Server not visible

Coug4r

Coug4r, Ik weet het niet mijn beste. I don't know what is the best. You can always revert to a previous version is needed, so suggest you give it a try.

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

I am really lost ...

I have today reinstalled a complete new windows 10 installation on my PC.

And without installing anything else, i installed also DCS Beta 1.5.3 and DCS 1.5.2.

None of both are able to make a valid multi player session where the server gets listed in the DCS server list.

I also have a separate MSI gaming laptop, and strangely, when I run a server hosting session from that laptop, the server GETS listed at DCS from that laptop.

What is going on? What could be causing this?

I have setup correctly the port forwarding...

I am really losing it here. I've tried everything, but just cannot find the root cause of the problem.

I need help, and who can provide it to me.

[/TABLE]

Seems like you have some strange issues if even 1.5.2 won't show up. Still the same story, check ports using external scans, check firewall logs and check if people can join from outside.

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

Interestingly, i let my pc host a test mission on 1.5.3. On my laptop I did not see my pc server in the list, but a couple of people were joining my mission hosted on my pc, so they could view my pc server name on the DCS server list.

So it seems my PC is hosting missions just fine.

When I host the same mission on my laptop, I can view the server name in the server list on my pc...

So, what about the laptop then... I need to investigate some things further...

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

I did not know that. I host it from 10308. It could be indeed that something is causing that the MP program on my laptop is not listing my server in the same lan.

Do you have a similar setup? If yes, you have no licenses installed on your server, only on your client?

[/TABLE]

It's been that way i described at least since v1.2 and from what i've read it's actually a bug that we see it locally at whichever port it is running. Who knows what the new network code will do.

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

• 4 years later...
Nobody has been able to see my server for over a year now.. happened after an update I believe. Have tried every port forwarding trick I can find..
Did you allow DCS in Windows 10 Desktop Firewall? It only asks once and if you klicked deny accidentally you may need to do it in the Firewall settings... at least you can check Windows allows connections forwarded to DCS by your router.

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/windows-10/adjust-windows-10-firewall-settings/

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)