well.

I would like to fly the new F-15C Campaign, however, these issues really make it difficult.

watching your track your att hold was not on either.. Well it was on but was "temp off" due to the stick allways putting in commands. alt hold is shutting completly off due to the 5* pitch limit

Btw I hardly ever use alt hold. I just trim it best I can. You should be fine with just the ATT hold

Edited by pr1malr8ge

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried a dead-zone of up to 10% in the pitch and roll axis of my CH Fighterstick. This made no difference, and the autopilot would not hold Attitude or Altitude. Also, the dead-zone caused Pilot Induced Oscillations (POI) which made the aircraft difficult to control.

So, as it stands now, autopilot does not work for me in either Attitude hold or Altitude hold.

I don't have any problems at all with the autopilot in the A-10C.

I tried a dead-zone of up to 10% in the pitch and roll axis of my CH Fighterstick. This made no difference, and the autopilot would not hold Attitude or Altitude. Also, the dead-zone caused Pilot Induced Oscillations (POI) which made the aircraft difficult to control.

So, as it stands now, autopilot does not work for me in either Attitude hold or Altitude hold.

I don't have any problems at all with the autopilot in the A-10C.

Well, then I have no real options for you that you're going to like.. I can clearly see in your track that your joystick is constantly moving.

But to clarify something, I too also had no issue with AP in the A10 with out any dead zones but the f15 will not work for me with out a dead zone. While I use a TM warthog it only requires a dead zone of 3 for mine to work.

So to sum up and you're not going to like what I'm going to tell you; either A. Deal with out using AP, B. buy a new joystick or C. find some way to eliminate output at dead center of the joy stick.

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Option 4 is a valid request,,,,,,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

While I think the developers some times should resolve issues. How ever in my opinion this is an unreasonable request you're asking for.. Do you know how many models of Joysticks are on the market? Trying to make every single joy stick to work out of the box is IMPOSSIBLE. This is why there is a thing called axis tune. In the f15 there is a thing mounted on the stick that is like what is used in the f16, It is a pressure sensor. Thus any tiny pressure applied can activate the control surfaces. In this sim and in the real jet, any pressure applied to this portion [even with out breaking out of center] will temporarily disengage the AP. So as I said the issue is the fact that the game is interpreting the constant movement of your stick [even though you're not touching it] and not allowing the AP turn on. As I said the options on this is to figure a way to stop the output on the stick at center or use a deadzone so the game knows you truly are not touching the stick.

You cannot blame the developers for a poor design of a manufactures joystick.

What you're asking for is in the same lines of asking the developers to fix the game because someone might have turrets syndrome and their track IR goes Hay Wire when they have an episode.

BTW the reason you and others don't have an Issue with AP while flying the A10c is because it's autopilot is not force sensitive to the stick. I.e. it only turns off when the entire jet goes beyond XX degrees in pitch or ROLL.

Again, your Option 4 is not a valid option as there is nothing wrong with the f15's AP[well in context to what you're referring to] rather a problem with your equipment. So I revised those options and provided an Option 4 that make sense.

Option 1. you deal with the reality that you have a crappy joy stick and just deal with out AP.

Option 2. you buy a new Joystick

Option 3. you your self take the initiative to resolved your joy sticks faults Either A. you do it your self which can include writing software, changing/altering windows drivers, or by using the games axis tune. This can include both deadzone and curvature to help reduce pilot induced oscillations. or B you contact the manufacture and ask them to fix the centering issue[by the way good luck with that]

Option 4. you stop flying the f15c or the sim all together.

Option 5. you continue to keep complaining on this thread to no avail as there is nothing to be done to help you.

Edited by pr1malr8ge

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]