Server not visible

Coug4r

There's still a problem with the server showing up in the serverlist. Running 2 servers, 1 shows up and the other doesn't. The only difference is the mission. People can join the non-visible through direct IP and the server is set to public. There's also TCP traffic between the (i assume) master server (tcp 443) and the server, it just won't show.

Is it possible the 'Public' flag is not arriving at or seen correctly by the master server?

Edited by Coug4r

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

I bet it's running on Windows 7 too, seems to be happening only on that OS. I've sent them 3 partially to almost complete stripped down versions of my mission, 1 that doesn't show up, 1 that sometimes shows up and 1 that does show up so i hope they can find the issue.

-

• ED Team

we do have a report in our bug tracker, hopefully ED will find a fix soon

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Issue still here :(

19 servers are visible atm.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

• ED Team

Like I said in my previous post here, we do have a known issue in our bug tracker.

ED team are on there Xmas / new year break until the 10th January, so We will have to be patient for a patch.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Im glad its just not me having this issue, However i go to connect by i.p be it taw or 104th (Because its not in server list) and it sends me straight back to multiplayer screen same in OB and Nevada :huh:

should connect via i.p even if not visible in the list, as long as the server is running.

Usual stuff below

check ip

check ports

check firewall

check with the relevant server admin. ban / server state / advice ( I know with the 104th you can join ts an someone will assist you )

should connect via i.p even if not visible in the list, as long as the server is running.

Usual stuff below

check ip

check ports

check firewall

check with the relevant server admin. ban / server state / advice ( I know with the 104th you can join ts an someone will assist you )

Hmmm odd i never play with ports, firewalls and so on i dont know what im doing with them, I dont have AV installed either, And ive checked the I.P's on both servers. Ill pop over on there TS see what they say

My server not being visible on the servers list seems to be related to a specific "mission" that I'm running.

I have built 22 missions so far in the old 1.2 game. When I loaded all 22 of them into ver. 1.5 release's mission builder and saved them, when running 9 of them on my server the server is not shown on the list but can be joined by entering the IP.

The other 13 when running, the server is visible. I've re-saved those 9 over again and even tried to make some small changes in order to fix this, but no luck. There's no errors or anything that I can see out of the ordinary in my log files.

If anyone's interested I'd be willing to upload one of mine that shows in the server list, and one that doesn't. That way you can test on your server and see if this is true for you too or maybe someone can catch what's different between the 2 missions and solve this problem.

This seems to be an issue when hosting on Windows 7, i've already sent 3 missions; 1 that doesn't show up, 1 that sometimes shows up and 1 that does show up so they got something to check already.

You could update to Win 10 or wait for a fix. The size of the mission might be the trouble, not anything specific in that mission.

-

I'm on Win10 and I have come across this bug too. So not only Win7. It's really frustrating since there's not any way to check if it's on the list or not once you've started.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

• ED Team

we do have an open bug relating to some servers not showing in the list ED are looking into it.

Same issue here. My server runs perfectly, but does not show up in the multiplayer server list on my other client PC. I CAN connect to the server using the IP number and port, so the server is working properly.

Thank you for checking the root cause of this issue.

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

I can confirm that a mission that never showed up before now most certainly does. Blue Flag was also one that never showed before and now does. I would say resolved at least to (my) satisfaction.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2652491&postcount=13

Regarding the new changelog, 2nd entry, this bug was fixed. Can anyone confirm?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Maybe it is me, but i am not able to see my server when activating public on my client machine ...

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Can anyone confirm?

Yes it is fixed once you update.

However a minor bug has been introduced with this fix, you will no longer be able to see what clients are connected to an updated server through the MP Lobby List.

So the server will show in the list, but it will not show 'who' is connected.

This is a known issue for the team and a fix is being worked on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

The invisible player list is because the server is running a old mission, older than current build. Open and save all your missions and the list of connected users show again. :thumbup:

EDIT: No, it still don't show. I guess it is a bug then :(

EDIT2: The list appears sometimes but it takes forever to be updated.

Edited by HiJack